Apple Products are great.

Once upon a time in Crete, King Midas could touch anything and it would turn to gold. Hands down the coolest thing, until he realised he couldn't touch anything that talks. Tim Cook has a similar problem, where everything he touches turns to crap. Here is my rant. Almost nothing here is factual and I made most of it up.

We start our journey back to 2009 where the unibody 13" MacBook was born (15" is an unrealistic expectation - its how you use it anyway right?). A feat of engineering superiority. Made from unicorn tears and other rarity this beast of a machine was unmatched in "Swag". Dumb nerds commented on the superior machine - labelling it as "too expensive for the hardware" and "Only 4GB RAM? Can't even run games". The lack of cheapness and good graphics (cough intel) were nothing to worry about as it works flawlessly. From watching *internet videos* in premium quality on its glossy display - which makes everything pop, to drafting up your favourite novel in a Starbucks. This laptop was quickly picked up by Students and what we know now as "Hipsters" (Although some people also call them unemployed) and as a result caught on a cult following. MacBooks became a symbol of coolness every since the infamous Mac vs PC ads. We sure showed those Windows Vista nerds.

Fast forward to 2015. The Tim Cook Effect is now seen in its fullest potential. My first thought "Wtf thats so slow". Intel Core M processors barely meet the requirement for OS X. Its essentially an iPad with a keyboard. Lose the touch ability, make it stockier and harder to use. There is a common saying, "You can't polish a turd". Well Tim Cook stuck a USB-C port and a headphone jack to one and sold it. It was no longer polished but came in a variety of finishes - all of which are not scratch-proof.

We see the Tim Cook Effect back in 2016. "Innovation" has reached its peak. Touch Bars are the new big thing. Have a USB Device? forget it. Don't need it. What? its the mainstream standard and literally everything uses it? Who cares. Apple is always looking to the future and breaking away with old technology. Speaking of old technology, the new iPhone works great with the adapter that doesn't come with the phone to plug it into your MacBook. Want to sync your iPhone for the first time? OLD TECHNOLOGY - forget it.

Switch back to 2009. iPhone 3GS. Works great - nice and fast. iOS is the most advanced mobile operating system at this point. This phone is one of the most comfiest phones out there. It fits in your hand just lovely. Want to look at your contacts - theres an app for that. Apps popup everywhere. Golden days of Jailbreaking  - iOS will look back on these tweaks and eventually incorporate most of them, such as SBSettings and LockInfo.

In 2014 we see the Tim Cook Effect. The iPhone 6's big ugly camera sticks out. A lot. Whole phone is wobbly. Why? (I still don't know this). Solid phone however. In 2017 things take a turn for the worst. No headphone jack. Why? Like why. WHY. (Angery!!!!!!!) Bluetooth is still complete crap. We're not gonna buy your new Beats Tim. They are also bad (and most not Bluetooth). AuthenTec still working wonders however as I'm still impressed by the Touch ID - really the best for security. iOS recieves no updates at all during all this time. Apps then don't work because everything is 64-bit and its a well-known fact that 32-bit apps don't work in a 64-bit environment. I like my Chop-Chop Ninja still thank you - and I have the original Flappy Bird.  What a dick move.

Oh and Tim made an attempt at a watch. Its obese. I have it and I have quite a big hand - it still looks fat (Both my hand and the watch). Its great you can access limited versions of the apps you can use when you pull out your phone. Updates to this series include: nothing.

[EDIT 1]

iPhone X. Tim please eXplain. The motto is, 'say hello to the future'. Just like I can't see the real future I cant see the whole iPhone X. Why do you have that black notch.

iPhone 8 - like the iPhone X but not as good. Why. Screen is better though because you can see all of it.

Current State of Apple Products:

- MacBook = Useless turd.

- MacBook Pro = badly made turd.

- MacBook Air = Great. Not made with Tim Cook's agenda in mind.

- iPhone 7/8 = Makes Android look almost not laughable.

- iPhone 7/8 Plus = an iPad Mini (With no headphone jack)

- iPad Pro =  Want a MacBook with no keyboard and limited operating system?

- iPad Air =  Want a smaller MacBook with no keybaord and limited operating system?

- Mac Mini = ok, I like this.

- Apple TV = I'm not that mad. Seriously this could be my favourite.

- Apple Watch =  fat useless blob on your hand. Look at your phone for an upgrade.

- iMac = I could like this.

- Mac Pro = Still a trashcan.

- Hackintosh =  Irrelevant.

I will edit and post more when I think of it.

12 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

......... Apple Products:

Are you trying to give Tim ideas for new product? -  "O pay us just one of your kidneys per month and you can have our operating system installed on your PC" xD (won't be surprised if they actually do this tho)

cool story bro

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

On 11/30/2017 at 4:45 AM, komar said:

Are you trying to give Tim ideas for new product? -  "O pay us just one of your kidneys per month and you can have our operating system installed on your PC" xD (won't be surprised if they actually do this tho)

That would mean solid drivers for new products. Impossible.

On 11/30/2017 at 4:47 AM, Princess Cadence said:

cool story bro

Can't see any story here. Or any brothers for that matter.

3 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Can't see any story here. Or any brothers for that matter.

Cool status update, fellow user.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

They already support AMD GPUS and all Intel CPUs for the list above. There are ways to install nvidia drivers for hackintosh so how hard it could be to add support for them also? So Apple can just make 2 custom motherboards  - one for AMD and one for Intel mainstream lines, add full driver support and say: Make your self a custom Mac with the parts you desire and run our OS for a fee of XXXX per month.....

Not that hard + they will make a lot of sales.....

1 minute ago, komar said:

They already support AMD GPUS and all Intel CPUs for the list above. There are ways to install nvidia drivers for hackintosh so how hard it could be to add support for them also? So Apple can just make 2 custom motherboards  - one for AMD and one for Intel mainstream lines, add full driver support and say: Make your self a custom Mac with the parts you desire and run our OS for a fee of XXXX per month.....

Not that hard + they will make a lot of sales.....

Pretty much an old Mac Pro. Support for GTX 6xx and above is there. A little bit hit an miss with most AMD cards however. Its a great concept for sure - but I think the monopoly on their OS is whats keeping their sales up. With perpetual upgrades in Windows 10  - this concept of 'renting' an OS is really cool - maybe a subscription service you get hardware upgrades as well.

6 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Pretty much an old Mac Pro. Support for GTX 6xx and above is there. A little bit hit an miss with most AMD cards however. Its a great concept for sure - but I think the monopoly on their OS is whats keeping their sales up. With perpetual upgrades in Windows 10  - this concept of 'renting' an OS is really cool - maybe a subscription service you get hardware upgrades as well.

Their sales are still so high because of their loyal clients that still think "its cool to have iphone, ipad, macbook , and the rest mac and itrash" and they are counting on it since no matter what junk they make there are still gonna be people to buy it (lots of people). But those are the normal people, using their devices for daily stuff. To see someone still using Macs for company level of work is very rare these days. And why? - their best "computer" is from 2013......

MacBook pro - yeah I see how good are they + how many per day some guys repair.

So if Apple makes a way the "enthusiasts" to use their OS for their overkill builds and get payed for that - even more $$$$ in their pocket....

Edited by wkdpaul
cleaned up

25 minutes ago, komar said:

Their sales are still so high because of their loyal clients that still think "its cool to have iphone, ipad, macbook , and the rest mac and itrash" and they are counting on it since no matter what junk they make there are still gonna be people to buy it (lots of people). But those are the normal people, using their devices for daily stuff. To see someone still using Macs for company level of work is very rare these days. And why? - their best "computer" is from 2013......

MacBook pro - yeah I see how good are they + how many per day some guys repair.

So if Apple makes a way the "enthusiasts" to use their OS for their overkill builds and get payed for that - even more $$$$ in their pocket....

Pretty much i still buy their stuff because no other company can still compete with their build quality. Its still top. I need reliablility so I go for Apple. Windows itself is just trash right now - too unstable :(

Edited by Guest
cleaned up

2 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Pretty much i still buy their stuff because no other company can still compete with their build quality. Its still top. I need reliablility so I go for Apple. Windows itself is just trash right now - too unstable :(

Define "unstable".

I'm using windows 10 since it launched and yes it had some hard time (specially with ryzen lunch) but they fixed it. Everything from Visual Studio, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, games for 5-10 hrs a day everyday - haven't had a crash since I upgraded the bad components I had before (from the start of the summer).  There are a lot of forum threads about "windows update starts alone and fucks up unsaved stuff, costing companies thousands of dollars" but this is due to retards not configuring their machines properly.

As for build quality idk what you mean here? Microsoft doesn't build your PC like Apple does xD

If you want build quality go get youself prebuild Dell or something else.  Apple laptops are junk "under the hood " (other say it  - I never had one) as for phones and tablets I don't know - never had or used one. And never will - I want to be able to do everything with my device! That is why I still have LG Nexus 5 ;)

Phone X. Tim please eXplain. The motto is, 'say hello to the future'. Just like I can't see the real future I cant see the whole iPhone X. Why do you have that black notch.

iPhone 8 - like the iPhone X but not as good. Why. Screen is better though because you can see all of it.

The notch is really not noticeable with use

Current State of Apple Products:

- MacBook = Useless turd.

- MacBook Pro = badly made turd.

What's wrong with the MB and MBP?

- iPhone 7/8 Plus = an iPad Mini (With no headphone jack)

LOL, don't disagree with you here

- iPad Pro =  Want a MacBook with no keyboard and limited operating system?

To be fair, this targets quite a different market. You can't draw on a the screen of a MacBook

- iPad Air =  Want a smaller MacBook with no keybaord and limited operating system?

Or a bigger screen to use for media consumption? 

- Mac Mini = ok, I like this.

- Apple TV = I'm not that mad. Seriously this could be my favourite.

- Apple Watch =  fat useless blob on your hand. Look at your phone for an upgrade.

My phone doesn't sit on my wrist though...

13 minutes ago, komar said:

But those are the normal people, using their devices for daily stuff. To see someone still using Macs for company level of work is very rare these days. And why? - their best "computer" is from 2013......

Sounds like you have a selection bias, what sector do you work in? How is it "very rare" when Macs are still very popular in art, tech, business and education?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Thread cleaned.

Let me remind everyone that the Community Standards ask everyone to be respectful, calling a whole customer base "retards" isn't something we allow, same for calling others fanboys, etc ...

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

No harassment, discrimination or abuse of any kind.

• This includes insults, fanboy, or troll accusations

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 hour ago, Blade of Grass said:

The notch is really not noticeable with use

- It just looks out of place and stupid. More a design flaw - its advertised as a larger screen but its not really. Its kind of like the edges to those Samsung Edge phones - kinda stupid. If the notch wasn't there I really wouldn't be mad at the iPhone X - its security features are far above any Android handset - although I want to be looking at something that doesnt have to advertise 'animojis' to sell. We could have expected a lot more. I'm not talking about the whole whiz-bang of technology they shoved into the Razer phone - no one cares about that stuff in a phone (Cause in the end - its a phone) but perhaps the addition of USB-C to make it more seamless with Macs. More practical stuff, not 120Hz displays, are more welcome.

What's wrong with the MB and MBP?

- Build quality is a bit worse. Nothing really I guess I was a bit tired when I wrote this. The finish on them does scratch really easily however - and the new keyboards aren't that great. Could do with better connectivity options - especially for the 15" model (and normal macbook - one USB-C is not enough). I've bought so many dongles its so silly. Wireless is the future but cutting technology off when its not ready is just naive.

To be fair, this targets quite a different market. You can't draw on a the screen of a MacBook

- True

Or a bigger screen to use for media consumption? 

- I had an iPad for a while but I just ended up using my laptop. I suppose its great if you have the money, but if your laptop is in equal reach just go for your laptop. If its for a work environment I see a good case for its use.

My phone doesn't sit on my wrist though..

- What I mean is if you are wanting to improve on the user experience reach into your pocket :). Apple Watches would be a lot better if they focused more on useability and the quality of applications. The utlitiy of the watch is quite nice however. The Apple Watch just doesn't have any practical use - might as well get a fitbit.

11 minutes ago, Blade of Grass said:

Sounds like you have a selection bias, what sector do you work in? How is it "very rare" when Macs are still very popular in art, tech, business and education?

None - still a student but since I'm learning how to program now and my hobby is to mess around with hardware with the help of the family I made a lot of friends and connections with people all over my country working in different sectors.  Since I don't live in America or somewhere where Apple products are popular I may have different impressions - in my county its common to see Iphone (only because you get cooler if you have and you are between 10-30 years old) but anything other than that is very rare.

On 11/30/2017 at 4:28 AM, RorzNZ said:

Makes Android look almost not laughable.

and

- Hackintosh =  Irrelevant. ( was that an attack or is it saying it is irrelevent to the topic because it not made by apple )

you want to go kiddo

Could you put have put  RANT on the title that would help.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

7 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

The Hackintosh is not irrelevant, it provides the computing power users need that they can't get on an actual Mac while still running OSX. Take the 16Gb RAM cap in the new Macs. Most users will need more than that, but where are they going to get it? What if they need more RAM and have to upgrade? What if they need more internal storage? Hackintoshes allow pretty much everything Macs don't.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

17 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

The Hackintosh is not irrelevant, it provides the computing power users need that they can't get on an actual Mac while still running OSX. Take the 16Gb RAM cap in the new Macs. Most users will need more than that, but where are they going to get it? What if they need more RAM and have to upgrade? What if they need more internal storage? Hackintoshes allow pretty much everything Macs don't.

The Hackintosh era is over. Like Jailbreaking it is dying out. There isn't a 16GB RAM cap in the new macs.

33 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

and

- Hackintosh =  Irrelevant. ( was that an attack or is it saying it is irrelevent to the topic because it not made by apple )

you want to go kiddo

Whens the last time you needed a hackintosh.

9 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

The Hackintosh era is over. Like Jailbreaking it is dying out. There isn't a 16GB RAM cap in the new macs.

On the MacBooks, the RAM cap is 16Gb.

I have a friend that needed to built a Hackintosh for their entertainment server since it worked best on OSX

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

On the MacBooks, the RAM cap is 16Gb.

I have a friend that needed to built a Hackintosh for their entertainment server since it worked best on OSX

Its great that Apple offers other models. Anyway I think this is getting a bit silly. Lets agree to disagree (Because I think my opinion is a bit too strong)

1 minute ago, RorzNZ said:

Its great that Apple offers other models. Anyway I think this is getting a bit silly. Lets agree to disagree (Because I think my opinion is a bit too strong)

I respect Apple and their products, but I'm a hardcore PC user so my opinion against it is fairly strong.

If we can keep a civil discussion, I'm happy to go into everything I like about PC vs Mac lol

58 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Yeah but I prefer having my own hardware to choose from.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

9 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

There'd be the option where you can buy the OS for $599.99 or you can get it as a subscription for $29.99 a month and get driver support.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

5 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Windows itself is just trash right now - too unstable :(

Linux is better. BSD is best.

ORANGE SCREEN WINDOWS 10 VALUE OVER TIME - PC VS MAC

Spoiler

i5 7600k @ 5.0 GHz xD

Corsair H60 with Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

MSI Z270-A Pro Motherboard

EVGA 1050 Ti SC

16 GB Corsair DDR4 @ 2400 MHz

500 GB Sandisk 950 PRO - Windows 10, Elementary OS, Zorin OS

500 GB Sandisk 850 PRO

1 TB WD Blue

Corsair CX750

1 x Corsair AF120 Quiet Red Led

Rosewell Tyrfing Case

Spoiler

EliteBook 8570w
i7 3720QM @ 2.6 GHz
Quadro K1000M
24 GB DDR3 @ 1600 MHz
250 GB SanDisk 850 EVO - Elementary OS, Windows 10, Debian

Spoiler

i5 3470 @ 3.2 GHz
EVGA 750 Ti SC
8 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz
240 GB SanDisk - Windows 10, Linux Mint

what even is this thread? 

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.