EA named "Best place to work 2014" by human rights campaign

ixi_your_face

A Good Guy EA moment is upon us!

Electronic Arts scored a 100 percent on Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality, the company announced today on its blog.

Since 2002, HRC's report has examined businesses for "inclusive policies, practices and benefits for LGBT employees." According to HRC president Chad Griffin's executive summary in the Corporate Equality Index 2014 (PDF link), EA was one of "304 major businesses — spanning nearly every industry and geography — [that] earned a top score of 100 percent and the coveted distinction of 'Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality.'"

EA has supported LGBT causes on a corporate level. Earlier this year, it announced its participation in LGBT Pride Month. In March, it held a one-day conference to discuss LGBT issues.

2013 has been a very exciting year at EA for all of our LGBT (Lesbian Gay Bi-Sexual Transgender) colleagues, friends and family. Driven by our Diversity & Inclusion team, EA was involved in a number of initiatives focused on equality and today we are happy to announce that EA has once again scored 100% on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) “Best Places to Work 2014” Corporate Equality Index. We are extremely proud of this achievement that recognizes corporate policies and practices that demonstrate a commitment to LGBT equality and inclusion.

So, what do you guys think? 

Personally, i think that it's great news, EA gets a lot of flack, but every now and then these stories bring out the best in them. It's a nice change.

Sources:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/12/9/5193222/ea-scores-100-percent-on-human-rights-campaign-index

http://www.ea.com/news/ea-named-to-best-places-to-work-2014-by-human-rights-campaign

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

if they fix Battlefield 4 and things like that and release Humble Origin Bundle 2 in my eyes then they are an "ok company"

EA....get your shit together...I missed the good ol' days...

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

The reason is probably because they get so much money by not doing anything to fix games and sell peoples information from that online DRM SHIT

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

You could barely call what they do 'work'

Maybe if they pulled their heads out of their asses for 5 minutes instead of faffing about all day they wouldn't cop as much shit, but god forbid they stress out the 'workers'

Oh no! Using more than one brain cell?! THE PAIN!

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

My cousin used to work at the EA in burnaby....he then quit and went to work for apple................................

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

if they fix Battlefield 4 and things like that and release Humble Origin Bundle 2 in my eyes then they are an "ok company"

Yeah, BF4 is handled by DICE who is trying to fix their shit after their unfinished game got pushed by EA. Such a dick move, people are complaining about it being bad, but it is EA's fault in the first place.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

I would have expected Google, Facebook, Apple, or Microsoft to be named best place to work. I've been to all of those campuses except Facebook and they are all really awesome. 

Google also treats its workers right, but are creepy stalkers of the general public. This means nothing to me.

EA....get your shit straight...I missed the good ol' days...

hehehe.....

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

still not fixing a broken game but...

''FX-9590 Hotter than lava''

The title is wrong twice, first it is "places" not "place" so they are one of many probably and second it's "for LGBT Equality" not best place in everything.

You could barely call what they do 'work'

Maybe if they pulled their heads out of their asses for 5 minutes instead of faffing about all day they wouldn't cop as much shit, but god forbid they stress out the 'workers'

Maybe you should pull YOUR head out of YOUR ass and maybe realize that it's not grunts working 60-70 hours a week that are the problem at big publishers.  The problems with EA and every big publisher are entirely due to the people in charge.

Yeah, BF4 is handled by DICE who is trying to fix their shit after their unfinished game got pushed by EA. Such a dick move, people are complaining about it being bad, but it is EA's fault in the first place.

No. A publisher gives a date for the developers on a product that will be shipped. It's up to them to work whaeber hours needed to finish a game. If dice isn't willing to pull all nighters it is their fault, and quite possibly a reason why ea is considering not letting dice develop the next game.

I doubt a place anywhere in the world making people work 60-70 hours a week would be voted the best place to work for... Nice try there though, I'll give you points for the effort

Those hours are common for the entire game industry. It may not happen to every person every week, but it's enough to call it an average. Also, the title is misleading. It's the best place to work for LBGT people, which EA has been very supportive of for several years.

At least they make a crap ton of money...

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Also I have had 2 friends who worked at EA.... This goes against everything they said. Interesting. Small sample size on my part I guess.

Keep up the good work! Not quite sure what being gay means to the quality of their publishing ability is tho.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

Yeah doubt it.

I want to hear some real opinions from workers or ex-workers from EA.

Yeah doubt it.

I want to hear some real opinions from workers or ex-workers from EA.

I have heard them from 2 friends that work at EA. It could just be that my 2 friends are too small of a sample size, but I would not be shocked if EA itself had a lot to do with this.

I have heard them from 2 friends that work at EA. It could just be that my 2 friends are too small of a sample size, but I would not be shocked if EA itself had a lot to do with this.

Well I'm a bit more interested in workers experiences from working at EA specifically, and working at their sub-set developer companies like DICE and Bioware.

EA could be a great place to work at, morally wrong of course, but the developer studios could be awful.