Apple reduces face recognition security accuracy to increase production - Various security branches within O/S?

5 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Yeah, but Samsung was by no means the first.

They had iris scanners on other phones before. Those worked in a clumsy manner and were slow. 

I had a Note7 before the fiery fiasco and while it is very fast, it was also quite finicky. The one on the Note8 is much less susceptible. 

Face ID is not exactly new and ground breaking either. Its windows hello with dots. 

4 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

But convenience.....

You're also implying FaceID won't work flawlessly, which we don't know yet. All this news is saying is that they had to relax their standards -- which could have been ridiculously high, and now they're more realistic. That doesn't say anything about how well it works nor does it say that it will be insecure (I haven't read the article, so I apologize if either were mentioned in it).

They are already running into issues and its not even released yet. Thats what this article is about. Of course I am implying there are problems. 

4 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

I wonder where are you getting that 

I saying working flawlessly as in a feature that works well when used. Not saying it cant be cracked

Just now, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Biometrics can be tricked if you try.

People really only use them for convenience. If you want secure, the world's longest passcode is for you.

I didn't say that biometrics can't be hacked and I'm aware that most fingerprint scanners including Touch ID can be bypassed by Elmer's Glue.

3 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

People just use the anti apple trend of this forum to gain popularity.... 

Everyone takes a chill pill....

If there's one thing proven in tech forums is that PCMR/Android fanatics are way more vicious and loathing than the actual Apple fanboys. 

I can name names if you want... {/s}

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

4 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Agreed. IMO as long as some jackass on the street can't unlock my phone with his finger, thumb, iris, etc... then it's good enough for me. 

People fuss too much over it.

As long as you're actually securing your phone with a decent screen lock and it's not conventional face unlock, you're good.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

4 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

They are already running into issues and its not even released yet. Thats what this article is about. Of course I am implying there are problems. 

They are running into production issues because it's something new. That says absolutely nothing about how it will perform. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Whatever compromise we make now we will get it fixed before your android device get to the latest update......

I'm Jonathan Ive, the best fucking designer since Dieter Rams. I invented #minimaluminiumalism.

Just now, Not_Jony_Ive said:

Whatever compromise we make now we will get it fixed before your android device get to the latest update......

So never? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

5 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

If there's one thing proven in tech forums is that PCMR/Android fanatics are way more vicious and loathing than the actual Apple fanboys. 

I can name names if you want... {/s}

Here. I fixed it for you. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

1 hour ago, Princess Cadence said:

My entire life is in one device alright... just not the common device for most people I guess... I rarely use my phone, couldn't care less about it... all my online stuff and what not is done on my notebook / PC... which is fairly harder to get lost/stolen.

Same with me, everything is on my desktop with literally nothing on my laptop or phone or tablet :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Android fanatics are way more vicious and loathing than the actual Apple fanboys. 

Well for the longest time you were called a poor person by apple users because you had an android over and iPhone. Wonder where their saltiness comes from?

4 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Well for the longest time you were called a poor person by apple users .....

After the Android users called Apple users idiots for spending that kind of money on a phone. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Joking aside believe me or not I've seen a dozen of people who posted something like this at /r/apple. 

"X years ago I was not interested in anything apple related. I think their hardware is junk, overpriced hippie showoffs.

Look what I have now: 

• 2 macbook pros
  • 2 magic mouse "COS I REALLY NEED 2"
  • 1 beats headphone
  • 1 beats X
  • 1 iMac
  • 2 magic keyboards
  • 1 magic trackpad

"

I think the reason that reverse apple fanboy is so angry is that they are just a bunch of gamers... what do gamers hate? Anything that cannot play games on.

Tech News entry does not meet the posting guidelines:

> Missing explaining the news in your own words

> No quotes to support or complete what your saying

As a result the thread has been moved out of the Tech News section.

Just now, mynameisjuan said:

Well for the longest time you were called a poor person by apple users because you had an android over and iPhone. Wonder where their saltiness comes from?

First of all, I feel sorry for you that your self esteem is dragged down by mere lousy teasing from Apple fanboys to the point it drive you to loathe the actual phone. I think you need new friends or a new working environment if those fairly common teasing are affecting you or worse, gets you triggered. ^_^

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

After the Android users called Apple users idiots for spending that kind of money on a phone. 

And PCMR extremists call Mac users dumb heads for spending thousands on an underpowered laptop. Am I right? :P

6 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Well for the longest time you were called a poor person by apple users because you had an android over and iPhone.

Name one person who did this..... 

3 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

And PCMR extremists call Mac users dumb heads for spending thousands on an underpowered laptop. Am I right? :P

The funny part about that is that iPhones and Macs have actually saved me money (not to mention an infinite amount of money in the form of frustration avoidance). I can't tell you how many times I would've thrown my Surface against a wall if I had to use it as my actual laptop.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

flammable-danger-sign-s-1862.png

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

15 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

• iSHEEP
  • SHEEPLE
  • KNOW NOTHING ABOUT PC
  • 2000$ FACEBOOK MACHINE
  • FOR THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY YOU CAN GET A XXXXXXXX PC
  • WELL ACTUALLY MY NEXUS DEVICE ... (INSERT UPDATES HERE)

List can go on...

Edit: all these comments just remind me of someone here at this forum... should I tag him just to spice it up the things here? 

Edited by mrchow19910319

Just now, mrchow19910319 said:
  •  
  • WELL ACTUALLY MY NEXUS DEVICE ... (INSERT UPDATES HERE)

What updates?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

-snip-

There's no denying that Apple knows how to properly optimize their own software with an existing hardware. Just look at Final Cut Pro X, not even Adobe can't touch FCP X's very fast timeline scrubbing and exporting.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

Apple users were undermining people before android hit mainstream. iphone 1-5 was a status symbol.

4 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

First of all, I feel sorry for you that your self esteem is dragged down by mere lousy teasing from Apple fanboys to the point it drive you to loathe the actual phone. I think you need new friends or a new working environment if those fairly common teasing are affecting you or worse, gets you triggered. ^_^

Yes I was so traumatized by all the harassment!!! 

Name one person who did this..... 

You leave your house and have friends right? Shit was brought up all the time

1 minute ago, hey_yo_ said:

There's no denying that Apple knows how to properly optimize their own software with an existing hardware. Just look at Final Cut Pro X, not even Adobe can't touch FCP X's very fast timeline scrubbing and exporting.

In fairness, FCP is fast because it utilizes quicksync (which isn't quite as good as traditional rendering), and there are other programs that utilize Quicksync (no idea how well they work though).

Just now, mynameisjuan said:

Apple users were undermining people before android hit mainstream. iphone 1-5 was a status symbol.

I disagree. From my experience people were bitching about spending that kind of money on a phone long before Apple users responded. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Just now, hey_yo_ said:

yeah that's their business strat right there. 

you still get a smooth experience, but the hardware itself is not as powerful. 

if you think about it, PC vs MAC, android phones vs iPhone, it is the same. 

the other party (android/pc) have to put out more powerful hardware. 

apple themselves because they have control over the hardware they put out, so they can optimize the shit out of it. 

Just now, hey_yo_ said:

You need new friends.

Wait you actually think I was actually traumatized?

3 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

I disagree. From my experience people were bitching about spending that kind of money on a phone long before Apple users responded. 

Thats the whole point. If you had one you had money and people took that straight to their ego. 

2 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

You leave your house and have friends right? Shit was brought up all the time

hmmmmm... I personally never heard anyone say anything like that..

but there is one thing though, apple marketing makes you "feel special" makes you "feel elite" it is just their marketing trick. and it works.... so, there is that. I've never seen any other tech company's marketing is as good as apple's. I've heard some people said that if you have to live a life that those apple ads promotes to you, you got to be a millionaire 1st... which is true..