Apple reduces face recognition security accuracy to increase production - Various security branches within O/S?

2 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Thats the whole point. If you had one you had money and people took that straight to their ego. 

Except that it was almost always the Android users who brought it up in the first place. Even today my friends with some Android phone are constantly asking if my shitty iPhone can do ____. I'm never the one to start it because I couldn't give a shit. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

hmmmmm... I personally never heard anyone say anything like that..

but there is one thing though, apple marketing makes you "feel special" makes you "feel elite" it is just their marketing trick. and it works.... so, there is that. I've never seen any other tech company's marketing is as good as apple's. I've heard some people said that if you have to live a life that those apple ads promotes to you, you got to be a millionaire 1st... which is true.. 

My father got an Iphone 5 and ever since he literally became an Apple fanboy an elitist and a manchild. He praises it soo much even though he can barely operate it and has problems all the time.

It's very very entertaining to tease him about his phone.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

1 minute ago, Cyberspirit said:

My father got an Iphone 5 and ever since he literally became an Apple fanboy an elitist and a manchild. He praises it soo much even though he can barely operate it and has problems all the time.

It's very very entertaining to tease him about his phone.

that's a lovely father 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

1 minute ago, mrchow19910319 said:

that's a lovely father 

Oh the things i could tell you... He is terrible but Definitely not the worst.

Just now, Cyberspirit said:

That sums up pretty much all the father in this world, i can definitely relate to that. 

worth a million bucks just to see our parents happy isn't it? 

16 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

hmmmmm... I personally never heard anyone say anything like that..

but there is one thing though, apple marketing makes you "feel special" makes you "feel elite" it is just their marketing trick. and it works.... so, there is that. I've never seen any other tech company's marketing is as good as apple's. I've heard some people said that if you have to live a life that those apple ads promotes to you, you got to be a millionaire 1st... which is true.. 

Actually last week at the bar this guy was hitting it off and he went to type in her number and he pulled out his phone and it was either a J or x series and she laughed and said wait why do you have a poor phone and walked away. That shit still exist and blows my mind that that mentality is still around. Back in the 1-5 days was when it was the worst, but what I saw last week I have not saw in a long time. 

Yeah their marketing is great. I cant argue that in any way. 

Just now, mynameisjuan said:

Actually last week at the bar this guy was hitting it off and he went to type in her number and he pulled out his phone and it was either a J or x series and she laughed and said wait why do you have a poor phone and walked away. That shit still exist and blows my mind that that mentality is still around. Back in the 1-5 days was when it was the worst, but what I saw last week I have not saw in a long time. 

Yeah their marketing is great. I cant argue that in any way. 

Now explain me why would anyone get together with a chick like that? 

15 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

show them this: 

Still the only argument most have even though android devices regularly receive security updates, just not version updates. 

Now explain me why would anyone get together with a chick like that? 

I wouldnt nor would anyone else. Shitty people exist no matter what. I mean she was fucking smoking but that would of turned me right off. 

9 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Don't let those people get into you. We've all seen people like that. Ive seen worse. 

8 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Still the only argument most have even though android devices regularly receive security updates, just not version updates. 

it's a joke.... let's not argue over this cos its the most useless yet never ending battle.

Since when did this turn into an Android vs iOS discussion again?

Honestly, I could give 2 craps what you use. If you like using it, then by all means, enjoy. 

I never understood this whole flame war. If you’re going to throw insults to each other over a cellphone, maybe take a deep breath and step outside.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

8 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Don't let those people get into you. We've all seen people like that. Ive seen worse. 

Oh I dont let it get to me. Just makes me sad people can be like that over a device

7 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

it's a joke.... let's not argue over this cos its the most useless yet never ending battle.

I know. But yeah its a pointless argument. Both platforms have pros and cons.

1 minute ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Since when did this turn into an Android vs iOS discussion again?

Honestly, I could give 2 craps what you use. If you like using it, then by all means, enjoy. 

I never understood this whole flame war. If you’re going to throw insults to each other over a cellphone, maybe take a deep breath and step outside.

Say something or ask about opinions on something and there you have it. That's how arguments get born.

Say something or ask about opinions on something and there you have it. That's how arguments get born.

And all of us pretty much just picked our own poison. 

That's what marketing does. We are the suckers, those companies are the ones that profit. 

54 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

I think the reason that reverse apple fanboy is so angry is that they are just a bunch of gamers... what do gamers hate? Anything that cannot play games on.

Bootcamp and bam, all windows games will work on your device. Not to mention how generally the ULV chips used by Apple (in the MBP13) have iris pro/plus iGPUs meaning that they are generally more capable at playing video games than a windows equivalent :P (assuming cooling is sufficient). 

Frankly the hate people put towards apple computers is unjustified IMO (but some products are indeed overpriced so...I am slightly torn). 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

Frankly the hate people put towards apple computers is unjustified IMO (but some products are indeed overpriced so...I am slightly torn). 

it all comes down to macOS. if you want macOS, then you are pretty much okay to swallow the higher price tags. 

I think all apple device is overpriced.... 

3 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

it all comes down to macOS. if you want macOS, then you are pretty much okay to swallow the higher price tags. 

I think all apple device is overpriced.... 

A MBP 13 non-touch bar is only about £50-100 more than the equivalent XPS 13 so.... IMO even just for 'actual' TB3, its worth it :)  

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

A MBP 13 non-touch bar is only about £50-100 more than the equivalent XPS 13 so.... IMO even just for 'actual' TB3, its worth it :)  

didnt know xps is that expensive. 

1 hour ago, djdwosk97 said:

But convenience.....

Then use a less secure lock system that isn't protected by the fifth amendment and don't come complain here later 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

5 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

Then use a less secure lock system that isn't protected by the fifth amendment and don't come complain here later 

I do, and I wouldn't. Also, it's just a matter of time until courts decide that passwords aren't protected by the fifth amendment either. I do believe there has already been a case where a person was imprisoned for refusing to decrypt a drive (although imprisonment for contempt/obstruction is still likely better than whatever crime you would have been convicted of otherwise, and with biometric security you don't have the option of contempt/obstruction). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

8 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

Eh, these kind of things are still relatively unclear, mostly because there's been no real precedent-setting rulings on the issue (different courts within the US have ruled both for and against protection). Passwords aren't even guaranteed to be protected (just google "us password ordered to be revealed").

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

OP, care to update? https://www.macrumors.com/2017/10/25/apple-face-id-downgrad-claims-completely-false/ 

According to Apple, the quality and the accuracy of Face ID have not changed, and Face ID will be the new "gold standard" for facial authentication.

"Customer excitement for iPhone X and Face ID has been incredible, and we can't wait for customers to get their hands on it starting Friday, November 3. Face ID is a powerful and secure authentication system that's incredibly easy and intuitive to use. The quality and accuracy of Face ID haven't changed. It continues to be 1 in a million probability of a random person unlocking your iPhone with Face ID. 

Bloomberg's claim that Apple has reduced the accuracy spec for Face ID is completely false and we expect Face ID to be the new gold standard for facial authentication."