Logitech announces G603 LightSpeed Wireless Mouse

AlTech

They really improved wireless tech and keeping geat performance sensor along. And yeah also the G613 wireless mechanical keyboard with low latency as well. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Will it be a worthy successor to the greatest of all time wireless mouse, the G602?

11 hours ago, Cookybiscuit said:

Maybe it is, but why do I need something that sits on my desk 24/7 to be wireless? It's 2ft away from a power source for it's entire life.

If you have a laptop and use it to game and browse everywhere, a wireless mouse is more practical. If the PC is far away from the side of the desk your mouse is on, wireless is the way to go if you don't want to get snagged. If you want to lie on your bed and use your mouse to browse, the wireless optical sensor of the G602 which can track on your blanket can do that too. You said you've never used a wireless mouse in your life. Well, obviously you won't know the benefits to yourself if you've never tried it.

My mamba sits on its dock most of the day...

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

13 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I like the look.  I have a thing about mice having as few seams as possible and being totally smooth / texture-less.  The less places for gunk to build up the better.

Problem solved.   /s

MLA02.jpeg.00bf463edc1670980ddd1e5466024bcb.jpeg

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

2 hours ago, Dogeystyle said:

If you have a laptop and use it to game and browse everywhere, a wireless mouse is more practical. If the PC is far away from the side of the desk your mouse is on, wireless is the way to go if you don't want to get snagged. If you want to lie on your bed and use your mouse to browse, the wireless optical sensor of the G602 which can track on your blanket can do that too. You said you've never used a wireless mouse in your life. Well, obviously you won't know the benefits to yourself if you've never tried it.

6 hours ago, miagisan said:

I can stand wired keyboards as I don't move them much, but I despise wired mouses. The cable annoys me greatly. 

Love my G602

I can see the argument if you're using it anywhere other than a desk. Ez pz though to just take up as much cable as you need and cable tie it to to the back of your monitor as a bungee, it never gets in the way. 

Rather have an infinite power source and no ability to have it fall off my desk.

1 hour ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Problem solved.   /s

xD well, im not a big fan of it in particular but you're not wrong about it meeting those criteria :P

I suppose I should also say I like it to be on the larger side, actually designed for comfort, has several buttons and a scroll wheel, adjustable dpi, etc.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

xD well, im not a big fan of it in particular but you're not wrong about it meeting those criteria :P

I suppose I should also say I like it to be on the larger side, actually designed for comfort, has several buttons and a scroll wheel, adjustable dpi, etc.

Haha. I was kidding. 

I never liked it either. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

7 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

I am intrigued why you are taking this so personally, ever since I mentioned the G502 would weigh the size of a planet.

Only someone who takes this personally would say something like this and is just projecting.

It's also interesting you would try to teach me the meaning of the word revamp and being all smart and then start talking how, and I quote: "they wanted to revamp the 4xx line and make the 5xx line solely the line with the G502/G402 button layout." You do know G403 has less buttons than G402? That is not the same layout if it's missing buttons.

It seems you still need a few more days to absorb the meaning of the word "revamped"Unfortunately, I can't do a lmgtfy link so I'm just going to leave this description of the word revamped in hopes that it would refresh your memory. The first result you'll get when you enter the word revamped in google is: "Give new and improved form, structure, or appearance to."

Now, let's try and compare the statement above if it coincides with your claim of not being "revamped", although I'm a bit dubious that you'll understand it seeing as you're still adamant about it not being a revamp but I feel responsible if I let run around this forums thinking you're right and influence other members with that flawed way of thinking.

"G403 is not a revamped G402, the mice are not even close in any way. Any." -Bouzoo

"Give new and improved form, structure, or appearance to." -Revamp Description

The very definition of revamp means that you're completely changing the entire thing, ergo why I said that they're trying to revamp the 4xx line into having that kind of layout. If they revamp a device and it comes out looking like the old one with a few minor modifications then that's not "revamped", it's simply a simple modification. I'm dumbfounded that you're trying to argue against the very definition of the word. I would attribute this denial to some sort of a "Shaggy defense" wherein despite the overwhelming evidence presented, the defendant is still determined to say otherwise.

I try not to be rude to other forum members but have you even seen the mice? If you want I can take a picture of both of them if it would help. Then we have a different sensor which doesn't have mouse acceleration, completely different design. So yeah, I would argue it's not a revamp (even with the same/similar naming scheme, you don't want to complicate that), but a successor. Huge difference. Oh hey look, G703 was a revamp of G403, how is that possible if it doesn't have the same first number? Go figure. That's a revamp.

Your first sentence implies that you have the capacity to do a simple search, which is good as I would like you to research the word "revamped". So now basically your defense is that you took a word (successor) that has a correlation with the word "revamp" and claim that it should be the word instead despite both of them having essentially the same implication in this discussion wherein it calls for a completely new layout for their existing line of mouse. This desperation is honestly very disturbing and I'm not exaggerating, I'm legitimately disturbed that you would resort to this cheap word switch because you can't admit that "revamp" is correct.

Just for the record though, I too have the G502 and have used the G402 before purchasing the former. Honestly, I still find the G502 light and can hardly even tell the difference, to which I proved by having my brother change the weights while I wasn't looking and to determine what's heavier. I want you to do this little exercise, take those five weights (that's about 18g, which is 3g more than the battery) and put them in your hand, carefully lift your hand up and down at a height of about 2 inches and chant to yourself "This is how a world feels like". The longer you do it, the sillier you realize your statement was.

Oh mice are one of 2 most subjective things when if comes to PCs. But it's a fact that with 136g it would be one of the heavier (heaviest?) current mice out there. It would be up there with MMO mice which have even more buttons yada yada yada. 

I'm not talking about the G502 owners, please quote me if I have ever mentioned them. I said, and quote again: "As it is, the weight has been a deciding factor for few people even here than went with different mice instead of G502." Oh, I said few. Right. I will try and clarify that part then, if the current weight of 121g is too heavy for some people, you can bet adding 15g would make it too heavy for even more people (ain't I captain obvious?). 

Something something egos something save face. 

Again, your defense is solely based on speculation that they turned down the G502 because of the weight. What you're probably going to do now is copy paste a few links with people claiming such and completely disregard the amount of users who are more than happy with the G502's current weight. In fact, you shot yourself in the foot when you said you owned a G502 and I haven't even seen you complain, it was always "some people". At the end of the day, you can't please everybody but the ratio between the people who are fine with the weight compared to those who are unsatisfied with it is substantial.

I love your use of superlatives (heaviest) and percentage (12%, specifically) to try and make it look heavy than it actually is. Let's stick with "weighing numbers" because that's what a hand understands, the feel and weight of the object and not words like "heaviest" or "12% heavier". In the end, 15g is 15g.

Hopefully by now you've done that little exercise and concluded to yourself how the difference was laughably small.

Just to end this discussion (again, why is this a thing?), you do know G502 has received multiple commendations/awards for the best HEAVY mouse? So what happens when you add 12% more weight to the heavy category champion? That's all there is to it. 

It's on both of us on how this turned into a debate, you said something wrong and I felt obligated to correct you. This discussion just spiraled out of control because you refuse to accept the correction that I've presented. Basically what's going to happen from now on, and probably our future discussions regarding this matter is just me reminding you that you're wrong, to which I would gladly give a few minutes of my time, even if it would take days.

Don't worry, I'm doing this for myself as well since I'm killing two birds with one stone. English is my second language and I used this discussion as a way to practice it, which fortunately coincides with my love of correcting people.

And about the ego stuff, I'm saddened that you didn't take the time to internalize that since it what you got here in the first place. That's all there is to it, that was the primal reason you're still insinuating your mistake. I've dealt with people like you all the time, most of which concedes when presented with a detailed explanation because most of the time in discussions, a reasonable man/woman are in it for the essence of the discussion, the thoughts and ideas to absorb. But I guess it's a recurring theme on forums where users are generally in it to satisfy their egos rather than their minds, probably due to anonymity and their fictional post counts wherein they feel the need to be right all the time.

And lastly, I feel morally obligated to prove you wrong since it would weigh heavy on my conscience if I didn't correct someone whose in dire need. In a sense, I'm pretty much doing this for your sake and only motivated by the fact that I'll make this forum a safer environment. I even opened notifications for this forum for this very reason.

15 hours ago, Cookybiscuit said:

Maybe it is, but why do I need something that sits on my desk 24/7 to be wireless? It's 2ft away from a power source for it's entire life.

i see where you are coming from. for my desk i only use wired mice (g502). But for my laptop bringing a wired mouse can be inconvenient. I use the g602 mouse with my laptop (light gaming and productivity). i think there is a place for both types and its about picking whats important for you. 

P.S. i mostly play RTS games on my laptop with the occasional left for dead 2 game. also im a college student so my laptop goes everywhere with me, infact im in class now :P 

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

First of ll, if your text looks different (not sure how it is on white theme), it's because I have removed formatting, black theme problems and all. Secondly, kudos to you for writing a book on which I'll reply, albeit a lot shorter. Sorry in advance if I miss a reply place or two, it's just a huge wall of text. I'll also use spoilers so people don't have to scroll for eternity. 

2 hours ago, Rain7 said:

Only someone who takes this personally would say something like this and is just projecting.

Actually no, I could not take this personally even if I wanted to, because this discussion is, and we'll both agree, absurd. It's just that something in your writing gives me the personal feeling. Perhaps your love of correcting people gives the vibe. Honestly I don't get the love but who am i to judge?

It seems you still need a few more days to absorb the meaning of the word "revamped". Unfortunately, I can't do a lmgtfy link so I'm just going to leave this description of the word revamped in hopes that it would refresh your memory. The first result you'll get when you enter the word revamped in google is: "Give new and improved form, structure, or appearance to."

Now, let's try and compare the statement above if it coincides with your claim of not being "revamped", although I'm a bit dubious that you'll understand it seeing as you're still adamant about it not being a revamp but I feel responsible if I let run around this forums thinking you're right and influence other members with that flawed way of thinking.

"G403 is not a revamped G402, the mice are not even close in any way. Any." -Bouzoo

"Give new and improved form, structure, or appearance to." -Revamp Description

The very definition of revamp means that you're completely changing the entire thing, ergo why I said that they're trying to revamp the 4xx line into having that kind of layout. If they revamp a device and it comes out looking like the old one with a few minor modifications then that's not "revamped", it's simply a simple modification. I'm dumbfounded that you're trying to argue against the very definition of the word. I would attribute this denial to some sort of a "Shaggy defense" wherein despite the overwhelming evidence presented, the defendant is still determined to say otherwise.

If you want it, ok, it's a revamp. Why am I saying a successor? Basically because they have nothing in common (except they are mice). If they were the same on the inside but a different from the outside I'd say a revamp (or vice versa), but they are not. Completely different. This may also be highly subjective to the observer. Same as you, english is my 2nd language so I will let someone who is more fluent in english (1st language) tell me if I'm wrong. If I am, you were right, no problem admitting that. 

2 hours ago, Rain7 said:

Just for the record though, I too have the G502 and have used the G402 before purchasing the former. Honestly, I still find the G502 light and can hardly even tell the difference, to which I proved by having my brother change the weights while I wasn't looking and to determine what's heavier. I want you to do this little exercise, take those five weights (that's about 18g, which is 3g more than the battery) and put them in your hand, carefully lift your hand up and down at a height of about 2 inches and chant to yourself "This is how a world feels like". The longer you do it, the sillier you realize your statement was.

Subjective anecdotal evidence is not evidence. You find it light, good for you, and I mean it seriously, good for you. That's why I use a wired G403. I have also removed the weight from my G403 because I can tell the difference and it's huge. So yeah, it's not silly if I subjectively can tell the difference and it doesn't suit me. But just to be clear, you think 15g of a difference is silly? When you take it out of context yes, it does sound silly let's be honest. When it's 12% of the total mouse which I can tell, that is far from silly. To put it in perspective, my G403 currently weights 90g. 15g is 1/6 of that. There is a reason why every single gram for mice matters. 

2 hours ago, Rain7 said:

Again, your defense is solely based on speculation that they turned down the G502 because of the weight. What you're probably going to do now is copy paste a few links with people claiming such and completely disregard the amount of users who are more than happy with the G502's current weight. In fact, you shot yourself in the foot when you said you owned a G502 and I haven't even seen you complain, it was always "some people". At the end of the day, you can't please everybody but the ratio between the people who are fine with the weight compared to those who are unsatisfied with it is substantial.

I like how you like to predict what I'll do, albeit wrong. That is really easy to find.

You know, this can be played on both sides. I could say that every mouse owner out there doesn't like the G502, hence they own something else, but that would be silly as well as your statement that I'm disregarding the happy owners. I'm not, and once again, please quote me where I said that. I'm stating the weight problem for people that have experienced it. The G502 is obviously one of all times great mice (for unknown reasons to me, again, subjectively). Also I would urge you to go back and quote me where I said I owned a G502. I recently got a G402 as a gift that I have but no one uses, I never owned a G502. I tried it, and not taking the weight into account, I found the shape horrible. My thumb would stick outside so badly due to its shape I could not use even for half an hour.

So at this point this is the second time in one paragraph you have put words in my mouth. 

2 hours ago, Rain7 said:

I love your use of superlatives (heaviest) and percentage (12%, specifically) to try and make it look heavy than it actually is. Let's stick with "weighing numbers" because that's what a hand understands, the feel and weight of the object and not words like "heaviest" or "12% heavier". In the end, 15g is 15g.

Hopefully by now you've done that little exercise and concluded to yourself how the difference was laughably small.

Everything I said is completely true and you can try to prove me wrong. Would it be one of the heaviest mice? Absolutely. Would it not? Am I making it looking more heavy than it is? Not really. It is heavy as it is and (if you want), the math and facts don't lie. It is how it is. I'll go an limb and say it falls in the 5% heaviest mice on all of the mice I know that are currently on the market. 

It's on both of us on how this turned into a debate, you said something wrong and I felt obligated to correct you. This discussion just spiraled out of control because you refuse to accept the correction that I've presented. Basically what's going to happen from now on, and probably our future discussions regarding this matter is just me reminding you that you're wrong, to which I would gladly give a few minutes of my time, even if it would take days.

Don't worry, I'm doing this for myself as well since I'm killing two birds with one stone. English is my second language and I used this discussion as a way to practice it, which fortunately coincides with my love of correcting people.

And about the ego stuff, I'm saddened that you didn't take the time to internalize that since it what you got here in the first place. That's all there is to it, that was the primal reason you're still insinuating your mistake. I've dealt with people like you all the time, most of which concedes when presented with a detailed explanation because most of the time in discussions, a reasonable man/woman are in it for the essence of the discussion, the thoughts and ideas to absorb. But I guess it's a recurring theme on forums where users are generally in it to satisfy their egos rather than their minds, probably due to anonymity and their fictional post counts wherein they feel the need to be right all the time.

And lastly, I feel morally obligated to prove you wrong since it would weigh heavy on my conscience if I didn't correct someone whose in dire need. In a sense, I'm pretty much doing this for your sake and only motivated by the fact that I'll make this forum a safer environment. I even opened notifications for this forum for this very reason.

Now this is the part I was looking out for. Since you haven't been a long member here I suppose you haven't seen a lot of my posts (not that you should have), but I've been proven wrong on quite a few occasions, it's good because I can actually learn stuff from others. I've no problem admitting I was wrong for every single time, and have no problems apologizing if I said something that offended someone. 

About the ego part that you decided to go on about for multiple times, I'll just quote you to see what's what (this is good stuff):

2 hours ago, Rain7 said:

It's on both of us on how this turned into a debate, you said something wrong and I felt obligated to correct you.

English is my second language and I used this discussion as a way to practice it, which fortunately coincides with my love of correcting people.

And lastly, I feel morally obligated to prove you wrong since it would weigh heavy on my conscience if I didn't correct someone whose in dire need. In a sense, I'm pretty much doing this for your sake and only motivated by the fact that I'll make this forum a safer environment. 

Should I quote you about projecting after this? You may say I am taking this out of context but I really am not. It's hilarious if we're honest. I have never said this on the forum to way, way worse members than you that literally had god complex and had to be right every single time (man you missed a show here), but you should get off your high horse, and I have no problem saying that. 

Now about the post count, If I wanted to, I could have tens of thousand, but why? Post count is something you should never trust on a forum. Forum rules 101. But I like how you keep on making a psychological profile out of my ego and my "necessity to be right all the time". Good thing you good everything correct. Except you didn't. 

And you made me write a wall of text in the end. I said everything I had to say, over and out of me. See you around mate. 

Sorry if there are typos. 

EDIT: If I came out as a person that has huge ego or something I do apologize. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

- Thread Cleaned -

Guys lets keep the conversation civil and on topic.

Thanks.

(、ᐛ)ヘ_/ ~~♡~~ \_ヾ(ᐖ◞ )、

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I wonder how the sensor compares to my G502 (not looking for flame wares), also how it compares to the G703 and G903. I love the look of my G502, but it is a hassle with when I need to take it out quickly from a stuffed backpack at college.

2 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Guys lets keep the conversation civil and on topic.

Burn the wired mouse heretics? On it.

Kappa no ban

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

8 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

Everything

So we've settled revamped and now the only thing left is the weight thing which is again, entirely objective. I've created my sentence about the weight solely to get you to admit/understand that it is indeed a subjective matter. Now since it's objective, there's no right or wrong, hence this doesn't need to be further discussed. Seeing as there's nothing left to be discussed, I'll take my leave as well. Have a pleasant and wonderful day, friend.

10 hours ago, Jito463 said:

I just have three words for the mouse heathens, both wired and wireless.

ra,unisex_tshirt,x2950,fafafa:ca443f4786

*I never actually thought I'd find anything when I searched for that, but there it was.

Trashball Heathen Race*

Kappa no ban

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

It only weighs around 88g - 135g as opposed to G602 that weighs up to 152g, and has actual side grips instead of slippery plastic texture. Hated my G602 but this might be another chance to try wireless.

On 07/09/2017 at 5:56 AM, Cookybiscuit said:

No cable drag, no ridiculously long cables if you have a laptop (I have tying up these things and I hate it as much as I love my G402).

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Looks ok but I wont be switching from my superb MX Master.

WS: 13900K - 128GB - 6.5TB SSD - RTX 3090 24GB - 42" LG OLED C2  - W11 Pro
LAPTOP: Lenovo Gaming 3 - 8GB - 512GB SSD - GTX 1650

NAS 1: HP MicroServer Gen8 - 32TB - FreeNAS

NAS 2: 10400F - 44TB - FreeNAS

8 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

Them thar's fightin' words!

It's fine, we all know you'll lose with that shitty trackball :S 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.