Linus becoming an AMD Fanboy?

Red Green Blue

RED GREEN BLUE

Hello everybody, i'm new to the forums so please don't stab me.

I have recently spotted something, when Intel announced their Core i9 Linus was pretty silent about it, he made very few videos about it and most are literally mocking Intel for no reason,

A week or two passed after the release and then he's just silent about Intel but is STILL uploading videos about Ryzen and is trying to create lots of hype around Epyc and Threadripper.

Now he has just pushed Intel and Nvidia to the side and only really talking about AMD. He even started click-baiting again.

I really don't want Linus to become some corporate douche who only focuses on AMD and doesn't think about any other company, i even once had a thought that AMD is beginning to pay Linus cash so he advertises them.

What are your thoughts about it?

Go home OP you're drunk.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Or he's just opinionated and typically doesn't veer towards a company in one direction to another. You thoughts are honestly kinda stupid. They would have to disclose it if AMD actually paid them.

It's called following the money! 

My daily driver: The Wrath of Red: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen TR4 1950x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA621P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASRock x399 Taichi / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / Samsung 512GB 970 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor x3

My technology Rig: The wizard: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen R7 1800x 3.95MHz / Corsair H110i / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASUS CH 6 / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / 512GB 960 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor HP Monitor

My I don't use RigOS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen 1600x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / Samsung PM961 256GB M.2 PCIe Internal SSDEVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor

My NAS: The storage miser: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / CPU Intel i7 6700 / Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 Watt 80 Plus / ASUS Maximus viii Hero / 32GB Gskill RipJaw DDR4 3200Mhz / HP Mellanox ConnectX-2 10 GbE PCI-e G2 Dual SFP+ Ported Ethernet HCA NIC / 9 Drives total 29TB - 1 4TB seagate parity - 7 4TB WD Red data - 1 1TB laptop drive data - and 2 240GB Sandisk SSD's cache / Headless

Why did I buy this server: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / Dell R710 enterprise server with dual xeon E5530 / 48GB ecc ddr3 / Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT / 4 450GB sas drives / headless

Just another server: OS Proxmox VE / Dell poweredge R410

14 minutes ago, Red Green Blue said:

RED GREEN BLUE

Hello everybody, i'm new to the forums so please don't stab me.

I have recently spotted something, when Intel announced their Core i9 Linus was pretty silent about it, he made very few videos about it and most are literally mocking Intel for no reason,

A week or two passed after the release and then he's just silent about Intel but is STILL uploading videos about Ryzen and is trying to create lots of hype around Epyc and Threadripper.

Now he has just pushed Intel and Nvidia to the side and only really talking about AMD. He even started click-baiting again.

I really don't want Linus to become some corporate douche who only focuses on AMD and doesn't think about any other company, i even once had a thought that AMD is beginning to pay Linus cash so he advertises them.

What are your thoughts about it?

My thoughts are:

Fixed OP post for night theme

He's ranted already about how stupid Intel's lineup and pricing is

How AMD is actually making intel wake the f*** up and actually try

He's not a fanboy of a company (other than Noctua) He's a fanboy of healthy business competition.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Kind of hilarious, given how many times he's been accused of being either an Intel or NVIDIA shill.

Linus isn't becoming an AMD fanboy. It's actually refreshing to hear him talk about AMD in a positive manner.

And frankly, Intel's i9 platform is a complete flusterfuck of "I don't know what I'm doing".

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

You must be new: You probably don't realize he was once blacklisted by AMD for telling his audience one of their low end cards was a piece of fucking shit nobody should buy (paraphrasing but the video was pretty aggressive towards them nevertheless).

You must also not remember that this is not new and that AMD has selected Linus before for exclusives as in the launch of Polaris. Then he went on about his business of mostly ignoring AMD products because well, they had no products to speak of for months: imagine that. I know that this looks like a very cozy relationship with AMD but he's just one video away from shitting on Vega for example from going back in the black list.

Final point: Did you know that despite being extremely exited about threadripper Linus has publicly declared that he will not be updating any of his editing workstations because of stability concerns? How come if he's on AMD's secret payroll now!?

-------

Current Rig

-------

So.. In the 3 week span where AMD is having a lot of significant news and product releases and LTT is covering these things... You're only conclusion is that it must be part of some kind of pro-AMD conspiracy...

So, just to be clear here 'AMD doing a bunch of stuff, resulting in a bunch of AMD stuff to cover at ATT' at no point was your FIRST guess here?  It had to be 'i even once had a thought that AMD is beginning to pay Linus cash so he advertises them'?

29 minutes ago, Red Green Blue said:

i even once had a thought that AMD is beginning to pay Linus cash so he advertises them.

Cross out Vessel and replace it with FPC. 

I time stamped the part where they answer questions about sponsorships and transparency.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Linus is a tech geek at heart and what AMD is doing is pretty impressive given the sheer value of the products they are releasing.  Ryzen provides a lot of stuff Linus has been complaining for a very long time about how limited the "features" an intel CPU has at all but the highest priced units.

The i9 is pretty indicative of all of the pet peeves Linus, and the tech community, has had about intel for years.  That they can release a nice powerful product, but they don't because they have a monopoly on the market. 

1. He's been critical of Vega (and rightfully so), so he's definitely not a fanboy.

2. Having competition after not having it for many years is exciting, so of course he's gonna speak about it.

3. Who doesn't want to root for the underdog? xD

4. He's usually always called an intel shill, so...

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

RED GREEN BLUE

Woah! I didn't expect so much community members replying to this thread, this is an active community.

Thank you for your opinions and answers!

So Linus doesn't like Core i9 because of the price to performance?

15 minutes ago, Red Green Blue said:

RED GREEN BLUE

Woah! I didn't expect so much community members replying to this thread, this is an active community.

That's part of it. But if you watched his i9 rant, it's pretty clear.

That platform doesn't know what it wants to be. It's trying to combine 2 or even 3 very different segments together. You're getting CPU's that are no better than your standard Consumer Desktop i7 platform (no additional PCIe lanes, etc), and trying to cram it into a HEDT (High end desktop) platform.

You're getting motherboards that literally you can't use all the slots on the board if you buy the wrong CPU.

You're getting motherboards where if you use an M.2 slot, you might not be able to use some of your PCIe slots, etc.

It's just a total mess. Not well thought out, and quite confusing for consumers.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

38 minutes ago, Red Green Blue said:

RED GREEN BLUE

It's not just Linus, other YouTube reviewers have also said the same thing, Jays2Cents, Pauls hardware and BItwit have all voiced negative opinions about intel

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

40 minutes ago, Red Green Blue said:

RED GREEN BLUE

I personally incorporate all 3 teams in my rig: AMD processor, Nvidia GPU and intel SSD

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

It's just a total mess. Not well thought out, and quite confusing for consumers.

According to a forum member who I shall not mention, he says that's how intel will make money from x299. All the confusion is a good thing for consumers

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

It's cyclical.. 

Some company releases a good/exciting/interesting product, and I say it's good/exciting/interesting, then I get labeled a fanboy of aforementioned company.

That company's competitor does the same, and I do the same thing.. then I'm "switching sides".

How about this? I'M NOT A FAN OF ANYTHING SO THERE IS NO SIDE-SWITCHING FOR ME TO DO!

I'm not on "a side" and anyone who thinks I am needs to take a LONG, HARD look in the mirror and figure out why they see the world in terms of "which side someone is on".. because if you think of things that way you're probably a fanboy. And that's sad.

34 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

It's cyclical.. 

Some company releases a good/exciting/interesting product, and I say it's good/exciting/interesting, then I get labeled a fanboy of aforementioned company.

That company's competitor does the same, and I do the same thing.. then I'm "switching sides".

How about this? I'M NOT A FAN OF ANYTHING SO THERE IS NO SIDE-SWITCHING FOR ME TO DO!

I'm not on "a side" and anyone who thinks I am needs to take a LONG, HARD look in the mirror and figure out why they see the world in terms of "which side someone is on".. because if you think of things that way you're probably a fanboy. And that's sad.

Well said Linus

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

3 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I think Intel's thought process was pretty much "omg threadripper, lets release something expensive!"

42 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

How about this? I'M NOT A FAN OF ANYTHING 

Not even twizzlers?

Damn and here i thought you were good people. 

Linus is first and foremost a business owner, regardless of his personal opinions he has to do what makes the most sense for his company and in the tech world being a fanboy of any specific company is a fast way to kill your business.

-KuJoe

3 hours ago, Thunderpup said:

I think Intel's thought process was pretty much "omg threadripper, lets release something expensive!"

Not even twizzlers?

Damn and here i thought you were good people. 

It's the savage beef jerky now man

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Unfortunately those who label Linus as a fanboy of one product over another dont pay attention to what Linus says. That or they don't go back and watch previous videos and pay attention. None of Linus' reviews that I have watched (pretty much all of them) have I noticed Linus biased towards a product he is reviewing, in fact it is the exact opposite he rips into a product and give it straight and to the point regardless if it is a paid review or not. I can remember when Linus mentioned once that he was a AMD fan boy a long time ago but that was long before LMG and LTT.

tl/dl: Linus is not a fanboy, he will advocate for a brand and a product that steps up or rip them a new one when they fail. 

People dont pay attention.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER