AMD RX Vega x2 Allegedly In The Works By Asus, To Be Liquid Cooled

Mr_Troll
1 minute ago, RagnarokDel said:

Hitman, Ashes, The Division possibly more

I thought i'd look into this and googled the following:

"Hitman DX12 multi gpu"

This is from 1 of the top results (reddit)

I have 2x GTX 980 Ti's, playing at 4K res (3840x2160). I get on overage 25 fps when playing with Dx11...

When I try enabling Dx12 and using MultiGPU, I get... 0 fps...

...because the game bloody well crashes every single time.

Wow such scaling. DX12 looks mint. Single card > multi card garbage.

10 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

hopefully not aio cooled and comes with a proper water block like the ares 3 

I already said that :P

31 minutes ago, dexT said:

It'll be like the Aries III and have a full-cover block and need a loop hopefully. No AIO ish.

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

They don't hate it for existing, but they hate doing extra work.  Which makes me wonder why they develop in the first place.

Because if history is anything to go by its an absolute bitch to get right and costs more than its worth (large amount of time that could be better spent elsewhere and small player base using multi gpu)

1 minute ago, dexT said:

I already said that :P

good :D why would anyone buying a £1200 card want to use an awful aio :P 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

6 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

I think I was in one of those threads and I never denied a 2x card just that 2x cards are crap for gaming and will always be crap until the system sees it as 1 card, aka Navi. Therefore I think I and others said the multi gpu seamlessly linked concept won't happen with vega and it didn't. They have been bunging 2 on a card for years and its useless unless you need the compute power, for gaming it just sucks.

When I was running my 7990 for gaming, the only game I had issues with was Fallout 4 and one of the batman games.

ASUS please make the ARES IV a thing. It HAS to be this. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

3 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

When I was running my 7990 for gaming, the only game I had issues with was Fallout 4 and one of the batman games.

Same sort of thing when I ran 2 7750's in Crossfire, and later a 7750 and a 7770, no issues in any games, they worked well or only one card was used. And users of both dual GPU cards and dual gfx cards often said that the dual GPU card worked better.

I see an x2 VEGA being worthwhile in triple A games, they tend to support SLI/crossfire well enough

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Oooh, a new ARES card? Sweet! Then again, isn't Xfire/SLI pretty much dead?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

7 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

good :D why would anyone buying a £1200 card want to use an awful aio :P 

Crack cocaine.

2 minutes ago, Notional said:

Oooh, a new ARES card? Sweet! Then again, isn't Xfire/SLI pretty much dead?

Not any more so that it was 2 years ago.

3 and 4 way are, but not 2 way.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Guys i know what linus has to do:

Create a system with:

2 of this monster in quad crossfire

An 7980xe

Overclock the hell out of these

I want to see a 2kw power supply burn

17 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Odds are better that you want something powerful, out of the box. With what's been seen with Frontier, I can't see many people that would want this card, wanting to overclock it out of fear that it'll draw 800W+ by itself.

I disagree. If you're spending that much on a card, you're an enthusiast. Overclocking is likely exactly what you're after.

Frontier is more of a media production card, so stability is more of a concern.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, dizmo said:

I disagree. If you're spending that much on a card, you're an enthusiast. Overclocking is likely exactly what you're after.

Frontier is more of a media production card, so stability is more of a concern.

By that logic, anyone with a Mac is a tech enthusiast.

Someone looking at this is wanting a powerful card that requires little work. Some enthusiasts will want it to overclock it, but not that many.

And while some of us know what Frontier is, and it's shortcomings, many people, some who should know better, think that Frontier is 100% indicative of what RX Vega will be.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Does this embarrassment of engineering come bundled with a fire extinguisher? Because you'll need it.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

17 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

By that logic, anyone with a Mac is a tech enthusiast.

Someone looking at this is wanting a powerful card that requires little work. Some enthusiasts will want it to overclock it, but not that many.

And while some of us know what Frontier is, and it's shortcomings, many people, some who should know better, think that Frontier is 100% indicative of what RX Vega will be.

Except they're buying a complete system, not a single expensive component and building it themselves. There's a difference there, whether you want to admit it or not.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

43 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

I thought i'd look into this and googled the following:

"Hitman DX12 multi gpu"

This is from 1 of the top results (reddit)

Wow such scaling. DX12 looks mint. Single card > multi card garbage.

Found the problem.

Had you bothered to look at other sources you would see that it was a driver problem on nVidia's side of the table.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/236870/discussions/0/154642901282338818/

after today patch (13/12//16) took advice adice, with thanks to try 375.70 and Game works spot on. 376.19 still a crock of S***,

NVidia letting side down lately shame not more competion other than AMD.

2 hours ago, manikyath said:

there's a lot of things that dont have a point. and on the topic of killing power supplies.. thats why you buy high quality ones of the appropriate wattage.

as for other things that didnt really "have a point":

Reveal hidden contents

acer-predator-21-x-01.jpg

600.png

colorful-gtx680-crazy-vga-cooler-03.jpg

Colorful-680-1.jpg

sometimes its not about something "having a point" but about "making a point". sometimes a brand wants to prove their superiority in the market and do something.. show their technological skill being able to do something no other brand has done before them, like putting 1000 horsepower in a production car:

BUG_super_sport_02.jpg

what's the point of a veyron? nothing. what's the point they made with a veyron? that they were the first to shove 1000bhp into a road legal production car.

The Veyron and its successor actually have a point-to be the fastest production cars in the world and to stay the fastest.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

I think it has more to do with the fact that the industry isn't filled with clones of John Carmack.  Just lazy people who thought it would be easy because they play games.

1. Game development is one of the most labour-intensive jobs there is, read any of a thousand stories from people in the industry and you will find out all about the crazy hours and burnout related problems it's plagued by.

2. The industry, like every industry, wants to make money. Multi gpu support means dedicating resources that can't go anywhere else. With the very low (and decreasing) amount of people that have more than 1 GPU that means dedicating labour to something only very few people will get to benefit from. As a result the industry deems it wasteful and will instead focus on something the majority of their players actually benefits from.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

1 hour ago, tom_w141 said:

How many games include this feature? I can't think of any.

Civ6 supports DX12 muti-gpu and I play that a lot. Devs hate SLI/Crossfire but DX12 multi-gpu will end up being a lot easier when it's a native feature of UE4 etc and just works.

SLI/Crossfire is hated since it's so intertwined with the GPU drivers and a pain in the ass to optimize for and requires driver debugging skills, not to mention not all game devs are actually good at following set standards and can do things in a shitty hack way which then needs fixing in drivers by Nvidia/AMD. There shouldn't actually need to be game launch drivers if standards were followed, but hey it keeps driver devs employed so w/e.

5 minutes ago, Centurius said:

2. The industry, like every industry, wants to make money. Multi gpu support means dedicating resources that can't go anywhere else. With the very low (and decreasing) amount of people that have more than 1 GPU that means dedicating labour to something only very few people will get to benefit from. As a result the industry deems it wasteful and will instead focus on something the majority of their players actually benefits from.

That is a pretty poor reason not to do it though, literally a self fulling prophecy. If no body does it the tools and knowledge to do it won't get better and the skills for it might even get lost, then if you are using that as a reason not to do it the situation can then only get worse.

There should be no reason for game breaking issues when using SLi/Crossfire like completely missing textures and screen flashing etc. In standard SLI/Crossfire both cards have the same memory and are doing alternate frame rendering, the GPUs are mirror images of each other so unless you have done something rather poorly things should not break.

If supporting multi-gpu means forcing people to follow proper standards and release on a technical level a higher quality product then good, polishing turds only gets shit on your hands ;).

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

That is a pretty poor reason not to do it though, literally a self fulling prophecy. If no body does it the tools and knowledge to do it won't get better and the skills for it might even get lost, then if you are using that as a reason not to do it the situation can then only get worse.

There should be no reason for game breaking issues when using SLi/Crossfire like completely missing textures and screen flashing etc. In standard SLI/Crossfire both cards have the same memory and are doing alternate frame rendering, the GPUs are mirror images of each other so unless you have done something rather poorly things should not break.

If supporting multi-gpu means forcing people to follow proper standards and release on a technical level a higher quality product then good, polishing turds only gets shit on your hands ;).

No, it's a perfectly solid reason not do it. People are going to be buying those games anyway, For the companies it just means fewer expenses with the same revenue. Their job isn't to push technologies. They're not going to intentionally break multi GPU scenarios but they are also definitely not going to go out of their way to fix issues that don't appear in single gpu scenarios.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

1 minute ago, goodtofufriday said:

I will buy it. 100% am. 

I'll only buy it if it has support for a custom loop and the board itself won't get power limited or I'll just buy two cards and EK full covers.

19 minutes ago, leadeater said:

I'll only buy it if it has support for a custom loop and the board itself won't get power limited or I'll just buy two cards and EK full covers.

Fair point. I'm sure EK will release a block though. That or maybe Asus can do as they've done with some TI cards and have them be able to use regular fittings. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX