AMD RX Vega x2 Allegedly In The Works By Asus, To Be Liquid Cooled

Mr_Troll

AMD RX Vega x2 Allegedly In The Works By Asus, To Be Liquid Cooled

A liquid cooled dual GPU Radeon RX Vega graphics card is allegedly in development by Asus and should grace store shelves later this year. We’ve heard whispers that design work is underway at Asus to put two of AMD’s upcoming high-end Vega 10 on a single board.A couple of weeks ago we heard that AMD has given its AIB partners the greenlight to take whatever freedoms they wish to design custom graphics cards based on the company’s brand new Vega 10 GPUs, including Vega 10 XT (64 compute chip) and Vega 10 XL (56 compute unit chip).

If what we’re hearing is true, Asus will take those design liberties offered by AMD to the absolute max to make an absolute monster of a card featuring two full Vega 10 XT GPUs. With over 50 teraflops of FP16 compute, 25 teraflops of FP32 compute and nearing on 600W this card is set to be the world’s most powerful and most power hungry. At this juncture liquid cooling is no longer a luxury but an absolute necessity.

51nzJhukTqL.jpg

Asus will allegedly only make a limited number of these cards and will charge a pretty penny for each one.  The card itself will be a statement by Asus’ as a means of displaying what they’re capable of rather than a commercial product that they expect to sell en mass. In many ways then this card reminds us of the ARES II.  Which was a dual HD 7970 graphics card that was the fastest in the world when it came out and the first ever to use liquid cooling.

why? whats the point? it will probably kill any power supply. 

Source:http://wccftech.com/amd-vega-64-x2/

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

Could this be the Vega GPU that a recent rumour said would cost more than a GTX 1080 Ti?

AMD has a pretty consistent track record for making a dual GPU variant for each of their architectures.

On 26/07/2017 at 9:13 AM, Masada02 said:

Technically, from start to finish: 3870x2, 4870x2, 6990, 7990, (8990 if you count OEMs), 295x2, Pro Duo (Fiji chips), Pro Duo (Polaris chips). 

I bet that a lot of 4K gamers will want this. It's also great marketing for AMD, because with this they'll have the most powerful consumer graphics card on the market.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

>will kill almost any power supply

I'd love to see this thing suck a 1KW PSU dry. I'd just love it so

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

4 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Well what type of psu are you going to need for this behemoth lol.

1000 watt just to be safe with Ryzen/1151. 1200 watt with Skylake X/Threadripper. 1600 watt PSU with delidded and fully overclocked Skylake X.

7 minutes ago, Mr_Troll said:

there's a lot of things that dont have a point. and on the topic of killing power supplies.. thats why you buy high quality ones of the appropriate wattage.

as for other things that didnt really "have a point":

Spoiler

acer-predator-21-x-01.jpg

600.png

colorful-gtx680-crazy-vga-cooler-03.jpg

Colorful-680-1.jpg

sometimes its not about something "having a point" but about "making a point". sometimes a brand wants to prove their superiority in the market and do something.. show their technological skill being able to do something no other brand has done before them, like putting 1000 horsepower in a production car:

BUG_super_sport_02.jpg

what's the point of a veyron? nothing. what's the point they made with a veyron? that they were the first to shove 1000bhp into a road legal production car.

I won't be suprised if it required like 4 or 5 8-pin connectors.

Actually, no, 2 8-pins might be enough if the Vega Nano will be a thing.

It's actually not that crazy if a Nano will exist O_o

The PCB design would actually be not THAT hard to do because you don't need to worry about a bunch of GDDR5 modules.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

only 600W? What is this pleb shit? :D 

TBH I don't really give a single fuck if my system draws 500W, 1000W or 2000W as long as it does what I need it to do and I don't see why people are making such a big fuss about it. Ofc if the cooling is bad I can understand the fuss, but this is water cooled so it is probably okay.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

27 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Could this be the Vega GPU that a recent rumour said would cost more than a GTX 1080 Ti?

AMD has a pretty consistent track record for making a dual GPU variant for each of their architectures.

I bet that a lot of 4K gamers will want this. It's also great marketing for AMD, because with this they'll have the most powerful consumer GPU on the market.

definatly a possibility, but i would guess ASUS are not the only ones working on a dual GPU card, just the only ones to be loud about it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Way to many people still have 1000watt psu I wouldn't worry lol even 850 watts

So, that's, what, 600-800 watts? Sounds like fun.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

if it's 2, it doesnt have to clock at 1600 mhz to crush a 1080TI in games that will support it. Even at 1100 Mhz it would beat it fair and square and if Vega is anything like Polaris, it gets insanely efficient when you lower the clocks a bit.

RX 480 4gb at 1303Mhz core/1750Mhz vram 132W

RX 480 4gb at 1000Mhz core/1750Mhz vram 78W

Rx 480 4gb at 900Mhz core/1750Mhz vram 70W

PS: That's without undervolting the GPU, so 1150mV. (altho at 900Mhz it does run at a much lower voltage automatically)

19 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

*checks out the card*

*glances at 650WT PSU*

Uh...no.  Even though I could almost certainly safely push 750WT through this PSU, I wouldn't risk it on this behemoth.  It's cool, though.

You can get a EVGA 80+ Gold semi-modular (only PSU cable isnt modular) 1050W PSU for USD $100 when on sales which is not that rare. 

Hmmm, so we're looking at what'll likely be a 550w TDP card. Hopefully it's powerful and games can leverage the dual GPU properly. I'd be tempted to use this, but since it's Asus I'm betting it'll be black and red, a color scheme I despise.

If they make it pure black, it's not disgustingly expensive (I foresee $1,599 unfortunately), I'd consider it.

34 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

only 600W? What is this pleb shit? :D 

TBH I don't really give a single fuck if my system draws 500W, 1000W or 2000W as long as it does what I need it to do and I don't see why people are making such a big fuss about it. Ofc if the cooling is bad I can understand the fuss, but this is water cooled so it is probably okay.

People that live in areas with high energy usage, that are on a tight budget. Which, granted this card isn't marketed to, but you'll hear their opinions anyway.

22 minutes ago, rawrdaysgoby said:

Way to many people still have 1000watt psu I wouldn't worry lol even 850 watts

850w would be really, really pushing it.

6 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

if it's 2, it doesnt have to clock at 1600 mhz to crush a 1080TI in games that will support it. Even at 1100 Mhz it would beat it fair and square and if Vega is anything like Polaris, it gets insanely efficient when you lower the clocks a bit.

-snip-

Let's be real though, if you're buying this card chances are you want to overclock the hell out of it to squeeze out every last drop of performance you can.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Let's be real though, if you're buying this card chances are you want to overclock the hell out of it to squeeze out every last drop of performance you can.

Odds are better that you want something powerful, out of the box. With what's been seen with Frontier, I can't see many people that would want this card, wanting to overclock it out of fear that it'll draw 800W+ by itself.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

It'll be like the Aries III and have a full-cover block and need a loop hopefully. No AIO ish.

13 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

games that will support it.

Exactly.

People getting excited about this never seem to remember that crossfire/SLI are shit and are being phased out by both parties. In a workload where scaling is 100% this will be a beast. Gaming? Nope because crossfire support is garbage. Games are moving AWAY from it.

41 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Called it.

So did everyone but until the gpus are linked by IF and recognised by the system as 1 card then its a hungry pile of shit (for gaming). Multi die linked by IF is exciting and why Navi will be interesting. This card and vega on the whole is meh.

Vega is good if you fall into the following categories:

- You want 1070+ performance for cheaper than a 1070 (current prices). Awesome then Vega 56 is for you.

- You want ~1080 performance but you have a freesync monitor already. Awesome then Vega 64 is for you.

- You want 1070-1080 performance and also a system build/upgrade. Awesome then the Radeon Packs are for you.

BUT:

If you want the best gaming experience possible you still need a 1080Ti or TitanXp because this dual vega card won't be widely supported in games and therefore = crap.

11 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Exactly.

People getting excited about this never seem to remember that crossfire/SLI are shit and are being phased out by both parties. In a workload where scaling is 100% this will be a beast. Gaming? Nope because crossfire support is garbage. Games are moving AWAY from it.

Multi-GPU with Dx12. They're moving away from it because you wont need it anymore.

hopefully not aio cooled and comes with a proper water block like the ares 3 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

3 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

Multi-GPU with Dx12. They're moving away from it because you wont need it anymore.

How many games include this feature? I can't think of any.

I predict its too much effort and devs won't touch it. Generational leaps on single cards are more than good enough to suit our current needs. 1080p is still mainstream and we have 4k capable cards already.

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

No, I was the first one to say "AMD is probably putting 2 on one PCB"  and also said, "AMD is doing the fusion dance again".  Some people agreed while others claimed not yet, and not until the next arc.  You can see said posts in that thread about the TDP or whatever.

I think I was in one of those threads and I never denied a 2x card just that 2x cards are crap for gaming and will always be crap until the system sees it as 1 card, aka Navi. Therefore I think I and others said the multi gpu seamlessly linked concept won't happen with vega and it didn't. They have been bunging 2 on a card for years and its useless unless you need the compute power, for gaming it just sucks.

4 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

How many games include this feature? I can't think of any.

I predict its too much effort and devs won't touch it. Generational leaps on single cards are more than good enough to suit our current needs. 1080p is still mainstream and we have 4k capable cards already.

Hitman, Ashes, The Division and Deus Ex:Mankind Divided possibly more

Costs 4 grand.. comes with free 1600 watt PSU.

MAD-BOX Ryzen 1600X - ASRock X370 Killer SLI - Sapphire R9 Fury NITRO+  -Fried it... RIP

Xeon e5640 4.35ghz, CoolerMaster Seidon 240V, ASUS P6X58D-E, DDR3 8GB 1636mhz CL9, Sapphire Fury Nitro OC+, 2x Stone age storage @ 7200RPM, Crucial 960GB SSD, NZXT S340, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution, Steelseries RIVAL, Mechanical Metal keyboard, Boogie Bug Aimb mouse pad.