rumor has it RX Vega XT(X) will actually be called Vega 64

zMeul

source: https://elchapuzasinformatico.com/2017/07/exclusiva-precio-amd-radeon-rx-vega/

translated:

We already have the prices of  AMD Radeon RX Vega for the European market , a price that has been much more difficult to remove compared to when we filter the prices of AMD Ryzen processors.

First of all, we know that we will have at least three models for sale , which we know as:

SAPPHIRE RADEON RX VEGA 64 8G HBM2 HDMI + TRIPLE DP, LIQUID COOLING 2048-bits - Water Cooler

SAPPHIRE RADEON RX VEGA 64 8G HBM2 HDMI + TRIPLE DP LIMITED EDITION 2048-bit - 2 slot active

SAPPHIRE RADEON RX VEGA 64 8G HBM2 HDMI + TRIPLE DP 2048-bit - 2 slot active

As the name implies, we will have a version passed by water , a version cooled by air but in the form of "Limited Edition" that could imply reference overclocking (we do not know if it is with the reference heatsink or Sapphire custom), and Then a third model also cooled by air which we assume will arrive with the reference frequencies.

the estimated price for the air cooled version is 700$+VAT and the liquid cooled one would be priced at 900$+VAT - so, expect the actual shop prices to be quite higher

---

in other bit of news seems there will be a 3rd Vega, the XL variant, called Vega 56 - this would be a cut down version of the XT chip; this version would only be available from AIB partners with custom board designs

If this price is real then I can't see Vega succeeding at all. A GTX 1080 that it is apparently on-par with at best is over $100 cheaper. 

Either this price is wrong, or AMD has fucked up these prices big time. 

CPU: i7 4790k, RAM: 16GB DDR3, GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

10 minutes ago, tim0901 said:

If this price is real then I can't see Vega succeeding at all. A GTX 1080 that it is apparently on-par with at best is over $100 cheaper. 

Either this price is wrong, or AMD has fucked up these prices big time. 

HBM2 is the large problem with the pricing-it greatly adds to the expense of a GPU.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

If this price is real it'll be a still birth. 1080s are already sub 455$ range that can be found easily...What the fuck is AMD thinking?

35 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

If this price is real it'll be a still birth. 1080s are already sub 455$ range that can be found easily...What the fuck is AMD thinking?

What if the jokes on us, and Vega mines alt-coins really well?

6 minutes ago, elkenrod said:

At 300W though? They better hope it does because who else is buying at those prices?

I like the Vega 64 name a lot more than the Vega XT label coz it gives me Nintendo 64 flashbacks and will give my PC mojo when I put Vega 64 in it.

Also, I don't really buy the pricing rumour, but we'll see.

The price rumour is specific to Sweden, is it not? Well, it is mostly on par with prices for GTX 1080's in Sweden:

Posted on [H]Forum

I averaged up the price of all the 1080's on Komplett.se, which is 6692.65.65kr, which means 7000kr is 4.59% higher than the average 1080.

Prices averaged from here: https://www.komplett.se/kampanj/11245/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-gtx-1070-och-gtx-1080?tag=gtx1080

So, I sort of expect it will cost equivalent to a GTX 1080 in North America, too.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

2 hours ago, Fonzie92 said:

Unless it's faster... time will tell.

Not much info right now.

All we have is some pre-release 3d mark scores, not real games.

I can find several 1080s for around ~$450 USD lmao what is this

RX VEGA is going to be a failure if this is true; you can't perform less than a 1080, let the 1080 rule supreme for over a year, and price above a 1080

"If you ain't first, you're last"

I think theres too many thoughts on the topic I expect vega to do what the rx 400s did GREAT bang for the buck but not soo much that is upsets the current 580 price schemes 

2 hours ago, elkenrod said:

Mining with HBM and GDDR5X is not worth it, so I can't see that GPU being used for mining and making some huge profit.

it's also power hungry ...

So it uses more power than GTX 1080, performs worse than GTX 1080, and acctually costs more than GTX 1080.

Lets buy 2 of them. (said noone)

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

2 hours ago, elkenrod said:

I had heard it actually will be really bad for that

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

39 minutes ago, Humbug said:

Unless it's faster... time will tell.

Not much info right now.

All we have is some pre-release 3d mark scores, not real games.

No way on God's green earth it'll be faster. Benchmarks already show it barely competes with a 1080.

4 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

I like the Vega 64 name a lot more than the Vega XT label coz it gives me Nintendo 64 flashbacks and will give my PC mojo when a put Vega 64 in it.

Also, I don't really buy the pricing rumour, but we'll see.

The price rumour is specific to Sweden, is it not? Well, it is mostly on par with prices for GTX 1080's in Sweden:

Prices averaged from here: https://www.komplett.se/kampanj/11245/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-gtx-1070-och-gtx-1080?tag=gtx1080

So, I sort of expect it will cost equivalent to a GTX 1080 in North America, too.

you forgot to add VAT to the Vega - those prices you see there in Sweden include VAT

It will be less because of tax so it should be closer to 600 for air and 750-800 for water

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

2 hours ago, Ohsnaps said:

I think theres too many thoughts on the topic I expect vega to do what the rx 400s did GREAT bang for the buck but not soo much that is upsets the current 580 price schemes 

Great bang for buck when it performs the same as a 1080 and costs more?

2 hours ago, Memories4K said:

I can find several 1080s for around ~$450 USD lmao what is this

RX VEGA is going to be a failure if this is true; you can't perform less than a 1080, let the 1080 rule supreme for over a year, and price above a 1080

You can't compare prices like that... that's somewhat inappropriate. In France, I can't find one below the 600 € threshold for instance. 

2 hours ago, Fonzie92 said:

No way on God's green earth it'll be faster. Benchmarks already show it barely competes with a 1080.

Leaked benchmarks aren't necessarily true. They're only true when you believe they are.

Actual reviews will be true.

32 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Great bang for buck when it performs the same as a 1080 and costs more?

Ohsnaps thinks that either the price rumor or the performance leaks are wrong. VEGA will either be cheaper, or perform significantly better. We all can (hopefully) guess which one they're leaning heavily towards.

Hint: It ain't VEGA performing significantly better.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

13 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

Leaked benchmarks aren't necessarily true. They're only true when you believe they are.

Actual reviews will be true.

LOL. We'll see in a couple days. I forbid you and anyone to pre-order or buy it though.

6 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

LOL. We'll see in a couple days. I forbid you and anyone to pre-order or buy it though.

don't worry, according to the rumormill RX Vega will be available ~1 month after the announcement

33 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

We do whatever we want you know. I know how to buy a gpu correctly thank you.