AMD's Wraith Max cooler now available as a separate cooler for $59

58 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Intel wasn't exactly helping themselves when they were selling this pile of rubbish for 40 bucks. 35-203-021CVF-01.jpg

And that was for LGA 2011, i.e. their enthusiast platform.

That thing isn't worth the change you get back as scrap metal. 

I still stand by that AMD's cooler should have been $40 max factoring in it's not really better than a cheap 212 and RGB tax.

11 hours ago, Mooshi said:

That thing isn't worth the change you get back as scrap metal. 

I still stand by that AMD's cooler should have been $40 max factoring in it's not really better than a cheap 212 and RGB tax.

i wouldn't even spend a cent more than $30 for the wraith max. if it's gonna cost anything more you might as well get a cheapo m9i and smoke the money on a cheap rgb kit instead. you get the same performance and much more bling with the rgb strips.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 hour ago, herman mcpootis said:

i wouldn't even spend a cent more than $30 for the wraith max. if it's gonna cost anything you might as well get a cheapo m9i and smoke the money on a cheap rgb kit instead. you get the same performance and much more bling with the rgb strips.

For the same price point you get this.

img23.jpg

Just now, Mooshi said:

https://proclockers.com/sites/default/files/Cryorig C1 01.jpg

all i see is 404 :P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, herman mcpootis said:

all i see is 404 :P

Mobile being weird lol, I found another image. Cryorig C1 is only slightly more than what AMD wants for a stock cooler lol

12 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

What I want to do is mount this on an Intel board. I'm sure it can be done. :3

zip ties??? that fixes everything, if not I'm sure you could make a proper mounting bracket for it with little effort which would need to be made for you, unless you have POWER tools then you could make it yourself, so it'll be possible but it won't be practical

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

Cooler master probably had a poke in the pricing, seeing as it might have impacted Hyper 212 sales if it was lower. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

They have to price it high or the oem cooler manufacturers will be very unhappy.

8 hours ago, Icywolfe said:

They have to price it high or the oem cooler manufacturers will be very unhappy.

They can be as unhappy as they want: Most of them have released jack shit for AM4 so far, at best a handful are just now starting to ship with AM4 brackets almost 6 months after release.

In fact I think this might be an important reason why AMD is stepping up: you shouldn't have to limit yourself to only a handful of choices for air and even if performance is similar, the Wraith coolers look better imho than an Evo. I know it's kind of petty but we are talking about a discrete RGB cooler here: not as easy to find as you might imagine since the RGB coolers tend to be, well:

RGB

-------

Current Rig

-------

44 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

They can be as unhappy as they want: Most of them have released jack shit for AM4 so far, at best a handful are just now starting to ship with AM4 brackets almost 6 months after release.

In fact I think this might be an important reason why AMD is stepping up: you shouldn't have to limit yourself to only a handful of choices for air and even if performance is similar, the Wraith coolers look better imho than an Evo. I know it's kind of petty but we are talking about a discrete RGB cooler here: not as easy to find as you might imagine since the RGB coolers tend to be, well:

RGB

AMD has to keep their partners. I'm sure they could price the wraith coolers at like 20 bucks or even 10 bucks, but one major partner they have is Cooler Master which they use for their Vega and Fury watercooled cards. And CM sells a cooler at about 20 USD and it performs similar.

Also I think the original wraith was designed by CM also (the fan) 

14 hours ago, Mooshi said:

<cryorig C1.jpg>

Wraith max should perform similarly, looks cleaner (in my opinion, and this is coming from a big fan of cryorig coolers), and has the RGB tax.  The cryorig is probably quieter though.

For a 140W-capable downdraft cooler (which will make your VRM's happier than any tower cooler or AIO), $50-60 looks to just be about what they cost.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

On July 27, 2017 at 1:36 PM, M.Yurizaki said:

What I want to do is mount this on an Intel board. I'm sure it can be done. :3

zip ties

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

7 minutes ago, themctipers said:

zip ties

If they're good enough for actual race cars, they're good enough for your PC.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

1 hour ago, Phate.exe said:

If they're good enough for actual race cars, they're good enough for your PC.

If we are using race car logic, throw tape on it lol. 

8 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Don't forget to double or triple it

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

10 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Why not use Duct tape?

Its NASA approved !

2 minutes ago, ScratchCat said:

Why not use Duct tape?

Its NASA approved !

Because X-Flex tape makes duct tape look like paper.

Correction Duck brand duct tape is NASA approved lol. Have to have that brand recognition.

6 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

Don't forget to double or triple it

Or just yank it all off and keep going! Wait... That part won't work with CPUs..

1 hour ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Or just yank it all off and keep going! Wait... That part won't work with CPUs..

"When in doubt duct it" - Megas XLR

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Too bad it looks like it was pulled off a socket A cpu. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 27-7-2017 at 8:24 PM, Fonzie92 said:

Thanks for playing

i call BS 1155 euro without VAT 

With VAT that would be 1397.55 euro ... (that's 1635.77$)

Let's agree to disagree