Swedish Agency Exposes Military Secrets; Fines the Guilty Half a Month’s Salary.

stockholm-centralstation-rafia.jpg

picture not relevant

The story goes back to 2015 when IBM received an IT maintenance contract from the Swedish Transport Agency, Transportstyrelsen. Apparently, IBM administrators in the Czech Republic were given full access to all data and logs by the Swedish agency without any security clearance. Local news agencies are calling this security catastrophe of outsourcing without prior security checks as handing over “the keys to the Kingdom.”

The Scandinavian government is stuck in a scandal that it tried to hush up before it blew out of proportion. The mishandling of this outsourcing deal may have resulted in the leak of the private data of every car owner in the country, including police and military transport. The 2015 leak exposed personal information, such as names, photos and home addresses of millions of Swedish vehicle owners, including fighter pilots of the Swedish air force, police suspects, those under the witness protection program, and the members of the military’s most secretive units.

Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter (DN) that has seen the police investigation documents reports that the IBM employees in the Czech Republic were given full access to all data and logs, while firewalls and communications were maintained by a company in Serbia.

Local papers also report that the IBM Serbian branch was also allegedly contracted to operate Sweden’s secure government intranet. This gov intranet is then connected to the EU’s secure network STESTA, meaning the botched up contract also put EU’s secure network at risk.

Maria Ågren, the Director General behind this scandal was fined half a month’s salary 70,000 Swedish krona.

swedish news site source https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.svt.se%2Fnyheter%2Finrikes%2Ftransportstyrelsens-sakerhetsskandal-detta-har-hant&edit-text=

http://wccftech.com/sweden-exposes-military-secrets/ 

i can't seem to link the privateinternetaccess.com source

i don't know what to say...

SOURCE

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/blog/2017/07/swedish-transport-agency-worst-known-governmental-leak-ever-is-slowly-coming-to-light/

Well Welcome to Sweden where the worst criminals with the harshest are the tax evaders and everything else is like "at least you pay taxes" so here have a year or 2 in prison, but wait you were charged with like 10 crimes all of once, here take group deal for that and 2½ years it is.

Sweden is slowly collapsing into its own stupidity. At least the infamous December agreement to shit all over democracy is starting to fall, and several political parties are now considering a vote of no confidence in the government. I doubt they will though, as it will force a new election. And the anti immigration party the December agreement forced out of influence has more than doubled since.

Sweden, the country version of tumblr. Get Rekt!

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

how, that is quite the F up

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

40 minutes ago, Notional said:

Sweden is slowly collapsing into its own stupidity. At least the infamous December agreement to shit all over democracy is starting to fall, and several political parties are now considering a vote of no confidence in the government. I doubt they will though, as it will force a new election. And the anti immigration party the December agreement forced out of influence has more than doubled since.

Sweden, the country version of tumblr. Get Rekt!

Still don't know why they opened their borders instead of ensuring that they were getting only legitimate refugees.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

3 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Still don't know why they opened their borders instead of ensuring that they were getting only legitimate refugees.

They wanted to be (and I quote) a "humanitarian superpower". Criticizing immigration or immigrants in any way, shape or form will instantly get you branded as a racist. This sounds like hyperbole, but it's not. It's just grotesque what is going on over there. Of course, Denmark isn't that much better, but we at least get a public discussion about these things. So half of what we do over here is called racist by the swedes. Then a few years later, they will do the same, when their insane hypocrisy is overwhelmed by reality (example: Age testing so called under age immigrants).

In sweden the culture and society generally, tends to focus on consensus. As a result, they will discuss things a little bit, until a majority opinion sees the day. Then that opinion will be upheld as an unofficial cultural law. If anyone breaks this cultural faux pas, they will get shamed, de-platformed, heck even fired from their jobs. It's insanely oppressive and authoritarian. Sweden is almost a manifesto definition of intersectional feminism with all the cultish idiotic behaviour as a result.

Tim Pool (youtube) did a good report from his visit over there. And he isn't even considered right wing in the US. Sweden is just self destructing at an impressive speed. I don't much care, but it will have severe consequences for Denmark and Norway. That I do care about.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

7 hours ago, Notional said:

Tim Pool (youtube) did a good report from his visit over there. And he isn't even considered right wing in the US. 

Which video of his would you recommend? 

7 hours ago, Notional said:

I don't much care, but it will have severe consequences for Denmark and Norway. That I do care about.

Don't worry, our current government has made sure that Sverige Demokraterna will win the next election by doing the same "look at how bad they are!" thing Hillary did.

It's starting to become like in the US, where it's one extreme vs the other extreme, and the extreme PC side is so insufferable that people are legitimately siding with actual criminals because they are seen as the lesser of two evils.

I wonder when people will learn that you do not fight one extreme by being the exact opposite...

Yep, the Swedish government is a pice of absolute dog shit when it comes IT anything. We are basically handing out IPs to anyone that claims you are file sharing, going against EU regulations when it comes to what ISPs store and for how long and now this shit. Personally I approve of the current governing party but I can't deny that the government just can't IT at all. Also Transportstyrelsen are prices of shit to me because they slow down my current job because they can't sent in proper applications to the city planing office lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, Grinners said:

Which video of his would you recommend? 

Ah, it seems me made a lot of videos. Generally, his recap of his experience is fairly good (but of course you lose out on the details):

I just have one addition. He talks about semantics as being the focus in swedish discussion. This is correct, however, it's more of a red herring, as swedes use it to steer away from the actual discussion and on to semantics. It's simply a diversion tactic. Semantics doesn't matter if it's about something positive or used to conclude something negative.

Either way, it's almost ad hominem bingo with this guy (poisoning the well/ tone policing/ appeal to motive). Police lied about him, journalists lied about him, heck, they even tried to create a narrative that he was funded by a "right wing extremist" to question his motives.

He mentions white pixelation in the newspaper. Here's the example he's talking about. The pixelation is what was shown in the paper, and the non-pixilated picture is the real criminal:

vitpixling_85301244.jpg

57 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Don't worry, our current government has made sure that Sverige Demokraterna will win the next election by doing the same "look at how bad they are!" thing Hillary did.

It's starting to become like in the US, where it's one extreme vs the other extreme, and the extreme PC side is so insufferable that people are legitimately siding with actual criminals because they are seen as the lesser of two evils.

I wonder when people will learn that you do not fight one extreme by being the exact opposite...

You mean Sverige Demokraterne are criminals or? Either way, I think sweden will have a political revolution in the next 5-10 years. But I also think it's too late. The damage is done, it's permanent and irreversible. Not all of it, but a large part of it.

However fighting one extreme with another, is not nice, but sometimes it's necessary. Fight fire with fire and all that. Of course the result are two opposite extremes fighting each other, which sucks. I wouldn't call SD extremists in any way though. Not if you look at their political manifesto.

But all we hear is how good Sweden is and how all countries should be like them.  Pfft, righto.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

16 minutes ago, Notional said:

You mean Sverige Demokraterne are criminals or?

I did not mention any particular party on purpose, and I will keep it that way.

17 minutes ago, Notional said:

Either way, I think sweden will have a political revolution in the next 5-10 years.

The election is next year. SD will probably become the biggest political party and people will be pissed. If there is a political revolution (which I doubt will happen) then it will be way sooner than 5-10 years.

19 minutes ago, Notional said:

However fighting one extreme with another, is not nice, but sometimes it's necessary. Fight fire with fire and all that. Of course the result are two opposite extremes fighting each other, which sucks.

The problem is that the more extreme one side gets, the more extreme the other one gets too.

A lot of people voted for Trump as a type of protest against all the PC bullshit in the US, but because he won the PC crowd feel like they need to be even more extreme too.

It just fuels itself and becomes worse and worse over time.

21 minutes ago, Notional said:

I wouldn't call SD extremists in any way though. Not if you look at their political manifesto.

Some would agree and some would disagree with that.

I think everyone will agree that they attract a lot of extremist voters though.

Personally I feel like I am picking between two evils with no sane alternative existing.

Right now I am leaning towards one party, but that's only because of their views on 1 point (spoiler: immigration). I am not sure if I agree with them on other points. I would like to find a party that lines up with my views on what I think are the 3 or so core issues. Not just one of them.

2 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

The election is next year. SD will probably become the biggest political party and people will be pissed. If there is a political revolution (which I doubt will happen) then it will be way sooner than 5-10 years.

The problem is that the more extreme one side gets, the more extreme the other one gets too.

A lot of people voted for Trump as a type of protest against all the PC bullshit in the US, but because he won the PC crowd feel like they need to be even more extreme too.

It just fuels itself and becomes worse and worse over time.

Some would agree and some would disagree with that.

I think everyone will agree that they attract a lot of extremist voters though.

Personally I feel like I am picking between two evils with no sane alternative existing.

Right now I am leaning towards one party, but that's only because of their views on 1 point (spoiler: immigration). I am not sure if I agree with them on other points. I would like to find a party that lines up with my views on what I think are the 3 or so core issues. Not just one of them.

Yeah, the 5-10 year period was generous, but mostly set due to a couple of elections away. I think the most likely scenario is that some parties on the "right" wing will concede, and leave the december agreement, and get a proper anti immigration policy. Likely work with SD too as a result. Once the political correctness dam starts to rupture, there is no turning back, and sweden might get somewhat constructive in its political environment again.

Indeed. Two extremes can fuel each other, and polarize even more. However, I don't think the voters in Sweden will accept that.  At least in Denmark, when someone gets a little too "creative" in their arguments, it gets punished by the voters. I think it's the same in sweden.

Well, when you only have one party with a certain political view point, you attract all who supports that viewpoint, whether moderate or extreme. I don't think it's fair to hold a party responsible for that. Guilt by association and all that.

A get where you're coming from. It's frustrating, but sometimes you just have to prioritize what's most important. Send a powerful message to the rest of the political establishment, if they are being thick headed. Ugh, if only we had less representative democracy and more direct democracy. Like in Switzerland.

One thing I have always said, the number 1. biggest mistake a country can do when it comes to refugees is to let them all live together. Its the single biggest thing that limits integration. Force them to live spread out in the country.
But do let in actual refugees, but do not let in fake refugees.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

45 minutes ago, Mihle said:

One thing I have always said, the number 1. biggest mistake a country can do when it comes to refugees is to let them all live together. Its the single biggest thing that limits integration. Force them to live spread out in the country.
But do let in actual refugees, but do not let in fake refugees.

I shall now copy the core function of  Twitter, but adapt it to message boards. 

I call it "re-quote" 

All rights reserved. 

2 minutes ago, Prysin said:

I shall now copy the core function of  Twitter, but adapt it to message boards. 

I call it "re-quote" 

All rights reserved. 

Didn't the old "ditto" do that first?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL