EXPOSING DEADMAU5's STUDIO - *SPOILER* He's a huge Geek!

nicklmg
Just now, kirashi said:

Alrighty, I guess I'll have to forgive everyone for now... le sigh :P Kidding of course; I'd never actually be butthurt over this. I'll just keep my fingers crossed for a future covfefe run, maybe in the LTT Lambo if Joel ever visits Vancouver.

Idunno if Joel would set foot in that... amazing piece of automotive history... :P lol.

Hope we can have him come by the studio one day, as disappointing as it is in comparison to his xD 

Just now, nicklmg said:

Idunno if Joel would set foot in that... amazing piece of automotive history... :P lol.

Hope we can have him come by the studio one day, as disappointing as it is in comparison to his xD 

Imagine how impressed he would have been if there was a massive firepole

Just now, Rune said:

Imagine how impressed he would have been if there was a massive firepole

I'm lobbying for it internally. Not going well.

1 minute ago, nicklmg said:

I'm lobbying for it internally. Not going well.

Happens or i cancel my floatplane subscription.

Lets start a petition.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

Just now, Jrock said:

Happens or i cancel my floatplane subscription.

Lets start a petition.

NO, PLEASE, IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!! DON'T SACRIFICE YOURSELF FOR OUR SAKE, PLEASE

xD

3 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

NO, PLEASE, IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!! DON'T SACRIFICE YOURSELF FOR OUR SAKE, PLEASE

xD

(that wont actually happen.)

If Linus is concerned about safety get Jon to write an agreement if something happens on it its not the companies fault... Lol.

On another note, Where's the (Floatplane) video for today? Also dont let linus forget wan tomorrow cause of the short week

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

6 minutes ago, Jrock said:

If Linus is concerned about safety get Jon to write an agreement if something happens on it its not the companies fault... Lol.

If only it were that simple - WorkSafeBC overrules a lot of company-level policies when it comes to job safety. :P 

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 minute ago, kirashi said:

If only it were that simple - WorkSafeBC overrules a lot of company-level policies when it comes to job safety. :P 

DAMMIT.

I have an idea. To register a company its not that much money. Get this new company to purchase a 3x3 foot of your property and voila!

9 minutes ago, Jrock said:

On another note, Where's the (Floatplane) video for today?

Coming soon (TM) - we've been having some issues with the upload process today.

2 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Pretty much this. Anything that happens on company property is pretty much the company's fault no matter what policies you have in place - especially if it's on something like a firepole that the company knowingly and willingly installed.

4 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Coming soon (TM) - we've been having some issues with the upload process today.

Pretty much this. Anything that happens on company property is pretty much the company's fault no matter what policies you have in place - especially if it's on something like a firepole that the company knowingly and willingly installed.

Always problems eh?

Well i guess we're just gonna have to

Image result for dealing with it memes sunglasses

(Thanks google images)

2 minutes ago, Jrock said:

Always problems eh?

Well i guess we're just gonna have to

Image result for dealing with it memes sunglasses

(Thanks google images)

The guys are working incredibly hard on updates/upgrades these days so yeah things are bound to break from time to time :P

This is the first time we've been delayed due to a platform issue in a while. The last few have all been export/editing delays (stupid Premiere is stupid sometimes :P ) 

Just now, nicklmg said:

The guys are working incredibly hard on updates/upgrades these days so yeah things are bound to break from time to time :P

This is the first time we've been delayed due to a platform issue in a while. The last few have all been export/editing delays (stupid Premiere is stupid sometimes :P ) 

;) just bugging ya...

Even if you miss the upload for today. Who cares. Although id bet you have one of those "Time since last accident" counters for time since last video missed.

What is the track that starts just after 4 minutes in? It doesn't sounds like the intro or the outro in the links. 

Gaming build:

CPU: i7-7700k (5.0ghz, 1.312v)

GPU(s): Asus Strix 1080ti OC (~2063mhz)

Memory: 32GB (4x8) DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3000mhz

Motherboard: Asus Prime z270-AR

PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W

Cooler: Custom water loop (420mm rad + 360mm rad)

Case: Be quiet! Dark base pro 900 (silver)
Primary storage: Samsung 960 evo m.2 SSD (500gb)

Secondary storage: Samsung 850 evo SSD (250gb)

Server build:

OS: Ubuntu server 16.04 LTS (though will probably upgrade to 17.04 for better ryzen support)

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700x

Memory: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB

Motherboard: Asrock B350 m4 pro

PSU: Corsair CX550M

Cooler: Cooler master hyper 212 evo

Storage: 2TB WD Red x1, 128gb OCZ SSD for OS

Case: HAF 932 adv

1 hour ago, nicklmg said:

And we all know you guys don't want the fire department showing up for something silly ... again ... (if I remember correctly, this has happened once before :P)

I have an improved idea - instead of a firepole, why not install a giant slip n slide ramp from the roof? It's summer, and technically not inside the warehouse, so...

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

At 3:35 when Joel aka Deadmau5 was doing the demo, it reminded me of those phone ladies back in the old days, when they help you connect to that other person over the telephone. How does Joel know which jack to plug into to, to get the type of sound he wants? How the hell do those phone ladies, know which jack to plug the wire into, so it connect to that person you want to talk to? Both Joel and those phone ladies are freaking amazing! :D

phoneoperator.jpg

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

That was pretty awesome to see another side of Joel's place. Always love catching him on twitch when he is making music.Pretty chill of a stream to catch and hang out in for a few hours.

Pretty sure we have one of those giant touch screens chilling in the hangar at work.

As a DJ, seeing Joel's setup was a real eye opener. Glad to have seen his setup and how his music is being made. Here's a video of those modular synthesizers in action.

Also, NASA called and they want their control room back.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

2 hours ago, Geralt said:

Here's a video of those modular synthesizers in action.

neat

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

15 hours ago, nicklmg said:

They turned what could've been an amazing strategic "partnership" with one of the biggest performing artists in the world into a gigantic case of bad press for them. Just goes to show that "sticking to tradition" is a way of the past in many cases...

I'm sorry Nick, but I don't think you understand Ferrari very well: whether someone is popular, very popular, or massively popular within a particular market is highly irrelevant for their market. There is zero advertising value for Ferrari in having millions of middle-class kids seeing their idol drive around a Ferrari, customized or not. You don't get to the few hundred customers they serve for each model through mass-media publicity and cyan kitsch wrappings. What works for them is to remain a status symbol, and to that end "sticking to tradition" and showing a grumpy grandpa face works much better that any partnership involving car defacing.

Basically, you are saying Ferrari wasted what would have been a great opportunity to Ford. But Ferrari isn't Ford.

On the other hand, Nissan is:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/autos/nissan-pokes-fun-at-ferrari-offers-deadmau5-a-purrari-replacement-1.1990778

In the end, winning strategies are market-dependent.

Cool, cool..... so umm, when do we get a tour of @TaranLMG's desk. From what I've seen on Twitter, he's got at least the pallets gear, multiple custom keyboards and a streamed . Would love to see how that all works together

@dezeltheintern , video idea

How is the background song in the beginning of the video called?

21 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

I hope it's just a wrap and can be removed and that he wasn't foolish enough to do that with paint and ruin the cars value.

It's a wrap done by a local company in Toronto called Sekanskin. They did the Purrari as well. They were doing a display/ live wrapping at the Toronto Autoshow last year. 

Pretty nice 20,000 ft overview of the setup there. I've always been curious about his in house studio setup. I would have loved to seen more about the rendering setup for the tour visuals, cause damn, I know absolutely nothing rendering motion graphics and well.. I have a feeling Joel has seen his fair amount of oddities that could make for some interesting discussion. 

It was great watching Linus nerd out over literally everything. I just wish there was more, cause I have a feeling there was so much more to talk about in this one, but so many topics, only so much time. 

Joel seems like he'd be fun to work on projects with and bounce ideas off of.  Glad this collab happened. 

I wonder if a coffee run video was filmed as well. Edit: Nope. Linus confirmed wasn't enough time. 

This is one of those videos I wish were longer. You got 30+ min material there.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.