EXPOSING DEADMAU5's STUDIO - *SPOILER* He's a huge Geek!

nicklmg
5 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I'm sorry Nick, but I don't think you understand Ferrari very well: whether someone is popular, very popular, or massively popular within a particular market is highly irrelevant for their market. There is zero advertising value for Ferrari in having millions of middle-class kids seeing their idol drive around a Ferrari, customized or not. You don't get to the few hundred customers they serve for each model through mass-media publicity and cyan kitsch wrappings. What works for them is to remain a status symbol, and to that end "sticking to tradition" and showing a grumpy grandpa face works much better that any partnership involving car defacing.

Basically, you are saying Ferrari wasted what would have been a great opportunity to Ford. But Ferrari isn't Ford.

On the other hand, Nissan is:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/autos/nissan-pokes-fun-at-ferrari-offers-deadmau5-a-purrari-replacement-1.1990778

In the end, winning strategies are market-dependent.

Well, I definitely understand how word-of-mouth works.

If Ferrari wants their entire consumerbase to die out in 20 years then yeah this is probably a great move. I'm sure they made some very old, very rich men extremely happy by taking this action. But the negative impact that this action has had on their appearance to young people (the next generation of potential millionaires, as music listening habits can't really be defined purely by class), and I'm sure to Joel's peers (most, if not all, of which currently have the means to purchase a vehicle in their market), is vastly negative.

To be clear - I'm not claiming to know the intricate details of the situation. Maybe they got complaints from some of their regular customers and threats to discontinue purchases of Ferrari products in the future if they didn't do something about the "atrocity" of the Purrari. If that was the case, then I can understand their position a bit more clearly. But speaking PURELY from a word-of-mouth and advertising standpoint for the future of their company, this was a very... "interesting"... move.

even if i was worth $10M, i wouldn't be caught dead (or dying) in a Supercar. 4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels moves the soul.

awesome vid, love to see the crib. always fun to watch someone who loves LOVES what once was their hobby still geeking out about it hard core years down the road. Makes me appreciate the music and talent even more. I'm sure Linus had a BLAST hanging out with one of his favorite artists too. i'm sure that wasn't so bad!

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Heh, and here i am trying to figure out how to make a beat with FL Studio 12 :/ (Which many people said that its one of the easiest software to use) 

Can someone please tell me what the perceptive pixle 82" would cost. And how you know there is only 4 in the world. I ask because I work for an asset recovery/recycling company that just received one of these 2 weeks ago. P.S. it should be on eBay in the next month or so.

21 hours ago, tuplink said:

Can someone please tell me what the perceptive pixle 82" would cost. And how you know there is only 4 in the world. I ask because I work for an asset recovery/recycling company that just received one of these 2 weeks ago. P.S. it should be on eBay in the next month or so.

I'm not sure if anyone would really have a good answer here - maybe try Tweeting at deadmau5? He seems to know quite a bit about them (maybe he'd even want to buy it himself).

• 2 years later...

He clearly doesn't have anything to do I mean, Linus always say Macs are for people who doesn't have anything to do right…?

• 1 year later...

Hey guys. I'm looking for the background music in this video at 2:50. Is anybody know about it? If you know please tell me !Thank you very much!!!!

• 1 year later...

There's a track in the background that begins at around 4:20 of the video. I NEED THIS TRACK! I've been hunting for it for YEARS. If anyone can point me in any directions that would be much appreciated!