Cooler Master QuickFire TK Cherry MX Green - where to buy

LinusTech

Amazon: http://geni.us/u5jMHWe

The Quickfire TK is not a new product to my channel, but this particular variant of it is definitely new. This is my first time trying out a Cherry MX Green keyboard. It's got a very heavy feel to it, and while I like the keyboard overall, I did find that the green typing experience (for someone who uses Browns at work and Blacks at home) was a little bit difficult for me.

I've never had the chance to try out greens, but reds and browns are my favorite switches.

EDIT: FIRST!!!!

Specs: CPU: FX 8350 MOBO: Crosshair V Formula-Z RAM: 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Beast 1600Mhz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780 Windforce GHz Edition PSU: Corsair CX750M Case: Corsair 750D Storage: Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB + WD 2TB Green + WD 200GB Black (non-functional/to take up space) Monitor: ASUS PB238Q Upgrade Plans Herehttp://pcpartpicker.com/user/chipsndip104/saved/3AAt

I have the Quickfire TK green switch limited edition
71FrYCKtAfL._SL1500_.jpg

And I absolutely love it, the heavier switches are much more satisfying to use and you get used to the weight while gaming fairly quickly, the typing experience for me personally was fantastic and I got used to the keys within just a few days.

This is by far my most favorite keyboard.

I own the TK with browns and I love it, super solid build quality and I can't imagine that this is any different. From what I have heard, greens are just a heavier version of blues but without the double tap problem.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Linus you said Audible.com 7 times when including the 'Audible.com' in the sentence saying "And 10 points if you can figure out how times I said Audible.com in the last minute or so of this video".  

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

are you F***ING kidding me!?. I'd just given up on this keyboard 2 Days ago :( Now i have a k95 in the mail... well.. that's a real kick in the nether regions :(

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I have tried this keyboard borrowed it of a mate try out very nice keyboard great for gaming and general use.

Linus you said Audible.com 7 times when including the 'Audible.com' in the sentence saying "And 10 points if you can figure out how times I said Audible.com in the last minute or so of this video".  

You win 10 points!

It looks amazing, I already have 3 mecs, not gonna buy another one though :D

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

Is @Slick taking this keyboard for himself?

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

My situation is that I was on a hunt for that keyboard for the longest time, it all started when I was watching CES 2012 and there had been a small showing in the CM booth of the bright keyboard, I'd never seen on brighter, it had the green lights I swear ever existed. The video also included that it had the famously unheard of Cherry MX switch in the color green. I knew instantly that is the keyboard that I want, it has those wonderful green lights to go with my system, it had heavier switches with Tactile Feedback and that oh so musical *clicky click clack* sound. The reason I knew that I wanted that sound and feel of heavier switches was because my best friend has the same model of keyboard from CM as well, except he has the blue with Cherry MX blue switches. My opinion was just that if it had green lights and then heavier switches it would be ideal for me. So I look everywhere across the internet, up, down, far and wide reaching to maybe order a custom Cherry MX green switch keyboard with no keycaps fully custom from Ducky, I would then buy custom keycaps and install the LED switches on my own. Well needless to say that would have been very expensive and I am still glad I hadn't gone that far. What I ended up settling on was the Cooler Master Storm Quickfire XT that had no LED backlights but offered those green switches. It was the only one that offered a full Cherry MX green switch layout that I could find, they had one other model that offered it but it had been quickly discontinued and other than the Ducky Idea there was nowhere to be found the keyboard I wanted, except in that video that they showed at CES with the magical keyboard that seemed was only to tease me for the rest of my life. So here I am, with this long, probably hard to read post, thinking about buying that keyboard. We'll see. 

Also, my keyboard when I bought it was not available (though now it is) on NewEgg, Amazon, or any websites other than ordering it from CoolerMaster themselves where I paid 125 dollars for it. So, it's a tough bargain.

EDIT: I fixed some grammar. 

Wrong, he said audible one time without .com! :) so 6 times if you include the last one.  

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Wrong, he said audible one time without .com! :) so 6 times if you include the last one.

Well I still got 10 points.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I'm gonna pop some (key)caps, only got 20 Hertz in ma pocket!

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Well I still got 10 points.

Im jelly! ^^ 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

I've been on the hunt for a machanical keyboard for a while.  My main problem is that I am very picky.  I don't like a loud keyboard, the quieter the better.  I also prefer keys that when pressed you feel the key all the way from when your finger goes on it to when it hits the bottom of its travel.  I don't like keys that have some sort of bump in their travel.

I have a Logitech G15 Gen1 keyboard which has a membraine that is dying so I need one sooner or later.  I really like the feel of the keys with my keyboard and the MX cherry Greens sound like they could be a good match for the weight.  I have big heavy fingers so I don't think the weight would bother me.

I would love to see a video where Linus & Slick compares the feel of several different membraine keyboards to the feel of the different MX Cherry switches and says which ones they feels are closer to each other.  I have not been able to test it myself because none of the stores around me have any keyboards out so that I can test them.