I'll bet you can't get a worse Cinebench score than me

Go to solution Solved by imreloadin,

Well guys the 4K render completed during the middle of the day today without me noticing it so the Cinebench render test was able to complete much sooner than it should have been.

Still think I win though @Aelar_Nailo @Ryan_Vickers @8uhbbhu8 @Goofygiggles ;)

58d354b99db8b_LowestScore.PNG.21c22a10e29df62096042512f67d77f8.PNG

1 hour ago, tomaatvk said:

Actually, prime95 sets its priority lower than any other program automaticaly leading to no performance losses when it comes to CPU calculations. The higher score could maybe be explained by looking at it from another way. Because the CPU is at 100% load all the time power saving features won't kick in resulting in a continuous max clock speed.

I also finished my cinebench R15 run on my 5820K (overclocked to 4.4GHz with all cores/threads enabled) and the result is 4cb. Do I win now?

sqsj8fV.jpg?1

yours is worse than @Lays and he has a 7700k(ek)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 hour ago, tomaatvk said:

But my cpu wasn't running at 5.9GHz so that's a thing.

read it wrong,whoops

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

:( 

My test finally finished.

2 cb

I guess I'll have to run some other program in the background to get it any lower.  May as well since I'm already using a VM, so can't really compete in the "bare metal" group :P 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I'm starting it again with prime95 to bog it down (priorities set properly so it actually does :P), but this just happened:

Capture.PNG

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

23 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

:( 

My test finally finished.

2 cb

I guess I'll have to run some other program in the background to get it any lower.  May as well since I'm already using a VM, so can't really compete in the "bare metal" group :P 

I'm kinda curious as to how long that took, my guess woud be 4-5 hours. Why not also downlock your cpu and disable cores?

Someone once said: "Having a rollercoaster on a PC would be epic"

So threw a rollercoaster on my K'nex PC: Project Dragon Khan- K'nex rollercoaster PC build

Just now, tomaatvk said:

I'm kinda curious as to how long that took, my guess woud be 4-5 hours. Why not also downlock your cpu and disable cores?

Because I still intend to use my system and just let this run in the background :P 

20 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I'm starting it again with prime95 to bog it down (priorities set properly so it actually does :P), but this just happened:

Please submit that to their database if you can. :D

6 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Because I still intend to use my system and just let this run in the background :P 

The eternal struggle of messing around with computers, you usually still want to use then while messing with them, especially when it's regarding hour long benchmarks.

Someone once said: "Having a rollercoaster on a PC would be epic"

So threw a rollercoaster on my K'nex PC: Project Dragon Khan- K'nex rollercoaster PC build

35 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Please submit that to their database if you can. :D

Sadly it's too late :( 

Also, I sort of assumed this must be a known bug but I just quickly googled "Cinebench high score bug" and didn't see any similar images... :/ maybe I was the first :D 

29 minutes ago, tomaatvk said:

The eternal struggle of messing around with computers, you usually still want to use then while messing with them, especially when it's regarding hour long benchmarks.

Yeah, well, let's just consider that I started my second run about an hour ago, and it has yet to actually begin drawing.  It's still "preparing project", so that bodes well for a score of 0.01 xD 

14 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Capture.PNG

Can I have your cpu?

Best Regards, Goofygiggles

Got this on a Thinkpad x201 if anybody still cares about this thread. I don't know if it is considered cheating to disable all but 1 of the cores and hyper threading.

It did take around 6 hours for it to complete though. During which: I drove to the other side of my city (which can actually take a surprisingly long time), got pizza and watched Rogue One for the first time.
Interestingly I ran a baseline test of 2 Cores 4 Threads and scored 71. I then ran another test of 2 Cores 2 Threads (no HT) and scored 80

GHV2tD0.png

Well it's been two days and it hasn't even started rendering yet... can I get my prize yet? xD 

Just started a CB11.5 run on my old ZG5 netbook.  Atom N270.  My great-great-great-grandchildren will post the results.

I've got a Celeron M380 that can be run at around 800Mhz (if not lower) by changing the power settings.....which lowers the FSB speed since it doesn't have speed step. Challenge accepted. And the Pentium M770 currently in that laptop will have a go as well.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I guess my score is 0. Can't even run R11 without crashing.

Acer Aspire 4102LCi

Pentium M 1.74Ghz (533 MHz FSB)

768mb RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon X600 PCI-e 64mb VRAM

Untitled.png

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

This was the result of my bare metal run.  Full speed (although it throttled back on idle, hence the low clock speed in the screenshot), hyperthreading enabled, nothing running in the background. 

Took a little more than an hour ... I think.  I wasn't expecting it to be ready that soon so I wasn't really looking at the time.

CB Ayame.PNG

I have Firefox open in the screenshot, but I only opened it after the CB run was finished to download CPU-Z. 

I am now doing the worst-case scenario.  I disabled hyperthreading, removed the add-in RAM stick (now running 500MB instead of 1.5GB), set Cinebench's priority to low and fired up youtube to show me a 10 hour fireplace movie while I let Windows Update install the February + March security patches.  That 10 hour movie ended already and it looks like I'm about halfway through the render.  Difficult to see though, Cinebench didn't really think about 1024x600 screens so most of the image is off-screen and I can't scroll to see which part it's working on now.

If it is indeed going to take 20 times as long as the first run, I expect the score to be close to 0.01pts.

I thought my computer was badScreenshot (26).png

I'll try to find my old lenovo flex, I swear one day I will get a lower score....ONE DAY.

Does anyone know if R11.5 and R15 give the same scores?

11 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Does anyone know if R11.5 and R15 give the same scores?

I highly doubt it.  Lemme check real quick ...

Nope, not even close. 

15 vs 11.jpg

Did these back-to-back.   Normally that CPU gets a better score, but I can't shut down the stuff that I'm working on.

If I disabled a core on my Plex server and underclocked it by 1GHz I know for a fact I could bust through yours. It only gets 95CB as it is.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)