I'll bet you can't get a worse Cinebench score than me

Go to solution Solved by imreloadin,

Well guys the 4K render completed during the middle of the day today without me noticing it so the Cinebench render test was able to complete much sooner than it should have been.

Still think I win though @Aelar_Nailo @Ryan_Vickers @8uhbbhu8 @Goofygiggles ;)

58d354b99db8b_LowestScore.PNG.21c22a10e29df62096042512f67d77f8.PNG

Just now, themctipers said:

pulled off of google. thing is, this cpu is runing faster than my laptop's cpu. 1.66 vs 1.83

also it has 1gb more ram

Image result for intel atom n455 cinebench pu

Software is as important as hardware. It's like a car without a driver. Since it is an old version of cinebench it might not be as good, or that the drivers weren't available back in the time.

But if that's not the case, then mission accomplished.

It is said that an Italian dies every time Spaghetti is broken.

That's why I break mine twice.

Just now, THE PC GAMER said:

Software is as important as hardware. It's like a car without a driver. Since it is an old version of cinebench it might not be as good, or that the drivers weren't available back in the time.

But if that's not the case, then mission accomplished.

it simply wont run c15 because its 64 bit and this cpu is 32bit only.

yes, 32 bit only. in 2010.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I guess we should have some sort of rules... one category for running on "bare metal", no background programs, underclocks allowed, and another that's just "whatever it takes" :P 

Well I got 30CB for 'bare metal' and 20CB for 'whatever it takes'

Best Regards, Goofygiggles

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

it simply wont run c15 because its 64 bit and this cpu is 32bit only.

yes, 32 bit only. in 2010.

I wonder if there exists a CPU that is so pathetic it can't even open cinebench.

I wonder if there exists a CPU that is so pathetic it can't even open cinebench.

anything 32bit only, or older than a pentium 4 (64 bit)

dont forget about the pentium 1/2/3 lineup :P

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, Goofygiggles said:

Well I got 30CB for 'bare metal' and 20CB for 'whatever it takes'

In a VM, you'll lose a little performance right off the top, but you could also run intense programs within the VM that choke it out, as well as additional intense programs on the host shoved onto the same core as the VM using set affinity.  That, coupled with "execute limit" to cap VM performance at 1% of what it could be should do well.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, THE PC GAMER said:

My old i5 540m wouldn't initialize the test.. Although I don't think it was because the cpu was too slow something else was wrong

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

In a VM, you'll lose a little performance right off the top, but you could also run intense programs within the VM that choke it out, as well as additional intense programs on the host shoved onto the same core as the VM using set affinity.  That, coupled with "execute limit" to cap VM performance at 1% of what it could be should do well.

That's true, but honestly I don't know if it matters enough to me to run it in a VM for two days

Just now, Goofygiggles said:

That's true, but honestly I don't know if it matters enough to me to run it in a VM for two days

Yeah, I think using that I could pretty much get any score I wanted, provided sufficient patience. 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

anything 32bit only, or older than a pentium 4 (64 bit)

dont forget about the pentium 1/2/3 lineup :P

My first computer ever was something EXTREMELY old. It could run minesweeper (WOOHOO!)
It was white in color and had the weirdest IO ever, dating back to USB 1.1 or even older.

I don't really remember what it was because it was back when I was 6 years old. No joke.

My 2nd computer, that I easily remember, was a Dell Optiplex GX270, and it had a pentium 4.

Ok now i'm getting offtopic.

What about the Raspberry Pi Zero W?

My first computer ever was something EXTREMELY old. It could run minesweeper (WOOHOO!)
It was white in color and had the weirdest IO ever, dating back to USB 1.1 or even older.

I don't really remember what it was because it was back when I was 6 years old. No joke.

My 2nd computer, that I easily remember, was a Dell Optiplex GX270, and it had a pentium 4.

I don;t think you could run Cinebench on lunix.. Or can you?

my dads first computer rotted away

all i have is the case

the second one he has is a cyrix 386 one

-

my first computer was a 2500+ sempron with fx 5200, second one was a pentium 4 extreme with fx 5200.., then a pentium d with gs 8400, then an i5 760 with gs 9800, and now a i7 3770k with a gtx 1070

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

42 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I'm running it on a 4770k @ 4 GHz, and with any luck it'll score < 1 cb

Hope it doesn't go minus

2 minutes ago, Goofygiggles said:

Don't know. Haven't tried.

Out of so many attempts has even ONE person been able to beat your score? Or are you waiting on someone?

1 hour ago, THE PC GAMER said:

Out of so many attempts has even ONE person been able to beat your score? Or are you waiting on someone?

someone has beaten his score (beaten = lower)

raspberry pi uses arm, and cinebench is x64.

arm cant run x64.. but it can try to emulate it

brb grabbing rpi2 /s 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 hour ago, Factory OC said:

Here is a stock one

1322620.jpg

OK....

WOW, I am just going to walk away.

YOU'RE SO CLOSE!!!

Just downclock it more and you'll "beat" OP!!!

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

3 minutes ago, THE PC GAMER said:

Oh yeah many people have been able to beat my score

6 minutes ago, Goofygiggles said:

I assume you can (never checked though).  The real issue would be finding it for ARM instead of x86, which I doubt exists.

good-news-everyone.jpg

The VM has run out of RAM and is now swapping hard, which should slow it down considerably 

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

good-news-everyone.jpg

The VM has run out of RAM and is now swapping hard, which should slow it down considerably 

i have a hard drive which is almost filled with dead sectors

unknown.png

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 hours ago, Jskn said:

What about my pentium 4 dell with all threads disabled if possible 

Unfortunately cinebench r15 requires 64 bit support. Unless you're talking one of the rare prescott chips that support em64t

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Tried cinebench r11. 5. Can't run r15 because my os is 32 bit. Athlon 64 x2 4000+.

Capture.PNG

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

1 hour ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Tried cinebench r11. 5. Can't run r15 because my os is 32 bit. Athlon 64 x2 4000+.

Capture.PNG

if you have the files, can you send it over to me? I have a 32bit only laptop that i want to run cinebench on.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

if you have the files, can you send it over to me? I have a 32bit only laptop that i want to run cinebench on.

What files? 

1 hour ago, Coaxialgamer said:

What files? 

cinebench 11.5 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.