I'll bet you can't get a worse Cinebench score than me

Go to solution Solved by imreloadin,

Well guys the 4K render completed during the middle of the day today without me noticing it so the Cinebench render test was able to complete much sooner than it should have been.

Still think I win though @Aelar_Nailo @Ryan_Vickers @8uhbbhu8 @Goofygiggles ;)

58d354b99db8b_LowestScore.PNG.21c22a10e29df62096042512f67d77f8.PNG

11 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

I highly doubt it.  Lemme check real quick ...

Nope, not even close. 

Reveal hidden contents

15 vs 11.jpg

Did these back-to-back.   Normally that CPU gets a better score, but I can't shut down the stuff that I'm working on.

Wow, so about a 100x difference then... so, the people getting 0.01 pts on R11.5... not quite as impressive I guess :P 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Not fair you guys are using ancient hardware and disabling shits.....

I wanna have a go on R15 with my atom E3815, all stock speed, but can't be bothered to download and install windows on it-_- It will take ages. 

On 3/17/2017 at 1:52 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

I guess we should have some sort of rules... one category for running on "bare metal", no background programs, underclocks allowed, and another that's just "whatever it takes" :P 

52 minutes ago, mach said:

Not fair you guys are using ancient hardware and disabling shits.....

I wanna have a go on R15 with my atom E3815, all stock speed, but can't be bothered to download and install windows on it-_- It will take ages. 

The "rules" so to speak were established a couple of pages earlier in the post I've quoted above yours, underclocking/disabling is allowed.

On 17. 3. 2017 at 5:09 PM, DocSwag said:

Just wait. I'll find a way to run cinebench on my OP2 so that it only utilizes one A53 core.

I BET I CAN WIN NOW!!!

I will disable 3 cores and HT on my 4770k. Then underclock it to 800MHz.

Then I will run Cinebench and live stream it on Twitch in best possible quality using x264, run deep AV scan in the background and put Windows folder into RAR with maximum compression.

19 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Then I will run Cinebench and live stream it on Twitch in best possible quality using x264, run deep AV scan in the background and put Windows folder into RAR with maximum compression.

Damn, didn't think of that.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

21 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I'll do the same thing except with my Athlon 2650 xD

3 hours ago, WereCat said:

Don't forget to use the task manager to set Cinebench's priority to "low" and the others to "high" (or whatever the equivalent in your version of Windows is). 

If we're gonna jump on the bad cinebench score wagon, someone should try hitting their CPU's thermal throttling point (like for instance, leave the cooler over the CPU without pressure, you can then control the temp by pressing down on the cooler so it has good contact).

Then your CPU could hit speeds as low as 100MHz as it desperately tries to stop you from torturing it. Warning: Probably shouldn't do it with your daily driver CPU ;)

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Excuse me while I get my p3 machine up again :P or my p4...

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

10 hours ago, Energycore said:

If we're gonna jump on the bad cinebench score wagon, someone should try hitting their CPU's thermal throttling point (like for instance, leave the cooler over the CPU without pressure, you can then control the temp by pressing down on the cooler so it has good contact).

Then your CPU could hit speeds as low as 100MHz as it desperately tries to stop you from torturing it. Warning: Probably shouldn't do it with your daily driver CPU ;)

I love the idea, however is it even possible to get below 0.01 points like that other person did?

16 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

so, the people getting 0.01 pts on R11.5... not quite as impressive I guess

I honestly don't know.  I don't think the scores scale the same way.  It took me 16 hours, that would be less than 2cb if my netbook were able to run R15.

I'm tempted to put my old rig's i5-2500 on a single core with the lowest possible multiplier and let that run for days on R15 to see if I can get into decimals there too, but unfortunately I'm in the middle of re-ripping my music collection with EAC (there were some issues with the WMP rips so I decided to just rip all CDs again). That that old rig is the only one in my household that has a DVD drive, so I really don't want to make it unusable for a week or longer.

30 minutes ago, FlightRisk said:

I love the idea, however is it even possible to get below 0.01 points like that other person did?

Because as shown earlier, R15 scores roughly 100x higher than R11.5 so the 30 odd points scored by OP would be equivalent to ~0.3 pts in the test where you say 0.01.  Still, the 0.01 is impressively low, but perhaps not as much as it first seems.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

This is the lowest I could get it with no other programs running, will see if I can loosen the RAM timings more and test it further later.1c1t 800MHz CPU 800MHz.PNG

Testing it again now while it's trying to render out a 4K video at the same time xD should be interesting considering it's only clocked to 800MHz and it's set to only use 1GB of RAM!

EDIT: Just checked the progress on it and it's still at the "Performing render test...rendering" screen with a black page and absolutely 0 boxes rendered, made sure it didn't freeze by making the mouse move. Any guesses on how long it's going to take lol?

Edited by imreloadin
Added update.

5 hours ago, imreloadin said:

EDIT: Just checked the progress on it and it's still at the "Performing render test...rendering" screen with a black page and absolutely 0 boxes rendered, made sure it didn't freeze by making the mouse move. Any guesses on how long it's going to take lol?

It might not render at all until your 4K video is done xD

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

It might not render at all until your 4K video is done xD

It's currently about a fifth of the way through the first Cinebench square while the video render is ~40% complete. Mind you that it's been at this for about 5 hours now xD

Just now, imreloadin said:

It's currently about a fifth of the way through the first Cinebench square while the video render is ~40% complete. Mind you that it's been at this for about 5 hours now xD

Ok you might win :D

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Just now, Energycore said:

Ok you might win :D

And my parents told me that I wouldn't amount to anything in life ^_^

Just now, imreloadin said:

And my parents told me that I wouldn't amount to anything in life ^_^

Try to render the same video again once it's done

Even if it takesn weeks

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

Try to render the same video again once it's done

Even if it takesn weeks

Oh I am planning on it *wrings hands menacingly*

22 hours ago, CUDA_Cores said:

Might have to dig out the old Pentium MMX 200MHz. Although I doubt Cinebench would even run on it since cinebench probably requires SSE :P.

it might run even slower because it has to emulate SSE xD

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

i bet if i tried this on my Mobile Pentium III laptop, it wouldn't even run.

I used to be quite active here.

lol I think i'll do this on my c2d T9550 Laptop w/ cinebench and aida64 running :P (This is a laptop that struggles to open and run word many days)

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

6 hours ago, imreloadin said:

My setup was stuck like that for about 4 days before I gave up under the assumption that it might take several weeks or more to complete.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

My setup was stuck like that for about 4 days before I gave up under the assumption that it might take several weeks or more to complete.

I'm committed :D

7 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

I'm committed :D

We believe in you!

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!