Most hated connector in a PC

light-v

Y'all have way too many problems with molex, try a different power supply because it's not that bad for me. Even holding the connector so the pins are straight, still not as bad as shit like IDE.

Any usb cable ever.

System

Case- Thermaltake Core V21 / CPU - i7 4790 / GPU - Asus Strix GTX 1070 / Mobo - Gigabyte Z97 mx / Ram - 4x4 gb GSkill Sniper DDR3 1866 / Storage - 2x WD Black 1tb drives, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD / Cooler - Cooler Master TX3 / PSU - EVGA G2 650w / Audio - Sennheiser PC 350 SE / Monitor - Asus 1920X1080 @60hz / Keyboard & Mouse - Cooler Master Devastator II / OS - Windows 10 Enterprise

Molex pins are loose and won't align properly it's like force-plugging two dvi male cables together and hope that it works. Thank god molex is extinct now but sadly my Phantom 410 still use a molex for the fan controller... I have a modular PSU so that's an extra cable for a stupid connector 

18 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

LED + - Reset Power up all those tiny ones that you never truly know where to stick it in

This is 100% true. Always afraid of breaking the pins with those :S 

Midori:

Specs: Intel i5 4690K | Asus Strix GTX 1070 |  2x4gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @1600MHz| Samsung 850 Pro 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 750W | NZXT H440 Black/Green

Cooling:|2 Stock NZXT Case fans | 2 Noctua F-A14 FLXNoctua NF-P14S-1200 |

Peripherals: Corsair LUX RGB K70 Silent| Corsair RGB Sabre | Audio Technica M40X

Those super old ATA cables that snap if you bend them too hard.

(Also they're quite long so good luck connecting your HDD)

Front usb 3.0 especially when its double or triple thickness it is ridiculously stiff and never goes in fully.

also 24 pin power, it bends the shit out of my mobo when i connect it and its fucking scary

I would have to say 24-pin, front panel connectors, or even PCIe.

For front panel, there should be one connector and every motherboard should have a standard layout.  We've standardized everything else, why not this?

Also, 24-pin, it's a bitch to plug in sometimes.

As for PCIe, I feel like it's never in all the way.  I swear the second 8-pin for my GPU doesn't actually clip down.  (It does, but it doesn't feel like that when plugging it in)

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Can we add some more common to mobile too plz?

djvOc.png (735×468)

For me, that connector is a pain in the butt! There are only a couple of fully reversible micro-usb connectors and thank gods they exist. Its so small and annoying to put in your phones, tablets or even eletronics with these to charge, mightaswell just stick with regular USB or proprietary ports.

Groomlake Authority

Mini HDMI. I've gone through 2 of those mini to HDMI adapters because they're designed in such a way that the weight of the adapter and the attached cable is guaranteed to snap off the tiny connector on the adapter.

mlW6gMl4sm7fRKkaTxwYzaQ.jpg

And while we're on the subject of display ports, all VGA out ports should have the mounting screw holes. It's dumb how only the professional grade laptops have this while on consumer laptops, the cable will constantly pull right out or feel like it's going to damage the solder joints of the port it's plugged into.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

PCI-E

You need to push or pull out the gpu correctly while fighting with the stupid lock that's sometimes impossible to reach.

If you do it wrong you break the lock or scratch the motherboard with the pci-e bracket of the gpu, possibly killing the on-board audio (did this twice already...)

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Front I/O connectors. I feel like I need hands the size of a baby to pull it off properly.

I'm going to have to go with Front Panel connectors, especially Power, LED & HDD Front connectors... Seriously how has this not become a standardized layout single plug yet...  

3 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

For front panel, there should be one connector and every motherboard should have a standard layout.  We've standardized everything else, why not this?

Agreed. At the moment ASUS and Gigabyte have designed much more elegant solutions, but we just need all motherboard and case manufacturers to get together and chisel out a new standard, rather than each trying to solve the problem on their own.

2 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Can we add some more common to mobile too plz?

For me, that connector is a pain in the butt!

But you're not supposed to put it in your butt! :D:D:D 

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

The retarded USB 3.0 header with its very fragile pins.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

IF THIS COUNTS...

Some modular supply connectors when doing it in case, cause it requires the power and wrath of 10000 greek gods to push it in sometimes

i AM A TASTY NUUUUUB!!!!! 

Fan connectors, they are hard to remove and always feel like you might be pulling the pins off the board.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

20 hours ago, RadSalacan said:

I know it's not inside the computer, but I've always HATED DVI connectors.  Any video connector that you have to screw in and hard connect to a device is TERRIBLE. So because of that I also hate VGA and the coaxial F connector.  When HDMI and display port caught on and became more popular it was a godsend for me.

well, you don't *have* to use the screws if you don't want to - having the option isn't bad imo

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

ribbon connectors in laptops with the herp-te-derp hinged lock thing that you gotta pick at with ant people sized fingernails. im looking at you macbook

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

21 hours ago, light-v said:

Which connector do you hate the most and why? 

Molex. Because who doesn't love going to plug in a connector and ending up with your thumb skewered?

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

21 hours ago, toastfacegrillah said:

I love plugging ethernet in... especially if i move my switch, get to do 20 in a row, usually walk away with half a chubb. Taking them out is another story.

get that same feeling from a fresh tight displayport :D, that has a lovely "frictioney" kachunk when you plug it in 

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

20 hours ago, RadSalacan said:

I know it's not inside the computer, but I've always HATED DVI connectors.  Any video connector that you have to screw in and hard connect to a device is TERRIBLE. So because of that I also hate VGA and the coaxial F connector.  When HDMI and display port caught on and became more popular it was a godsend for me.

DVI, so many pins, so easily bent

Home PC:

Work PC:

16 hours ago, huilun02 said:

EPS. In a case with everything installed, reaching this connector is an adventure in itself. 

you know this man, always top left right between the rear fan and cpu cooler :D badass levels of dexterity required

Home PC:

Work PC: