Rumor ! - Intel to Launch 12c/24t skylake-x cpu's to crush AMD RYZEN

hopefully the 6 core versions get mover to the consumer platform and 8/10/12c versions are on the extreme edition

LG 34" 21:9 1440p

1080ti EVGA FTW3

i7 8700k @ 5GHz 1.3V Delidded

4 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Yes

No. Not at all, most people knew exactly what to expect from intel on all of those releases. I am not willing to have this conversation with people that cannot be intellectually honest and would answer "Yes" when Ryzen is just so much more hyped.

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 hours ago, LAwLz said:

You could just look at the stock benchmarks

For parts that sell themselves as great overclockers? Nope. I don't think that's fair we're not talking locked intel CPUs here.

-------

Current Rig

-------

5 hours ago, sazrocks said:

Except it's going to cost $1700 again.

exactly, 50% more cores for a lot more in cost. It might crush them but it would he over twice the price.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

28 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

No. Not at all, most people knew exactly what to expect from intel on all of those releases. I am not willing to have this conversation with people that cannot be intellectually honest and would answer "Yes" when Ryzen is just so much more hyped.

1. I meant yes, you are right, but oh well
  2. Since when is being hyped a good thing?!?!

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

5 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

TBH, we have to wait for the first reviewers who have PURCHASED the 1800X/1700X/1700, because I am pretty sure that Ryzen review samples are cherry picked... Paul's Hardware CPU looked like it was used when it arrived....

and intel doesnt cherry pick their cpus?, or any company doesnt cherry pick the best of what they got ?

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

9 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:
  1. I meant yes, you are right, but oh well
  2. Since when is being hyped a good thing?!?!

1.- My bad then

2.- It is not that's my point. Though all communication seems to have broken down not sure why, perhaps I was hasty in my reply.

-------

Current Rig

-------

It's like all of the X series -E parts where it's released to a "money no object" buyer.  If you're dropping $1k+ on a CPU, you want absolute max performance at any cost.

And BTW this isn't even a rumor it's one source basically guessing that Intel *could* release a 12 core HEDT part based on the fact that the 10 core BDW-E part was somewhat of a "surprise" on the roadmap.

Workstation:  14700nonK || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 13700K @ Stock || MSI Z690 DDR4 || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3060 RTX Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

16 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

and intel doesnt cherry pick their cpus?

It doesn't look like they are doing this... Reviewers got results that were in line with what most consumer CPUs could do

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

It doesn't look like they are doing this... Reviewers got results that were in line with what most consumer CPUs could do

im just a little confused at what exactly is going on tbh 

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

Just now, KOMTechAndGaming said:

im just a little confused at what exactly is going on tbh 

Well we are just concerned that AMD will be cherry picking the CPUs that they are sending out to reviewers, because, from what Paul's Hardware said in his unboxing video, the CPUs have been tested :D

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Well we are just concerned that AMD will be cherry picking the CPUs that they are sending out to reviewers, because, from what Paul's Hardware said in his unboxing video, the CPUs have been tested :D

one of the cpus(1800x) was used

well doesnt everyone cherry pick their products to show of the best they can do?

6 hours ago, UMxMarky94 said:

main question, WHY ?

this could lead to them being broken up if AMD goes under

I dont think so. We need someone pushing the High End Platforms. Intel can afford to throw more cores at the problem. AMD will still have a market between $50 and $500. Intel has the $2000 market. I hope AMD comes swinging next year with some crazy 20 core 40 thread beast.. not likely.

(Hope this makes sense)

Idk if id ever get thar 12 core cpu. My 6core 5820k is still overkill for me. 

1 minute ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

one of the cpus(1800x) was used

Apparently, all. From what AMD told to Paul, they have tested the CPUs and motherboards that they sent out...

3 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

well doesnt everyone cherry pick their products to show of the best they can do?

Not really... At least not in a way that is noticeable xD

11 hours ago, tomotomov92 said:

The X99 and X299 platforms will be focused more at ppl that need more PCI-E and RAM with high core count and possibility for OC - everything else is already available with the Xeons.

Essentially transforming the X-chipset from a consumer/enthusiast platform into a server platform if Xeons are the only tangible reason to invest into it. AM4 on the other hand only targets the consumer/mainstream market. They're appealing to two completely different audiences if Ryzen is successful.

Put it this way; Ryzen is basically between Intel's consumer and enthusiast platforms which are Z170/Z270 and X99 respectively. Offering higher core count CPUs while not possessing any of the high-end features that usually come with Intel's HEDT lineups (quad channel and PCIe lanes respectively), effectively creating a combination of the two and giving consumers more choices rather than reserving them for people with extremely deep pockets. I want Intel to do that too, instead of trying to consolidate their grasp on the high-end workstation market.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

7 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Intel does cherry pick, but they're also sending out cherry picked engineering samples that are essentially the final product, after the final product validation.

7 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Apparently, all. From what AMD told to Paul, they have tested the CPUs and motherboards that they sent out...

AMD disclosed to Paul that the CPUs and mainboards were those AMD was using in their last round of live demos. They're the of a similar vein as Intel's review samples - final products that have passed the final validation before shipment. The difference being, Ryzen's last engineering samples have been branded.

Chances are, these chips aren't cherry picked all that well. AMD would only benefit in the short term, and they're prone to playing the long term game. One should remember that they're gunning to sale Zen+ relatively well upon launch day, so Ryzen really needs to do what they've been saying, with the odds of what they've said being misinterpreted (a la Fury X, Bulldozer, RX 480) being reduced as much as possible.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I feel like making my next CPU an AMD purchase.

Intel also has great products, but their company is Shady AF, AMD could be too for all I know, I mean they are corporations, but Intel definitely is. I like to look at the engineers rather than the businessmen and from what little I've seen of AMD's workers, they seem really passionate. Ofcourse I've never actually seen any content with Intel workers, they don't have much of a "PR" aspect from what I've seen.

I really just want to make it a sort of symbolic investment towards AMD's future by buying from them and that I do want to see them make more products. Not like Ryzen can be worse than my Ivy bridge right?

Bugatti was upset that their $1.3million Veyron wasn't selling well against the $17,000 Dodge Dart, so they released the $2.3million Chiron.

I love when I can use a car analogy when talking about tech.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

13 hours ago, goodtofufriday said:

Whether is be intel or amd, whats wrong with cherry picked? It demonstrates what someone can get from the silicon lottery, which is something any enthusiast is well aware of and would want to know.

I completely disagree.  I want to know the mean and mode averages solid, with a sprinkling of knowledge for the nth potential of performance.  Grinds my gears that everyone has to pay more to cover the costs of wannabe enthusiasts repeatedly returning non-golden chips to the distribution system.

Anyways, in order to find averages we need larger genuine sample sizes at random.  Not cherry picked, and misleading samples.

15 hours ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

A lot of the reviewers are having to buy their 1700/1700x's as they are being sent 1800x's. I'll be looking forward to Jayz video as he has to buy all 3 if he wants to review all 3.

you should be able to emulate 1700 and 1700x performance with a 1800x. All you have to do is go to the bios, underclock it and toggle off XFR.

To use the Jalopnik unit of measurement:  Yes, I'm sure Intel's 12core Skylake-X chip is going to be obscene, but how many first generation mazda miata's could I purchase for the price of that CPU?

If it gets too expensive, it becomes an abstraction for 99% of the market.  I get the idea of a halo product, I really do, but a potentially $1700 CPU is about as relevant to the average computer enthusiast as a Bugatti Chiron is to someone who buys themselves a new WRX to celebrate getting a great job.

Like I could comfortably build two R7 systems for the price of just the CPU.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

If intel doesn't charge over $900 dollars for this supposed crap I'm gonna be soooo f**king suprised.

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)