Rumor ! - Intel to Launch 12c/24t skylake-x cpu's to crush AMD RYZEN

4 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

I'll take relative performance results fairly but not going to take any overclocking Jay does seriously. Out of everyone to send a binned chip to Jay would be the one they do it for.

Also, I don't trust any company that sends out products. I mean, look at the XFX GTR 480 they sent him, a fucking golden one. Ya, the GTR is good but not that good

This is all I advocate for really: Watch the videos, see how they hold up to actual customer numbers once they start to come in and even be cautious for a few weeks for any major tech issues with the new platform and only then pluck down your 400 bucks for a chip.

It's sad to see that a skeptical mindset is seen so unfavorably by people but not surprising: Tech companies, specially AMD, just love to hype by any means necessary to facilitate sales.

-------

Current Rig

-------

12 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

TBH, we have to wait for the first reviewers who have PURCHASED the 1800X/1700X/1700, because I am pretty sure that Ryzen review samples are cherry picked... Paul's Hardware CPU looked like it was used when it arrived....

Whether is be intel or amd, whats wrong with cherry picked? It demonstrates what someone can get from the silicon lottery, which is something any enthusiast is well aware of and would want to know.

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

Just now, Misanthrope said:

This is all I advocate for really: Watch the videos, see how they hold up to actual customer numbers once they start to come in and even be cautious for a few weeks for any major tech issues with the new platform and only then pluck down your 400 bucks for a chip.

It's sad to see that a skeptical mindset is seen so unfavorably by people but not surprising: Tech companies, specially AMD, just love to hype by any means necessary to facilitate sales.

Ya, I'll admit I am super tempted to sell my 6700k and Extreme4 for a fear that if the R7 1700 is good, the 6700k is going to drop like rocks in the used market. It already has gone down to $240-$250 because of Microcenter (even though these were normal prices a few months ago) recently dropping their 6700k in price again. Still tempted because I can sell them atm for a loss of only $15 after taxes lol because of what I bought my Extreme4 for. Still, even if I can return it and get a used 6700 and mobo I'd probably make out on top with a few bucks but ehhh, gut really is telling me just wait a month and see how it plays out but having no job is telling me to just do it lel

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

2 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

Whether is be intel or amd, whats wrong with cherry picked? It demonstrates what someone can get from the silicon lottery, which is something any enthusiast is well aware of and would want to know.

When 5-6 people get cherry picked 1800x's and they all reach 4.8Ghz are you going to believe your 1800x can reach that?

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

2 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

When 5-6 people get cherry picked 1800x's and they all reach 4.8Ghz are you going to believe your 1800x can reach that?

I'm going to believe that after playing the silicon lottery I can reach that.

You seemed to have missed the bit about silicon lottery.

The point was knowing whats the best I can get after playing the Silicon Lottery.

Silicon Lottery.

1 minute ago, goodtofufriday said:

Whether is be intel or amd, whats wrong with cherry picked?

The fact that it is cherry picked, which means that it overclocks above average, so you are unlikely to get the same clocks as the reviewer...

1 minute ago, goodtofufriday said:

The point was knowing whats the best I can get after playing the silicon lottery.

So, you want to know what 1 out of 1000 CPUs can do and you don't GAF about how most CPUs will overclock?

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

The fact that it is cherry picked, which means that it overclocks above average, so you are unlikely to get the same clocks as the reviewer...

So, you want to know what 1 out of 1000 CPUs can do and you don't GAF about how most CPUs will overclock?

I cant want to know both? 

4 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

The point was knowing whats the best I can get after playing the Silicon Lottery.

Silicon Lottery.

Lotteries can be rigged. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, goodtofufriday said:

The point was knowing whats the best I can get after playing the silicon lottery.

Silicon Lottery.

So you don't care even if it took them 200 chips to find 1 of those 4.8 chips? I understand it is a lottery but if you want real numbers wait and see what the average is on HWBot

You can, but how will you know if ALL reviewers have CPUs that are cherry picked?

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

Lotteries can be rigged. 

8414708.jpg

Got me there.

1 minute ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

So you don't care even if it took them 200 chips to find 1 of those 4.8 chips? I understand it is a lottery but if you want real numbers wait and see what the average is on HWBot

@PCGuy_5960 You know as well as I do other people will buy off the self processors, and that places like pauls hardware will test off the shelf ones too later on.

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

You can, but how will you know if ALL reviewers have CPUs that are cherry picked?

6 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

@PCGuy_5960 You know as well as I do other people will buy off the self processors

Yes, but most of them won't publish reviews....

6 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

and that places like pauls hardware will test off the shelf ones too later on.

No they won't.

Did Paul test an off the shelf 7700K? No

Did he test an off the shelf 6950X? No

Did he test an off the shelf 5960X? No

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Yes, but most of them won't publish reviews....

No they won't.

Did Paul test an off the shelf 7700K? No

Did he test an off the shelf 6950X? No

Did he test an off the shelf 5960X? No

Did any of those 3 chips were met with as much speculation and hype as Ryzen has generated? No.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

Did any of those 3 chips were met with as much speculation and hype as Ryzen has generated? No.

Yes, but what do you think will make a reviewer want to buy a Ryzen CPU if he already has all of them?

If true, it's obvious that Intel is trying to grasp the performance crown for high-end workstations. If you can't ramp up the clocks (GHz Wars?) and don't have a revolutionary design that will suddenly make single threaded performance significantly better, then the only way you can go up is with more cores. Plus, it holds good PR value too. It's worked for them in the past and it's also working with NVIDIA.

But in all honesty, I think Intel should concentrate more on the mainstream desktop market like AMD has (will?). I would prefer it if they redid and streamlined their entire lineups and started to integrate all of their processors (including their higher core offerings) into a single socket/lineup like AMD has with AM4. With better pricing, of course.

Anyhoo, if Ryzen is successful (and I hope it is), maybe it will motivate Intel to have more "realistic" pricing for this alleged dodecacore monster... and to not require you to sell your entire family just to be able to afford one. Perhaps AMD's Naples might counter this?

The future is exciting.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

30 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

I don't trust AMD so it's the fruit of the poisonous tree: They could end up reporting inaccurately through no fault of their own.

You could just look at the stock benchmarks, then look at the overclocked benchmarks, and expect to get performance somewhere in the middle or slightly towards the OC results, if you suspect that AMD is sending out golden samples to reviewers.

17 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

It's a very dishonest thing to do. Reviewers are meant to show consumers what they will get if they buy a product. It should not showcase what a consumer might get if they hit the jackpot.

Remember that CS:GO gambling site that a youtuber pretended like he just found when in reality he owned the site? It's the same deal here. You could say that his videos were "demonstrating what someone could get if they were extremely lucky", but that's dishonest and does not belong in a review. At least not if someone is intentionally giving reviewers samples which are better that what the average consumer will get.

If it happens unintentionally then fine. If a lottery company sent out two tickets to 20 people and most people didn't win anything or just a few dollars, then that's fair. If every single "reviewer" of the lottery system hit the jackpot and went "wow look at how good this lottery is! Everyone wins all the time!" then it's scummy.

1 minute ago, HKZeroFive said:

But in all honesty, I think Intel should concentrate more on the mainstream desktop market like AMD. I would prefer it if they redid and streamlined their entire lineups and started to integrate all of their processors (including their higher core offerings) into a single socket/lineup like AMD has with AM4. With better pricing, of course.

Well AMD is using one socket for AM4 but there is something different with Intel - in their extreme platform they support a lot more PCI-E lanes on the CPUs and Quad Channel Memory - both of these things are missing from AM4 unfortunately.

AM4 is more like the 100 and 200 chipsets from Intel - more mainstream for PCI-E and Memory Channels.

11 minutes ago, tomotomov92 said:

Well AMD is using one socket for AM4 but there is something different with Intel - in their extreme platform they support a lot more PCI-E lanes on the CPUs and Quad Channel Memory - both of these things are missing from AM4 unfortunately.

AM4 is more like the 100 and 200 chipsets from Intel - more mainstream for PCI-E and Memory Channels.

It can be argued that the consumer market doesn't require that many PCIe lanes in the first place. Although quad channel gives you an advantage when it comes to bandwidth, I haven't seen any noteworthy improvements in most applications when compared to dual channel. Perhaps someone could correct me there.

You have to remember that AM4 is targeting the consumer market and these sacrifices in features contribute to the lower cost of the platform itself in order to be more affordable to a broader range of consumers.

If Ryzen 7 is as good as AMD says, I don't see anyone going on the X99 platform just for those two features.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

1 hour ago, sazrocks said:

Except it's going to cost $1700 again.

Nah, that's too cheap. Try 2700$

10 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

It can be argued that the consumer market doesn't require that many PCIe lanes in the first place. Although quad channel gives you an advantage when it comes to bandwidth, I haven't seen any noteworthy improvements in most applications when compared to dual channel. Perhaps someone could correct me there.

You have to remember that AM4 is targeting the consumer market and these sacrifices in features contribute to the lower cost of the platform itself in order to be more affordable to a broader range of consumers.

If Ryzen 7 is as good as AMD says, I don't see anyone going on the X99 platform just for those two features.

Yeah, I know that not too much ppl need those things but this is the difference between having only one platform.

Actually going to the X99 platform is not justified right now if you don't need a lot of PCI-E lanes and/or a lot of memory (1151 and AM4 can both support up to 64GB RAM).

Those things are really conditional.

For once - AMD is mainstreaming 8c/16t to a unified platform and by keeping the costs low - sacrificing on PCI-E lanes by putting them just between the 1151 flagship CPU (20 with 7700k) and 2011 v3 cheapest CPU ( 28 with 6800k) at 24 PCI-E lanes.

It is nice for having dual GPU at x8/x8 (this bottlenecks really small portion of software even with Titan XP) and still have 8 free PCI-E Lanes for M.2 or anything else that can connect directly to the CPU.

It's a really catchy topic.

Don't understand me wrong - Ryzen and the AM4 platform is a really good thing to get in the market right now as a lot of ppl need something more mainstream with more cores.

The X99 and X299 platforms will be focused more at ppl that need more PCI-E and RAM with high core count and possibility for OC - everything else is already available with the Xeons.

You know - from what I can see right now the market is going to be diverse in the following years and it's only a good thing if everything is placed in the correct price tear.

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

I don't trust AMD so it's the fruit of the poisonous tree: They could end up reporting inaccurately through no fault of their own.

tbh, they wouldn't do themselves a favor if they just give the reviewers the golden samples and whatnot and the actual product you can buy is pretty shit.

they may be golden samples for ocing, but the standard performance should be the same, otherwise they would f*** themselves quit badly (and it would be much work to change the architecture for reviews only). So I will take any non oc'ed results serious, but overclocked ones not so much

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

14 minutes ago, rhavimarques said:

dat clickbait.

that's like saying mercedes is coming out with a new version of their top sedan to crush the honda civic market.

valid point :D 

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

"

AMD Ryzen Terror

"

Lol, this is a objective news post xD

"Ryzen is doing really well in 1440p and 4K gaming when the applications are more graphics bound" - Dr. Lisa Su, 2017