Rumor ! - Intel to Launch 12c/24t skylake-x cpu's to crush AMD RYZEN

What Lisa Su said was that in the desktop market only 1% of customers buy CPUs that are more than usd500.

So I don't think AMD will worry too much for example about intel selling a usd1300 flagship chip.

the server market is a different story.

Intels gonna have to pull some serious speed out of that 12 core and all the rest of their next chips if they want to compete. Ryzen seems to be kind of a best of both worlds with many cores for what needs it and high speed for games. 

remember - Ryzen 5 and 3 are still to come. the cheaper but i guess still good ones. (I'm guessing it's gonna be 6 cores on 5 and 4 cores on 3.)

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

16 hours ago, sazrocks said:

Except it's going to cost $1700 again.

if thats USD, the AUS price would be around about $3200-3700. ($$ exchange + 40% of Bullshit tax's)

so when AMD make a AM4+ for anywhere between $800-1500 its still a better buy.
as is the Kabylakes i5 are in the $300+ and i7 are $400-500.

Intels Prices are retarded once exchanged here. 6900K is $1500, the 6950K is $2200+

AMD's lower Prices high performance is a very welcome sight

1 minute ago, ArcThanatos said:

if thats USD, the AUS price would be around about $3200-3700. ($$ exchange + 40% of Bullshit tax's)

so when AMD make a AM4+ for anywhere between $800-1500 its still a better buy.
as is the Kabylakes i5 are in the $300+ and i7 are $400-500.

Intels Prices are retarded once exchanged here. 6900K is $1500, the 6950K is $2200+

AMD's lower Prices high performance is a very welcome sight

Very Good example right here.

As a Fellow Aussie I can assure you Intel want's us dead with their prices, it just turns to hell prices here.

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

21 minutes ago, suits said:

Intels gonna have to pull some serious speed out of that 12 core and all the rest of their next chips if they want to compete. Ryzen seems to be kind of a best of both worlds with many cores for what needs it and high speed for games. 

the intel 12 core if true I don't think will compete with ryzen. It will be lower clocked and just specialize in parallel workloads. Kinda like a server chip.

1 minute ago, Rika Shiguma said:

Very Good example right here.

As a Fellow Aussie I can assure you Intel want's us dead with their prices, it just turns to hell prices here.

they must have aussie pollys working at intel, cos no one trys to fuck their own people like aussie pollys

Just now, ArcThanatos said:

they must have aussie pollys working at intel, cos no one trys to fuck their own people like aussie pollys

That joke of a Treasurer Joe Hockey is basically causing our gst shit to go up on all imports from july 2017. THAT MONTH IS MY BIRTHDAY THOSE PRICKS!

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

Just now, Rika Shiguma said:

That joke of a Treasurer Joe Hockey is basically causing our gst shit to go up on all imports from july 2017. THAT MONTH IS MY BIRTHDAY THOSE PRICKS!

mate i live out in the rural, people in the citys complain about high prices, try buying a PC out here, shop in town wants $2200 for a sandybrigde model PC with not even 1TB..
buying any PC parts here is rediculous, rent is garbage cos of the mines that only fuck the town over. pollys are increasing texts slashing salary and i need a new PC, if it wasn't for Ryzen id have to get a fucking shitty as intel because they dont like just anyone having a good PC, they dont like use commoners...
so if intel comes out with a $3000+ chip to compete with a $700 ryzen (AUD) then not only are they being pathetic and moronic, but greedy cunts.

Just now, ArcThanatos said:

mate i live out in the rural, people in the citys complain about high prices, try buying a PC out here, shop in town wants $2200 for a sandybrigde model PC with not even 1TB..
buying any PC parts here is rediculous, rent is garbage cos of the mines that only fuck the town over. pollys are increasing texts slashing salary and i need a new PC, if it wasn't for Ryzen id have to get a fucking shitty as intel because they dont like just anyone having a good PC, they dont like use commoners...
so if intel comes out with a $3000+ chip to compete with a $700 ryzen (AUD) then not only are they being pathetic and moronic, but greedy cunts.

2.2k for a f*cking sandybridge model? *shoots self*

dude, I'm probs just gonna wait for ryzen 5 to come out in australia. It will be cheaper and will probably have like 6 cores/4 cores (maybe 4 cores is on the 3 line up.)

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

dude, I'm probs just gonna wait for ryzen 5 to come out in australia. It will be cheaper and will probably have like 6 cores/4 cores (maybe 4 cores is on the 3 line up.)

mate im going for the R7 1700 (maybe the x model)
i want something decent and that will last a while. also i wanna learn to do more stuff then just game. AMD is bringing enthusiast gear to us common folk. intels rebuttal make new chip make it expensive..... fucking hell, i cant wait to see the next 2011-3 line up prices, cheapest one i have seen is $800+

and its about on par with the ryzen 1700. at $470. i can get a CPU mobo and 16GB for about same price as a 6800K (+/-  a few $$)

1 minute ago, ArcThanatos said:

mate im going for the R7 1700 (maybe the x model)
i want something decent and that will last a while. also i wanna learn to do more stuff then just game. AMD is bringing enthusiast gear to us common folk. intels rebuttal make new chip make it expensive..... fucking hell, i cant wait to see the next 2011-3 line up prices, cheapest one i have seen is $800+

and its about on par with the ryzen 1700. at $470. i can get a CPU mobo and 16GB for about same price as a 6800K (+/-  a few $$)

Only reason I'll go R5 Is because I'm not looking for something all that very very good. just something thats better than what i have lol. I'm hoping R5 comes out soon

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

Only reason I'll go R5 Is because I'm not looking for something all that very very good. just something thats better than what i have lol. I'm hoping R5 comes out soon

Q2 (probably end of Q2.. who knows) but from some things i seen the R5 1600X is suppose to be pretty damn fighty. its not to far behind the 1700x and from some "leaks" if you can trust them... thou most have been on par for course so far, its stomping on the 7700K but for less... id stick it out, i been waiting since 2015 for Ryzen.. im sure u can wait a few months

2 minutes ago, ArcThanatos said:

Q2 (probably end of Q2.. who knows) but from some things i seen the R5 1600X is suppose to be pretty damn fighty. its not to far behind the 1700x and from some "leaks" if you can trust them... thou most have been on par for course so far, its stomping on the 7700K but for less... id stick it out, i been waiting since 2015 for Ryzen.. im sure u can wait a few months

I am going to wait. from what im reading its good 

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

29 minutes ago, Rika Shiguma said:

the r5 1600x will be the one to watch for gamers. It boosts upto 4.0Ghz from 3.6Ghz base (same clocks as the r7 1800x) and it also has xfr. So gaming performance will be as good as the 1800x. And since it has 6 cores 12 threads when it comes to other heavy multithreaded tasks it will leave intel i5 in the dust. If AMD had made that available at launch it would have affected the initial sales of the r7.

And it'll cost a lot of money and won't be very competitive against AMD. Intel doesn't stand a chance against AMD this time. 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

3 minutes ago, sof006 said:

And it'll cost a lot of money and won't be very competitive against AMD. Intel doesn't stand a chance against AMD this time. 

and im suuuper happy about this, id be stooked to see AMD back around 50% market share... aaah those where the days

6 minutes ago, Humbug said:

the r5 1600x will be the one to watch for gamers. It boosts upto 4.0Ghz from 3.6Ghz base (same clocks as the r7 1800x) and it also has xfr. So gaming performance will be as good as the 1800x. And since it has 6 cores 12 threads when it comes to other heavy multithreaded tasks it will leave intel i5 in the dust. If AMD had made that available at launch it would have affected the initial sales of the r7.

I mean, Listen to this. Why pay for a 4 core cpu thats $245 AUD (i5-6400) When you can pay $240 (ik ik 5 dollars cheaper) for 4 cores 12 threads with a base of somewhere in the midst of 3.0GHz.

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

17 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Before any "crushing" happens we need independent reviews (as in people buying retail chips, not "Independent" reviewers being handed cherry picked review samples by AMD) so we know what exactly needs to be crushed.

So your theory is (honestly) that AMD has special chips whose MHz are magical that perform better than the ones the general public will get?

Do you have any idea what it would cost to have a special part just for that? 

Give your head a shake.

1 minute ago, LinusTech said:

So your theory is (honestly) that AMD has special chips whose MHz are magical that perform better than the ones the general public will get?

Give your head a shake.

holy crap this is the first thread ive been in with mr.linus himself replying o.O

I'm sure amd wouldn't keep to themselves a nice 4.6GhZ chip with like 12 cores lol

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

12 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

He is probably referring to silicon lottery. E.g. He thinks AMD for example will look at 30 chips and choose the best overclocker to send to LTT.

10 minutes ago, Humbug said:

He is probably referring to silicon lottery. E.g. He thinks AMD for example will look at 30 chips and choose the best overclocker to send to LTT.

Even that would be completely untenable on the kind of scale that a business like AMD/Intel operates at.

That kind of Mickey Mouse nonsense might have happened in the past with ES chips in the old days, but reviewers have retail Ryzen chips. There's no pixie dust in them.

27 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

Give your head a shake.

why not, its completely possible. i mean for all we know there are tiny tiny ompa lompas hyped up on redbull driving V8's instead of electrical signals ... ever thought about that  0_o

1 minute ago, LinusTech said:

Even that would be completely untenable on the kind of scale that a business like AMD/Intel operates at.

That kind of Mickey Mouse nonsense might have happened in the past with ES chips in the old days, but reviewers have retail Ryzen chips. There's no pixie dust in them.

It's really not that far fetched. What do you think the 9590 was? AMD just discovered a bunch of 8350 chips that had better power, thermals and stability than the average 8350, so they bundled them all up and sold them for more.

All chips gets binned when tested for 1700, 1700X and 1800X classification, and if AMD ran more tests during their first few batches than they might have been able to find a few that exceeds the 1800X standards. Those might get picked and sent to reviewers.

Again, it would not be a hard thing to do.

Now, if they do it or not is up for debate. But if someone is worried then they could just look at the stock results and base their opinion on that, and wait for customer reports for expected OC potential (which will be far more accurate indication of OC potential than a handful of reviewers). Or they could just look at reviewers' OC tests and then remove a few percent to make up for the alleged "slightly better OC potential of the handpicked chips".