The legendary Nokia 3310 is returning to market

32 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

oh no this is going to happen again

You mean the police will be in danger again? Or actually everyone this was aimed at. 

NokiaRiot.png

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

3 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

I doubt it will sell any better there, there are a lot more commodity phones there and a lot of people who would want/could afford a phone would just go for a cheap smartphone.

It's major selling point in first world countries is nostalgia and mindshare. Neither of those exist in third world countries for nokia.

However most people in first world countries won't buy it because it's a feature phone and very, very few people buy those these days. It'd be foolish to market it to first world countries. They'll carry on marketing it to third and second world.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

NokiaRiot.png

I wouldn't want to be within fifty feet of a flying 3310. One of those moving at speed could probably crack a skull.

That or it'd achieve critical density, collapse in on itself and go supernova, and then Earth would be swallowed by the black hole that was once a Nokia.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

You mean the police will be in danger again? Or actually everyone this was aimed at. 

The person that wields such a powerful weapon just needs to throw it at the direction of their target and when it hits the ground it will create a big hole that will eliminate the enemy.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

18 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

The real question is, when will LMG review it.

Good point. @nicklmg, is a review on one of these likely?

And apologies if you don't handle review stuff, I didn't want to tag Linus and Slick as well for fear of appearing spammy.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

2 hours ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Good point. @nicklmg, is a review on one of these likely?

And apologies if you don't handle review stuff, I didn't want to tag Linus and Slick as well for fear of appearing spammy.

We're trying to get our hands on a few different Nokia phones. No promises.

Do people acctually understand that the dumbphones acctually have the good batterylife because they don't have all the features of the smartphones? The biggest parts that consume power in phones are the OLED screen and many connections (WLAN, 2G/3G/4G, GPS, BT) and only by using all black themes and shutting down any unneeded connections you can make a huge difference in batterylife.

I acctually look forward to this and probably end up buying one. Just because my 3330 (3310 with WAP for por... "internet" articles) was probably the best phone for hiking (before it fell into a lake) and that with modern battery technologies would be just excelent as camping/hiking phone and I wouldn't need to carry all that extra weight from batterypacks.

3 hours ago, Dackzy said:

oh no this is going to happen againnokia.jpg

Yeah you will probably have to pass a background check to make sure you are not a terrorist.

On 15/02/2017 at 0:28 PM, XenosTech said:

A week ??? The hell were you doing ? I lasted a month on a single charge.... heck I forgot the phone at school over summer and came back in september and it still had 2 bars

I'm talking about smartphones here. A battery lasting a week in a modern smartphone would be much much better than the average crappy autonomy of nowadays devices (which usually last 2 to 3 days before needing to hug the wall again).
I know mobiles phones like the 3310 are near impossible to drain before a month. I'm only wishing for a smartphone that takes a page from the good old days mobiles' book autonomy-wise.

20 minutes ago, Thiback said:

I'm talking about smartphones here. A battery lasting a week in a modern smartphone would be much much better than the average crappy autonomy of nowadays devices (which usually last 2 to 3 days before needing to hug the wall again).
I know mobiles phones like the 3310 are near impossible to drain before a month. I'm only wishing for a smartphone that takes a page from the good old days mobiles' book autonomy-wise.

For that to happen the whole market would have to pull an Apple and compromise on the screen to gain more battery life.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

3 hours ago, XenosTech said:

For that to happen the whole market would have to pull an Apple and compromise on the screen to gain more battery life.

That or go back to 1990s "brick"-cell phone design.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

That or go back to 1990s "brick"-cell phone design.

At least those would be used as hammers back in the day when you were short a hammer.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

If I am not mistaken, some 2G networks have already been abondoned or phased out.  Will this phone operate on 3G and/or 4G?

I just wish they would do something like an N-Gage too. I miss the Pathway to Glory game, it's the best till date when it comes to TBS(imo).

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K, Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING M5, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 2 x 8GB GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X, Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5

Storage: WD Blue 1TB, Samsund 850 EVO 250 GB, PSU: Corsair RM 750X, Display(s): BenQ BL2710PT: Cooling: Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power

Mouse: Gamdias DEMETER II- 3200DPI Gaming Mouse, Operating System: Windows 8.1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh for the love of GabeN !   How can you mess up a legend this bad?

nokia-3310-2017-730x456.jpg

Yup, this is it, the new 3310 ...

Guess I'll stick with my '00 one. 

Imo it's absolutely ugly. And what is that new attrocity called Snake?

3969.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=9f0b33aa001cf3142702539c2906c911

i think it looks pretty neat, but kinda sucks that it's use in western countries will be limited as it's only 900/1800Mhz, and countries are switching off their old 2G bands.

Hands on. 

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

45 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

52 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Image result for dear god face

...that is one ugly phone. Nokia, how did you manage to screw up a design that's nearly two decades old? It's a classic, and now you've made it look like a toy.

On 2/15/2017 at 10:05 PM, Daring said:

So, you want thinner phones with shit battery life? Got it! 218.png_large

> kappa 

what is this wizardry.

[kappa] 

- snip-

What the hell did they do!?

1) That looks ugly as fuck. Why is it not a brick?

2) What the hell did they do to snake? That's not snake II.

3) Why does it have a color screen?

4) Why does it have a camera!?

This is a disgrace to the 3310 name. Just call it the 3315 or something if you're not going to make it an actual 3310.

2 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

2) What the hell did they do to snake? That's not snake II.

3) Why does it have a color screen?

4) Why does it have a camera!?

Sadly, now that I think about it, they never said it would be Snake 2, only Snake. 

It was announced it would be an upgrade with colored screen, and honestly I don't see a problem with these small upgrades, as well as camera for that matter, but that abomination is not 3310. 

13 hours ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Image result for dear god face

...that is one ugly phone. Nokia, how did you manage to screw up a design that's nearly two decades old? It's a classic, and now you've made it look like a toy.

To be fair, I don't think "Nokia" had much to do with this - Nokia (the company) were ruined by Microsoft. This was made by HMD who are licensing the Nokia brand.

But I agree. It's ugly and useless. You can get much better phones cheaper. This looks like it was clearly made for hipsters who probably never even had an original 3310.