PewdiePie, #1 most subcribed youtube channel, alleges youtube is "killing his channel". Says he will delete his channel at 50 million subscribers

Kulegamez

youtube renewd the player so a viewer hass to view the video complete to ad a number to the view. if a viewer leaves in the middle the view does not count. Pewdiepie is asshole. Money greading person.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Yea but I wonder why youtube doesn't announce these changes and make the announcement apparent. Like release notes.

Current Rig (rekt)

Core i7 6950x; Asus ROG Rampage V Edition 10;  Corsair Dominatior Platinum 64gb (4x16); Nvidia Gtx Titan X (Pascal) x2; Lian Li PC-08WBW;

All youtube has to do is wait a month or two and everyone will forget about this as the internet's attention span is easy to wait out.

The content creators who keep on about it will start getting backlash from the community because they are tired of the content creator's complaining nonstop.

19 hours ago, Kulegamez said:

This sounds like a joke but he makes this seem like it is a serious deal.

I love how he thinks it's a conspiracy. This is happening to many, many other channels, even ones much smaller. 

That said, as far as I'm concerned, good riddance. PewDie Pie is a loser anyway

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

1 hour ago, straight_stewie said:

I love how he thinks it's a conspiracy. This is happening to many, many other channels, even ones much smaller. 

If you've ever watched him before, he makes jokes all the while being serious. And you can just tell what's what. The tone in his voice suggested that he was completely joking about the conspiracy part

Back for a while I heard that Google's youtube platform has YET, make a profit for Google. 

They are probably getting more impatient and having a "if all these things we've been doing isn't working, then let's try another method". Whether this another method is going back to the old school click bait or else, they are changing the way that youtube operate, just to make it a profitable business. And how are these changes gonna impact the viewers and the content creators, we haven't yet to find out. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

19 hours ago, Space Reptile said:

back in the day when flash animations wich took weeks to make at times and where creative content was what popular , now its just minecraft lets play #1827812 and dota/csgo stream #1278 followed by FAIL EPIC PRANK  and 2hour vine compilations

Haha yeah and I remember when really simple shit impressed me like when newgrounds was starting to become popular.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 9:45 PM, ARikozuM said:

Note: I don't watch his content.

I doubt he would leave YouTube. If he does make a new channel, the followers will just find him again and get the number back up.

i haven't watched him in awhile but I did watch the video that OP is referring to. he essentially said that youtube obviously wants a new topdog, and that the algorithm is more than likely making it so his subscribers aren't seeing his videos (and he brings up good points, which I was surprised about). he said he's going to make a new account to essentially bring it back up again as a kind of FU to youtube. I honestly can't blame him.

I often wonder about him and the other few people on youtube like him and think about the subscriber count and how legit it really is.  Lets be honest, his demographic is mainly kids, and they tend to be very poor at keeping track of things.  i.e, they'll create an account and then forget it, lose the password, let it get hacked due to insufficient security, or just be too lazy and make another one.  And they'll subscribe to him on each of them.  So at the end of the day, how many of those subscribers are actually unique individuals?  And furthermore, could it be that YouTube is trying a (probably flawed) algorithm to attempt to address this?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 12/5/2016 at 10:45 AM, ARikozuM said:

Note: I don't watch his content.

I doubt he would leave YouTube. If he does make a new channel, the followers will just find him again and get the number back up.

That's exactly what he plans to do. He wants real subscribers who really want to watch his content. :) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 
Toshiba PC L200 1 TB HDD »« Microsoft Windows 10 Home »«

6 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

If you're upset enough to want to leave, you... 

... only do it upon reaching some stretch goal?

Its so illogical its obvious he's doesn't intend to end his channel. The clickbaot meister just doing what he does best. 

That's the thing! He wants to make a point by going from a 50M count to a zero that reaches 50M a month later. His argument would have been more effective if he said "I'm quitting and won't be coming back".

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

36 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I often wonder about him and the other few people on youtube like him and think about the subscriber count and how legit it really is.  Lets be honest, his demographic is mainly kids, and they tend to be very poor at keeping track of things.  i.e, they'll create an account and then forget it, lose the password, let it get hacked due to insufficient security, or just be too lazy and make another one.  And they'll subscribe to him on each of them.  So at the end of the day, how many of those subscribers are actually unique individuals?  And furthermore, could it be that YouTube is trying a (probably flawed) algorithm to attempt to address this?

1k subs is about $10 USD if you know where to buy'em.

10K views is about $5.

(or at least that was the norm 3-4 years ago. These days it might be even cheaper)

Both the subs and the views are generated from stolen, unused or all-round fake accounts. Once the Google Overmind Algorythm deletes or even just bans an account, all the subs it generated go away. As per a (fairly) small scale experiment done by some professors at my old university about 3 years ago, the average subscriber retention rate on a channel with paid-for subs is less than 30%, proving that Google's not standing by idle and, while their methods of tracking down and banning/deleting fake accounts (used to artificially inflate channel numbers) could use improvement, it's pretty damn efficient considering most of the work is most likely automated and only a % requires manual moderation

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

He doesnt need youtube anymore. 

310 000 subs to go. Lets see what happens within a week.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Killing your channel? You have 50 million subs for Gaben's sake! Just stop and be happy instead! :P

On 12/5/2016 at 8:16 AM, deXxterlab97 said:

Yes he will make a new channel but I don't care. Unless

LinusTechTips, #1 most subcribed tech youtube channel, alleges youtube is "killing his channel". Says he will delete his channel at 5 million subscribers

I  thought unbox  therapy  was

BTW look at this

If you add the top 10 TechTubers  subs it is still much less than pewdiepies 

( yes I  am adding unbox MKBHD  and other"Semi  tech channels)

Even if he does delete his channel, he is still rich and still has popularity.

I doubt deleting his account will be too much of a big deal for him.

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

10 hours ago, Scitesh said:

BTW look at this

i really dislike unbox therapy. Dude opens boxes for a living and rakes the dough. I just dont get it. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

10 hours ago, Scitesh said:

BTW look at this

i really dislike unbox therapy. Dude opens boxes for a living and rakes the dough. I just dont get it. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

On 12/4/2016 at 9:47 PM, CptLameJokes said:

Meh, most YouTubers don't rely on Youtube revenue anyway. More news/media coverage maybe just better for him because of sponsors.

If they didn't depend on youtube revenue, why would they post videos...?

2 hours ago, mcfly said:

If they didn't depend on youtube revenue, why would they post videos...?

For sponsorships and Merch  sales

Let's say Paul(from  Paul's hardware)  decides to pull this stunt most people will stop buying his merch 

Unless they are die heart Paul fans for find those designs really  really cool