Unigine Valley Benchmark Scores Thread + SUPERPOSITION ***Over 1000 Submissions!***

Jumper118

yes, or maybe a 295x2, there are some of those going for good prices at the moment and with them being water cooled they could be quite interesting

Sadly the 295x2 remain quite high in price point in the Netherlands at 850, could import from the UK to save me a little, but still international shipping would reduce the difference.

A single MSI R9 290X lightning costs about 400, so 2 of those are still cheaper.

Also I do have to watch the budget a little, I love to play with gpus, but sadly my funds are limited.

On the Titan note, I still regret selling mine, running at 1.2Ghz solid without any issues (boost turned off). Maybe I should get a cheap titan if I can see one.

"Hope, what a concept." - Deunan Knute

Sadly the 295x2 remain quite high in price point in the Netherlands at 850, could import from the UK to save me a little, but still international shipping would reduce the difference.

A single MSI R9 290X lightning costs about 400, so 2 of those are still cheaper.

Also I do have to watch the budget a little, I love to play with gpus, but sadly my funds are limited.

On the Titan note, I still regret selling mine, running at 1.2Ghz solid without any issues (boost turned off). Maybe I should get a cheap titan if I can see one.

thats sucks that 295x2's are so expensive. here in the uk we can get them for £600 at the moment which is a great deal when you consider that 2x970's cost £600

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

thats sucks that 295x2's are so expensive. here in the uk we can get them for £600 at the moment which is a great deal when you consider that 2x970's cost £600

Sure does, would love to get my hands on one of those :) (or 2 :P)

the GTX 970 are going up and down here, supply still sucks for many of them, which hardly surprises me as they are darn nice cards, I mean mine got within 4 FPS in Unique from that titan I mentioned not bad for a card a third the price.

"Hope, what a concept." - Deunan Knute

Sure does, would love to get my hands on one of those :) (or 2 :P)

the GTX 970 are going up and down here, supply still sucks for many of them, which hardly surprises me as they are darn nice cards, I mean mine got within 4 FPS in Unique from that titan I mentioned not bad for a card a third the price.

I do hate that i can't get a second 970 card right now because of supply issues. I decided to try nvidia for once while I was upgrading for that physx. What an improvement from a 7970ghz edition overclocked even at stock speeds. I especially love that they are sooo quite. It's really nice coming from a card that made you think your computer was about to take off next to you ;)

Good luck its gonna take a beast of an overclock to knock it down.

I welcome the competition. 

But for now :P

I am after @MightyUnit as he is only 8 points above me  :angry:

soon...

post-144788-0-02770400-1414617431_thumb.

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

soon...

attachicon.gif77fps.png

if you had a k on then end on that cpu it wouldn't be soon  ;)

also i think i've ballz up the spreadsheet, but i'm not entirely sure what i've done, so if anyone spots anything wrong tell me!

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

soon...

attachicon.gif77fps.png

That is a pretty good improvement! Im gonna have to do a run with my 4790K on my 4.8GHz setting to put a bit more distance between us ;) Temps be damned...

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

We pretty much have the same setup but I am still on the fence if I should step up(Side step) the 780 ti's to 980's.  I always like to compare my scores with other 980's with similar setups and gauge the performance difference.  I have been using 3d mark and all sorts of other benchmarks but it always seems neck and neck.  Some benchmarks, the 780 ti wins, and then others the 980 is clearly the winner.  I am hoping that the 980 ti's come out this December and I will step up to that.  But right now, I am still at a loss.  I am still waiting on more results and custom bios to come out and show that the 980 can really do.  Right now I do not have a custom bios on my 780 ti's and just using MSI Afterburner to somewhat overclock my gpu's.

I have a potato!

We pretty much have the same setup but I am still on the fence if I should step up(Side step) the 780 ti's to 980's.  I always like to compare my scores with other 980's with similar setups and gauge the performance difference.  I have been using 3d mark and all sorts of other benchmarks but it always seems neck and neck.  Some benchmarks, the 780 ti wins, and then others the 980 is clearly the winner.  I am hoping that the 980 ti's come out this December and I will step up to that.  But right now, I am still at a loss.  I am still waiting on more results and custom bios to come out and show that the 980 can really do.  Right now I do not have a custom bios on my 780 ti's and just using MSI Afterburner to somewhat overclock my gpu's.

i wouldn't side grade to a 980 something better will have come out before you know it from nvida like a 980 ti or maybe even amd.

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

That is a pretty good improvement! Im gonna have to do a run with my 4790K on my 4.8GHz setting to put a bit more distance between us ;) Temps be damned...

please... please don't... please don't make me build an x99 system...

Though I'm fairly impressed with the size of the gap given I have a 4690 stock as a rock with the most budget 1,333mhz ram that was ever created... I mean, the PCB is green... GREEN!

Unless temps/noise are a problem and you have money to burn I wouldn't go 980... wait for Ti for sure.

Ill likely sell my 980 when Ti is released - unless a fantaboulos bios allows me to add some more volts to my 980 - its defiantly my limiting factor right now (and the limiting factor for most a/m 980's I am sure) temps are fine, TDP is fine...

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Unigine Valley Benchmark 1.0

[update 18/06/2014]

The old thread is no longer being updated :(

i have spent the last 3 days updating the spreadsheet which i will now update regularly.

The benchmark can be downloaded here:

http://unigine.com/products/valley/

The new rules:

only Extreme HD and basic presets can be used to submit scores. (possible 1440+4K may come later)

please post in this format:

CPU

GPU with core and memory speeds as shown on gpuz, as the inbuilt monitors are not always correct on some cards!

Average FPS

Score

Setting

Captured screenshot of valley.

if you have a link or a photo that is ok, but the above method is preferred.

link to doc with scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlC81MjwelBgdDdfZGdPbERhYi1YYjhXZVREX1ZtUFE#gid=0

if i have made a mistake then just tell us :P

What settings do we run for 4k benchmarks?

What settings do we run for 4k benchmarks?

full screen, ultra, x8 aa, 3840x2160............ basically max out everything apart from 3d :P

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

full screen, ultra, x8 aa, 3840x2160............ basically max out everything apart from 3d :P

Same settings as the 77fps post :-) except more pixels.

post-144788-0-96126000-1414653140.png

please... please don't... please don't make me build an x99 system...

Though I'm fairly impressed with the size of the gap given I have a 4690 stock as a rock with the most budget 1,333mhz ram that was ever created... I mean, the PCB is green... GREEN!

I am very impressed at the scores you are posting with a non K CPU. There is nothing budget about my build and you have been posting scores right there with mine. Goes to show how GPU dependent these benchmarks really are.

That said, I am going to do everything in my power to make sure I stay ahead of you :P

I am also surprised how close our scores are in Unigine Valley but I have a 2000 point advantage on you in 3Dmark Firesrike, that benchmark must be a bit more CPU dependent.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

@Jumper118 I hate to knock my self down a spot but I was looking through the spreadsheet and noticed that Fishys score (#98 overall) is not listed in the single GPU sheet.

@Jumper118 I hate to knock my self down a spot but I was looking through the spreadsheet and noticed that Fishys score (#98 overall) is not listed in the single GPU sheet.

thanks for letting me know, i've fixed that now

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

I am very impressed at the scores you are posting with a non K CPU. There is nothing budget about my build and you have been posting scores right there with mine. Goes to show how GPU dependent these benchmarks really are.

That said, I am going to do everything in my power to make sure I stay ahead of you :P

I am also surprised how close our scores are in Unigine Valley but I have a 2000 point advantage on you in 3Dmark Firesrike, that benchmark must be a bit more CPU dependent.

Competition is good :-)

I was borderline buying a "k" but I decided I would wait for the next gen of intel before splurging (and then I bought a gtx980... herpderp)... unless I get impatient and go full atx x99...

I redid my test with the fans cranked to avoid a strange devolting problem at 68degrees that limits my overclock but I have not re-ran the firestike test with my higher clocks - might do that tonight :-)

Fire strike has a whole section for CPU and the i7 dominates the i5 in this test.

your fire strike:

total: 13,455

graphics: 15,958

physics: 13,225

my fire strike:

total: 11,165

graphics: 14,658

physics: 7197

so you see the gpu gap is actually not allll that much - but I imagine its part my slower clock but more your better cpu/ram :-)

On a separate note - I am really happy I went the gtx980 over the gtx970 simply for the 4k benchmark result, I game at 4k and looking at the (one example) 4k results tab it looks like the gap between the 970/980 is much larger at that res than at 1080/1440... kinda makes me feel the price is more easily justifiable now haha

Competition is good :-)

I was borderline buying a "k" but I decided I would wait for the next gen of intel before splurging (and then I bought a gtx980... herpderp)... unless I get impatient and go full atx x99...

I redid my test with the fans cranked to avoid a strange devolting problem at 68degrees that limits my overclock but I have not re-ran the firestike test with my higher clocks - might do that tonight :-)

Fire strike has a whole section for CPU and the i7 dominates the i5 in this test.

your fire strike:

total: 13,455

graphics: 15,958

physics: 13,225

my fire strike:

total: 11,165

graphics: 14,658

physics: 7197

so you see the gpu gap is actually not allll that much - but I imagine its part my slower clock but more your better cpu/ram :-)

On a separate note - I am really happy I went the gtx980 over the gtx970 simply for the 4k benchmark result, I game at 4k and looking at the (one example) 4k results tab it looks like the gap between the 970/980 is much larger at that res than at 1080/1440... kinda makes me feel the price is more easily justifiable now haha

I also am very happy I went with the 980 over the 970. I am planning to add another 980 and a 4K monitor next year. 

Your right on the 3Dmark difference, my physics score is close to double yours, that accounts for a lot of the difference between our scores. The Graphics scores are much closer. 

Keep pushing! But to warn you, I do plan to run both 3Dmark and Valley with my CPU at 4.8GHz tonight... Probably wont make much difference in valley but I may pick up a few points in 3Dmark.

Ok this is all I have.

4790K @ 4.8 GHz

Strix GTX-980 

Core Clock 1550 MHz

Mem Clock 1897 MHz

00001_zps5cbd1b79.png

There is virtually no difference between an overclocked i7 and a stock i5 in Valley. Saw it on JayzTwoCents with my own eyes. That's why Valley is the best benchmark to measure a GPU's raw power I guess.

INTEL Core i7-4790K  ASUS Maximus VII Ranger  CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 8GB 2133MHz  EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti  SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB  CORSAIR AX860i  CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

There is virtually no difference between an overclocked i7 and a stock i5 in Valley. Saw it on JayzTwoCents with my own eyes. That's why Valley is the best benchmark to measure a GPU's raw power I guess.

We are seeing that same conclusion here as well. @Cheddle is running a non k i5, and no matter how hard I overclock my i7, I cant seem to get much gap between us.

Makes for a very neat GPU benchmark and comparison because of that. 

We are seeing that same conclusion here as well. @Cheddle is running a non k i5, and no matter how hard I overclock my i7, I cant seem to get much gap between us.

Makes for a very neat GPU benchmark and comparison because of that. 

haha good to see you didn't gain tooooo much from the over clock :-P I was starting to sweat it! Did you to a firestrike with CPU overclocked?

I also am very happy I went with the 980 over the 970. I am planning to add another 980 and a 4K monitor next year. 

Your right on the 3Dmark difference, my physics score is close to double yours, that accounts for a lot of the difference between our scores. The Graphics scores are much closer. 

Keep pushing! But to warn you, I do plan to run both 3Dmark and Valley with my CPU at 4.8GHz tonight... Probably wont make much difference in valley but I may pick up a few points in 3Dmark.

I've got a 4k screen (so f^&*ng preety to look at) and the single gt980 does a good job, im not usually frame locked though and I require vsync at all times so I do notice the slow down if Im not bashing the 60fps ceiling. - I tend to play with the graphics settings to find a sweet spot.

farcry 3, civ beyond earth, evil within, all love the single gtx at 4k

I ran crossfire r9 290's and they had a good deal of power for 4k games however crossfire/sli has its own draw backs and compared to a single card just cant seem to hold as smooth a frame rate... its really application dependant, tomb raider was utterly flawless with almost 100% scaling but cyris 3, watchdogs, metro last light all had stuttering and smoothness issues and farcry 3 and cs:go were unplayable with crossfire... I don't think I will go back to crossfire/sli - bring on 980ti / 390x

it can mean the difference between having the best score and having the second best score though

Rig Specs:

Asus Zenith III Extreme

haha good to see you didn't gain tooooo much from the over clock :-P I was starting to sweat it! Did you to a firestrike with CPU overclocked?

Yep, I picked up about a hundred points from 4.7 GHz to 4.8 GHz.