President Donald J Trump

GBELILREESE
Go to solution Solved by Blade of Grass,

While we do occasionally allow threads about contentious things regarding politics and religion (reminder, LTT is a technology forum), they are solely allowed on the basis that they do not degrade into a mud slinging contest. This thread has become exceedingly off topic and toxic, and as a result it is now locked. 

18 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

The thing about globalization is that you really can't easily revert things. Sometimes you can't reverse things at all no matter what it's just a bell you can't unring.

Well at least he can stop the TPP

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

18 hours ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

He's gonna leave the Nato and Europe will be attacked by Russia in 3 weeks... I'm leaving for Canada right now x) 

Lets go and pretend we are french ;p 

Let's agree to disagree

I hope they riot and burn crap down in NYC, Portland and wherever else CNN is reporting upset.

46 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

I hope they riot and burn crap down in NYC, Portland and wherever else CNN is reporting upset.

i wanna join these riots because i'm so enraged that the majority of white in america allowed trump to win

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i wanna join these riots because i'm so enraged that the majority of white in america allowed trump to win

I see no point in causing destruction over one candidate winning. In fact, it's completely backwards and hypocritical of the people that claim Trump is going to destroy America, if they themselves set out to destroy it over his victory. 

Also, it has nothing to do with "the majority of white" in America. It was simply the majority of Americans in general. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

11 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Two words

There you go, BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be fair with non-compulsory voting and a FPTP state-based voting system? You can't really know for sure. You can only just assume. But it's worth pointing out that if you rank the popular vote of each candidate for the last couple of decades? This is the top 10 not accounting for population growth:

#1 Obama 2008

#2 Obama 2012
#3 Bush 2004

#4 Romney 2012
#5 McCain 2008

#6 Clinton 2016

#7 Trump 2016
#8 Kerry 2004
#9 Gore 2000
#10 Bush 2000

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

3 minutes ago, MageTank said:

I see no point in causing destruction over one candidate winning. In fact, it's completely backwards and hypocritical of the people that claim Trump is going to destroy America, if they themselves set out to destroy it over his victory. 

Also, it has nothing to do with "the majority of white" in America. It was simply the majority of Americans in general. 

I feel the same way when people call for the assassination of Trump. Certainly, I don't like him, and I wish he'd just go away, but killing him isn't right. He won fair and square, and the people of the U.S. have made their decision of who should lead the country. Let me put it in a way that the regressive, ultra-sensitive left will understand: Killing Trump would be mean, and I would find it offensive. Don't do it. D:

Oh, but I have a slight correction. Technically, Clinton won the popular vote, so it's not necessarily that the majority of Americans prefer Trump. 

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I wonder if Trump will put his children in key roles in his office as pres, or they may have a wider role in Trumps businesses.

Just now, Shakaza said:

I feel the same way when people call for the assassination of Trump. Certainly, I don't like him, and I wish he'd just go away, but killing him isn't right. He won fair and square, and the people of the U.S. have made their decision of who should lead the country. Let me put it in a way that the regressive, ultra-sensitive left will understand: Killing Trump would be mean, and I would find it offensive. Don't do it. D:

Oh, but I have a slight correction. Technically, Clinton won the popular vote, so it's not necessarily that the majority of Americans prefer Trump. 

To be frank, I did not vote in this election. People will try to chastise me for this decision, but I do not care. It might be my right to vote, and people may have died to give me that right, but it's also my right to not be forced to do so, and the same people died for that right as well. I simply did not feel the need to support any of the candidates, as I did not believe in any of them. That being said, it is childish to freak out and refer to the world as "literally ending" when he is not even in office yet. We have not seen him lead a country yet, nor is it right of us to assume he will automatically destroy the world. We have a system of checks and balances. There are others appointed in positions to guide him (and all other presidents for that matter). His power is not absolute. This goes for any presidential candidate.

Those that are worried about their lifestyle being voided over this election, need to band together and approach it rationally, not turn into crying defeatists on social media. We are adults, and this is the real world. We as a species evolve and adapt to situations as they arise. One person being elected president will not change human nature. I just do not believe the solution to be "BURN EVERYTHING!". You are only hurting those that feel the same as you do. 

2 minutes ago, AniJan said:

Haha. America is fucked.

Please, just wait and see. We can complain, protest, or do whatever if/when Trump does something completely idiotic. Until then, we have to keep our heads on our shoulders, trust our fellow citizens(because that is what makes America), and endure. Being pessimistic is not going to change a thing.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I know a good friend with family in Canada, but idk if it's worth the crazy pc component prices.

Today trump supporters are stating to me, now the country can heal and unite. I dont want unity, I want the same level of divisiveness the showed Obama. There was not unity then, why should we unite now. Senate democrats should filibuster every bill that comes along. With only 52 republican senate, this shouldn't be hard to do. They drew first blood. The us vs them shall live on. 

I will personally do my best to remove any democrat here in Florida that wants to compromise 

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

22 minutes ago, Shakaza said:

Please, just wait and see. We can complain, protest, or do whatever if/when Trump does something completely idiotic. Until then, we have to keep our heads on our shoulders, trust our fellow citizens(because that is what makes America), and endure. Being pessimistic is not going to change a thing.

Because the GOP gave Obama a chance, right? 

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

10 minutes ago, Centurius said:

That is no reason to reduce yourself to the level of those you do not agree with. Be better than they are.

Or riot. I am just a random guy on the internet that knows little about politics and has no real say in what people do with their lives. 

21 minutes ago, Biggerisbetter said:

Today trump supporters are stating to me, now the country can heal and unite. I dont want unity, I want the same level of divisiveness the showed Obama. There was not unity then, why should we unite now. Senate democrats should filibuster every bill that comes along. With only 52 republican senate, this should not be hard to do. They drew first blood. The us vs them shall live on. 

I will personally do my best to remove any democrat here in Florida that wants to compromise 

17 minutes ago, Centurius said:

You'd have to organize the Dems to go really low.  The GOP is full of babies that kick and scream when they don't get their way.  They would put many "alt left" people to shame.

Do you think the Dems can unite to be that type of opposition?  I would not think blocking everything is smart (similar to the GOP)... case by case basis maybe.

10 minutes ago, MageTank said:

That is no reason to reduce yourself to the level of those you do not agree with. Be better than they are.

Or riot. I am just a random guy on the internet that knows little about politics and has no real say in what people do with their lives. 

6 minutes ago, stconquest said:

You'd have to organize the Dems to go really low.  The GOP is full of babies that kick and scream when they don't get their way.  They would put many "alt left" people to shame.

Do you think the Dems can unite to be that type of opposition?  I would not think blocking everything is smart (similar to the GOP)... case by case basis maybe.

When you get suckerpunched you don't look the other way, you fight back. Beyond Congress the Democrats have plenty of possibilities to turn the GOP'S voter suppression tactics against them. It might suck to need to play dirty but it's clearly effective.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Just now, Centurius said:

When you get suckerpunched you don't look the other way, you fight back. Beyond Congress the Democrats have plenty of possibilities to turn the GOP'S voter suppression tactics against them. It might suck to need to play dirty but it's clearly effective.

If you could explain how doing so will solve this situation, I'd be happy to hear it. Otherwise, I feel like you are wasting potential energy, and time that could be better spent on a solution that might aid in your quest. 

6 minutes ago, Centurius said:

Right.  When someone has tried to literally punch me (over 50 punches in my life coming at my face), I have never returned a single one.  L2Duck.

Kidding aside, I know what you mean.  I would probably agree with that notion, but it is a band aid solution to the "regressive" tactics of the right.

Got to reorganize the DNC.  Enough of the corporate bullshit.  Trump is a paper champion.  DNC can provide some real champions next time maybe?

Imagine a Warren...  someone not completely disconnected from the liberal base.

22 minutes ago, stconquest said:

What has happened to the republican in 2008 is happening to the Dems now. A large fraction of the dems populist are becoming hardliners. This was caused by the dems wanting to compromise with the repubs and not getting stuff done. Therefore I see a lot of DINO's going down in 2 years. Rioting is wrong and gets you nowhere. However being passionate is the start of a new beginning. Once the repubs try to take away abortion rights, voting rights, and abolish separation of church and state. The fringe dems will be in full effect. 

The dems should have seem this coming years ago. People dont want or like the establishment. What happened in the early 90's with women reproductive rights is going to happen again in 2 to 4 years. Nobody likes being told what to due with their body  

Edited by Biggerisbetter

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

7 minutes ago, Biggerisbetter said:

What has happened to the republican in 2008 is happening to the Dems now. A large fraction of the dems populist are becoming hardliners. This was caused by the dems wanting to compromise with the repubs and not getting stuff done. Therefore I see a lot of DINO's going down in 2 years. Rioting is wrong and gets you nowhere. However being passionate is the start of a new beginning. Once the repubs try to take away abortion rights, voting rights, and abolish separation of church and state. The fringe dems will be in full effect. 

Abortion rights is a big one.  If that goes without a fight, there should be problems.  I have a feeling it will be an early one.  Believe it or not, I see Trump holding Pence off of that one in a closed room...lol.  Trump did say women should be punished, but he talks out of his ass 90% of the time.

I can't disagree with fighting back, not in the least.