President Donald J Trump

GBELILREESE
Go to solution Solved by Blade of Grass,

While we do occasionally allow threads about contentious things regarding politics and religion (reminder, LTT is a technology forum), they are solely allowed on the basis that they do not degrade into a mud slinging contest. This thread has become exceedingly off topic and toxic, and as a result it is now locked. 

13 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

-snip-

That's your take.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

9 hours ago, Biggerisbetter said:

-

The Handjob Dance is killing me ?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

12 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

Well Mitch McConnell warned them this would happen, and he stated he wouldn't set it back since the democrats were the ones to change and abuse the rule first so they reap what they sow.

I had the same thoughts as mitch when it happened.  Agreeing with Mitch was a very weird feeling btw lol. 

4 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Trump won't sign off.  He's not THAT much of an asshole, right?

:|

...that like saying "we want to funnel money to corporations in the form of for-profit healthcare".  Fucking reps... government run healthcare puts all the "profit" back into the healthcare system.

retarded - Canadians would probably start rioting protesting about now.  ;)

I hope Trump repeals Obamacare. 

Obamacare has artificial increased demand (by fining you if you don't get healthcare) and so now prices are allowed to run rampant.

5 minutes ago, Arri said:

I hope Trump repeals Obamacare. 

Obamacare has artificial increased demand (by fining you if you don't get healthcare) and so now prices are allowed to run rampant.

Private healthcare insurance is like a gaping wound.  ACA was like trying to put a bandaid on that wound. 

You are complaining that the bandaid is not sticking to the injured area well. 

Insurance premiums are controlled by who exactly?

6 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Private healthcare insurance is like a gaping wound.  ACA was like trying to put a bandaid on that wound. 

You are complaining that the bandaid is not sticking to the injured area well. 

Insurance premiums are controlled by who exactly?

Healthcare providers who have no competition due to corrupt laws made by the government. 

ACA was not a band-aid, it was a surgical procedure gone horribly wrong and now has exacerbated the wound. I would even opt a single payer system over the half assed dog shit that is obamacare. 

Ugh...im not foing to get into this conversation much what i wiil say is that im very worried about lgbt right and the potential loss of health care.

Also womans rights because woman are my bro(ettes)

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

14 minutes ago, stconquest said:

snip

We're complaining since premiums went up along with deductibles, mine for instance is $4,000, so essentially if I go to the hospital I'd be on the hook for the first $4000 where as before it was $500

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

5 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Good, kill it until you guys can figure out how to have affordable healthcare like everyone else.

Here's a hint: Spend less trillions on your defense budget. Not only because is unnecessary but because it's run with 0 fucking acountability for efficiency and practicality while vets get fucked anyway.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

Here's a hint: Spend less trillions on your defense budget. Not only because is unnecessary but because it's run with 0 fucking acountability for efficiency and practicality while vets get fucked anyway.

Naw, not even close to the problem.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Naw, not even close to the problem.

Budget doesn't allows for socialized health care!

*solves budget issue*

That doesn't works!

-------

Current Rig

-------

*solves budget issue*

That doesn't works!

Would help if you were right about the budget issue being the defense portion, lol.

15 minutes ago, Arri said:

Healthcare providers who have no competition due to corrupt laws made by the government. 

ACA was not a band-aid, it was a surgical procedure gone horribly wrong and now has exacerbated the wound. I would even opt a single payer system over the half assed dog shit that is obamacare. 

You missed my point.  Regardless of how inefficient the implementation of ACA was for those that want/have-to-have private insurance coverage, private insurance for healthcare IS the open wound.

5 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

We're complaining since premiums went up along with deductibles, mine for instance is $4,000, so essentially if I go to the hospital I'd be on the hook for the first $4000 where as before it was $500

Yes.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Would help if you were right about the budget issue being the defense portion, lol.

Yeah let's keep burning 600 billion a year on jet fighter prototypes that never even worked.

-------

Current Rig

-------

5 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

*solves budget issue*

That doesn't works!

$619 billion- defense budget 2013 (bigger than 2014)

$3.0 trillion-Healthcare cost given 2014 pricing

2 minutes ago, stconquest said:

You missed my point.  Regardless of how inefficient the implementation of ACA was for those that want private insurance coverage, private insurance for healthcare IS the open wound.

Yes.

And that was caused by increased cost due to Obamacare as pricing spiked following its implementation and continues to increase more rapidly than prior to it.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

$619 billion- defense budget 2013 (bigger than 2014)

$3.0 trillion-Healthcare cost given 2014 pricing

For profit healthcare cost. Have you adjusted for insurance HMOs not getting their massive cuts of the pie?

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yeah let's keep burning 600 billion a year on jet fighter prototypes that never even worked.

Even if you had a $600B contract that's not a yearly thing. ;) Defense isn't actually that much of the budget that goes directly to war. Most of it is maintaining our bases around the world and payroll, essentially. You want us to cut our defense budget? We're leaving NATO, it's a money sink and a waste of time. Then you'll have the Europeans bitching. We could leave the Pacific but then you'll have people bitching about that too. Even though you're realistically only saving pennies.

No, the problem is not our defense budget, it's two massively broken systems. 1, Social Security. 2, The government funded healthcare block as a whole.

Maybe if the government actually set prices in the healthcare markets everyone would have affordable healthcare without being price-gouged. Government included.

You don't need shit marked up 6,000% because muh capitalism.

budget issue.PNG

And I'm not even touching the subject of Social Security.

The British do it for, in USD 171 Billion.

let's say you have 3 times the population, tha'ts still 510 billion. Still enough budget to have more military budget than any country in the planet. This part doesn't quites work since the population is 5 times not 3 times so you still would need to come up with 100 Billion elsewhere to finance the military on a sensible budget. I suggest also Taxing Wall Street.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

let's say you have 3 times the population, tha'ts still 510 billion. Still enough budget to have more military budget than any country in the planet.

The British don't get to play world police and protect the planet. ;) Still doesn't account for the rest of the money being thrown in a fire.

As much as you hate it, it's not the defense budget.

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

The British don't get to play world police and protect the planet.  

Oh yes we're all thrilled about it please keep doing that.

-------

Current Rig

-------

5 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

For profit healthcare cost. Have you adjusted for insurance HMOs not getting their massive cuts of the pie?

It is still more than the entire military budget

I'll use Canada as an example for pricing since I can't get figures on something that doesn't exist and Canada is similar to the US (spread out facilities increase costs) they spend $137.3 billion for 35 million people times that by 9 and you get 1.2 trillion

3 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

let's say you have 3 times the population, tha'ts still 510 billion. Still enough budget to have more military budget than any country in the planet.

We have 5 times the population so ~850 billion but you have to factor in more facilities due to the US's land mass