President Donald J Trump

GBELILREESE
Go to solution Solved by Blade of Grass,

While we do occasionally allow threads about contentious things regarding politics and religion (reminder, LTT is a technology forum), they are solely allowed on the basis that they do not degrade into a mud slinging contest. This thread has become exceedingly off topic and toxic, and as a result it is now locked. 

11 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Abortion rights is a big one.  If that goes without a fight, there should be problems.  I have a feeling it will be an early one.  Believe it or not, I see Trump holding Pence off of that one in a closed room...lol.  Trump did say women should be punished, but he talks out of his ass 90% of the time.

I can't disagree with fighting back, not in the least.

Just one day after the election, women will make a run on IUD's. Several articles printed today are urging women to get a IUD before trump takes office. In all likelihood birth control will be banned or restricted soon after Jan 20 2017. I'm personally encouraging all my male friends to get a vasectomy. While you still can.   

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

2 minutes ago, Biggerisbetter said:

Just one day after the election, women will make a run on IUD's. Several articles printed today are urging women to get a IUD before trump takes office. In all likelihood birth control will be banned or restricted soon after Jan 20 2017. I'm personally encouraging all my male friends to get a vasectomy.    

I can't imagine what that is like.  Sounds a bit overboard, but I am not in your shoes.  :/  I live in Canada.

19 minutes ago, stconquest said:

I can't imagine what that is like.  Sounds a bit overboard, but I am not in your shoes.  :/  (Canada)

That's what happens when fear of the unknown sets in. The religious right dont approve of contraception and believe people should keep having babies. Its a known fact that the more you make equates to smaller families. 

Americans are more concerned with money than having kids. 

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

6 hours ago, 007agentHP said:

i may be in the minority, but i welcome a Donald Trump Presidency 

I came into the united states as a Immigrant, legally. i spent my time and got my citizenship.  What made my blood boil was that it took me 2 years to get my citizenship in terms of paperwork. Illegal immigrants take less than a year, closer to 6 months (spoken to a few). is that fair? i spent 8 years on a permanent resident green card (which took 1 year to get) and later got my citizenship. is it fair? i think not. deport all illegal immigrants. do what is only fair. 

as much as i'd hate to say it, Syrian refuges cause problems. they do. look at German for example. i dont need to say anymore 

the American people have decided. they are sick of the political machines. the silent majority has spoken the truth. it wont be long until the same starts elsewhere. 

i look forward to 4 years of Donald trump

AgplW.png

Welcome to America, avoid the currently salty democrats and their warzon....I mean "cities". And thank you, for respecting your new country enough to follow the laws even if you disagree with them.

They just can't accept the idea that the majority disagreed with their globalist crap. We've had 8 years of an insane foreign policy that was leading us to complete and utter destruction for the entire world, and now that has been averted.

Also worth pointing out that mass migrations of people, historically, is ALWAYS bad. It always ends with violence and hatred.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

2 hours ago, Biggerisbetter said:

Just one day after the election, women will make a run on IUD's. Several articles printed today are urging women to get a IUD before trump takes office. In all likelihood birth control will be banned or restricted soon after Jan 20 2017. I'm personally encouraging all my male friends to get a vasectomy. While you still can.   

If you really believe that crap, you're a fool.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Proud female voter for Trump here.

I voted for Obama last election and was horribly disappointed with the results. He only destabilized foreign countries, imposed healthcare on people, caused premiums to soar through the roof, divide America, demonize police and conservatives, try to impose harsh restrictions on guns (or remove them), stomp on our Constitution, create ISIL and further ruin foreign relations. Worst of all is his indiscriminate usage of drones that kill thousands of innocent lives across the sea, some even American citizens, to kill a few terrorists.

America needed a change and it did not lie with Hillary Clinton, a corrupt, greedy, lying, racist that got fellow Americans killed with her incompetence. If only she hadn't spearheaded efforts against Bernie Sanders, the Democrats would have had a rightful representation that had no roots in corruption, but no! The DNC and the HRC campaign lied and paid off media to attack Bernie and Trump. How did that pay off, hmm?

She deserved her downfall. The only sad part is the horrible divide amongst Americans. We can't improve our nation like this and I hope Trump can heal the fragile bonds.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

7 hours ago, Biggerisbetter said:

In all likelihood birth control will be banned or restricted soon after Jan 20 2017. 

That is a bit overblown.  People said that when bush became president and it didnt happen then.

The likely scenario is that government funding for birth control may dry up from the federal government, but people will still be able to procure it with their own money. 

Any law that bans birth control et al. would end up in front of the supreme court.  The current SCOTUS swing votes, Roberts & Kennedy, would likely side against it. 

7 hours ago, Biggerisbetter said:

What a fearmongering comment if I ever did see one.

The worst that is going to happen is to stop forcing people to pay for it if they do not want to, especially companies, because it imposes on people's personal beliefs, religious or not. Why should I pay for the irresponsibility of others anyways? Use a condom or keep it in your pants. -_-

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

13 minutes ago, Albatross said:

What a fearmongering comment if I ever did see one.

The worst that is going to happen is to stop forcing people to pay for it if they do not want to, especially companies, because it imposes on people's personal beliefs, religious or not. Why should I pay for the irresponsibility of others anyways? Use a condom or keep it in your pants. -_-

Health insurance should pay for birth control. Why should I pay taxes for babies people dont wont. I want all form of birth control to remain legal. I'm tired of paying taxes for kids that were abandon by thier parents. Let the church take care of them since they dont believe in birth control. Paying taxes for birth control is cheaper than paying taxes for kids in foster homes. I'm not here to save the world. Unwanted Kids are a drain on this country.  

5 minutes ago, Biggerisbetter said:

Health insurance should pay for birth control. Why should I pay taxes for babies people dont wont. I want all form of birth control to remain legal. I'm tired of paying taxes for kids that were abandon by thier parents. Let the church take care of them since they dont believe in birth control.    

It will remain perfectly legal, just probably won't be funded the way it is now. It isn't right to impose this on people, especially since some are religious (Jews, Muslims, Christians).

And comparing children in foster care being funded by tax payers to forcing people to pay for birth control is pretty shaky...

2 minutes ago, AxeFire said:

Screen-Shot-2016-11-09-at-112538.jpg

They should just get out of the country already. That's what they want anyway and they obviously do not care for democracy when it doesn't go their way. I'm sure there are plenty of countries out there that will accept them and their tantrums.

38 minutes ago, Thunderpup said:

Any law that bans birth control et al. would end up in front of the supreme court.  The current SCOTUS swing votes, Roberts & Kennedy, would likely side against it. 

Don't forget that Trump will replace Scalia and given the health and age of many of the Judges of the SCOTUS probably one or 2 more sits even. So it actually could go that way.

This is honestly one of the only pro HRC thoughts I actually agreed with: Trump and by extension Pence having access to appoint to the SCOTUS is potentially devastating for individual rights.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

This is honestly one of the only pro HRC thoughts I actually agreed with: Trump and by extension Pence having access to appoint to the SCOTUS is potentially devastating for individual rights.

When the democrats ended the filibuster rule for presidential appointments i imagine they never thought it would bite them in the ass this big.

How many of the so called protestors are only there for some action in their life?

I bet quite a few. The are lemmings and follow the crowd, with the few instigators mixed in to keep the flow going.

Has this ever happened before in the history of the USA? Not that I can recall.

I hope they all have dispersed and everyday the crowds will get smaller and smaller, until they realize nothing they do will change things and they have to go back to work flipping burgers, making sandwiches, mopping floors, driving uber taxi, eating their gluton free & non GMO food, driving their EV's (Oh wait they still driving gas gusslers).

America has become a joke. I bet Putin and Kim Jung ill and leaders of Pakistan and India are laughing.

11 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Welcome to America, avoid the currently salty democrats and their warzon....I mean "cities". And thank you, for respecting your new country enough to follow the laws even if you disagree with them.

They just can't accept the idea that the majority disagreed with their globalist crap. We've had 8 years of an insane foreign policy that was leading us to complete and utter destruction for the entire world, and now that has been averted.

Also worth pointing out that mass migrations of people, historically, is ALWAYS bad. It always ends with violence and hatred.

To be fair, Clinton won the vote majority. 

Tbh my worst part is the Republican habit of Denying science. Looming doom includes failing antibiotics , climate change, and the energy crises yet everyone's caught up in trivial shit or Denying everything. I supported Hillary on the grounds that my vote will never move towards someone who denies basic science for the popular vote. 

- snip-

11 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

In other news Trump might appoint Myron Ebell the climate change denier for the EPA and Ben Carlson the creationist as the Secretary of Education....shit.

See what I mean? Never, EVER vote anti science. 

- snip-

14 hours ago, Biggerisbetter said:

Considering Obama quite literally made Planned Parenthood funding mandatory by law I don't think that will ever happen.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

10 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

See what I mean? Never, EVER vote anti science. 

To be fair both Hillary and Bernie at least paid lip service to SJWs and they're pretty much science deniers as well but on another, less dangerous level i.e. "Gender is a social construct!" and "Science is racist!" and so forth.

-------

Current Rig

-------

14 minutes ago, MrDynamicMan said:

To be fair, Clinton won the vote majority. 

Tbh my worst part is the Republican habit of Denying science. Looming doom includes failing antibiotics , climate change, and the energy crises yet everyone's caught up in trivial shit or Denying everything. I supported Hillary on the grounds that my vote will never move towards someone who denies basic science for the popular vote. 

You forgot "I've seen kids go autistic from vaccines" Trump himself.

Here have some *hands bleach*

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

To be fair both Hillary and Bernie at least paid lip service to SJWs and they're pretty much science deniers as well but on another, less dangerous level i.e. "Gender is a social construct!" and "Science is racist!" and so forth.

OH yes, of course. The thing is "gender being a social construct" is not an extinction level event. I'd rather have an SJW ass as president for 4 years that hard pushed green energy than the opposite. 

- snip-