[Craplection 2016] Where will you be moving?

Djole123

If Hillary wins, I think you'll be moving.

If Trump wins, I think you'll move aswell.

Where will you guys move? Post your opinions down below.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

5 minutes ago, Djole123 said:

If Hillary wins, I think you'll be moving.

If Trump wins, I think you'll move aswell.

Where will you guys move? Post your opinions down below.

Do you mean other countries? Because of you do, Americans will need to discover that there are other countries out there apart from the USA. That's a big ask for them.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

21 minutes ago, killcomic said:

Do you mean other countries? Because of you do, Americans will need to discover that there are other countries out there apart from the USA. That's a big ask for them.

what are countries?? Do u mean American territories, cause I know what those are? I might move to one of those or to hawaii because trump wont be there

I'm in Los Angeles now, personally I was hoping Slick would adopt me, I'll live out in the open in his Canadian back yard, the winters will be harsh, but tough times call for drastic measures.  To earn my keep, I intend to earn enough money to provide hockey gear to Luke and his entourage (Canadian cash). 

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

My buddy has a dual citizenship in Switzerland so I'm brushing up on European Visa policies . 

Time to move to antarctica!

No seriously if all those rumors are true it's maybe not as bad as you would think O_o

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Antarctica.

Penguins > humans.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

5 hours ago, samcool55 said:

No seriously if all those rumors are true it's maybe not as bad as you would think O_o

1 hour ago, Minibois said:

Antarctica.

Penguins > humans.

14787087151818343.gif

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

Not planning on moving anywhere. I didnt run from the poor decisions of 2012, I wont run from the poor decisions of 2016. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

5 hours ago, samcool55 said:

Minimum age of 21 and you have to work for the NSF. Reason being is that only US Air Force planes are able to land there, you can also only bring 75 pounds of stuff with you due to weight limitations on the plane (need to conserve as much fuel as possible).

Are people really already planning to move? PERSONAL OPINION INCOMING, ALERT, ALERT: I think people are blowing Trump's faults way out of proportion. Frankly, I've never actually heard him say one single racist thing (though I don't really follow politics, if anyone has something like that, please link). I think we should at least wait a few weeks to see what he does. It may not be that bad.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

9 hours ago, killcomic said:

lets start a kickstarter.

"Great World atlas for americans".

the pitch?

let us write a great comprehensive guide of where most americans should go.

The goal?

distribute one of these to every american citizen, irregardless of age, race and sexual orientation.

How much funding do we need?

ALL THE MONEYS!!!

it gonna be great!

Let us make it great!

Nobody will move anywhere. Just groundless blahblah.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I wouldn't leave no matter who won the election.  I'd rather stay and fight than move to another country whose politicians also don't represent me.

That being said if i had to pick a place Switzerland would be a top contender as their gun culture is very similar to our own, and their restrictions are more lenient than our own.

However they, much like most of Europe, also have strict laws against pit bulls ranging from needing a permit to complete bans.  That would be a deal breaker for me.

There will always be a lot of talk, and not so much action. Maybe a tiny number of people will move, but not significantly. I think the biggest hurdle for anyone thinking of moving is, where would they go which will take them? You probably want something not too different to what you are used to, and they tend to have regulations limiting who can move, and under what circumstances.

If I were to leave my current day job, I don't feel tied down to the UK. I've had approaches from Apple, asking if I would consider moving to California to work for them? A great opportunity for someone, but that lifestyle isn't for me. What about Canada? Australia? As of the last time I looked, both have a path where desirable skilled workers can get a foot in the door. Still, getting over the immigration limits will be challenging. I could probably get residency in Hong Kong due to family history, but do I want to? What would I do there? At the end of the day, things would have to get a LOT worse for me to consider any of the options. Most wont get past the complaining stage to the doing something about it stage.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Jesus Christ, people are thinking about moving already?

How about you wait a few months, see what he actually does and then decide if you want to leave?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

No where. Nothing major is going to happen. The same shit as usual will be coming from DC.

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

Or better yet, who among those living outside the US would like to adopt a celebrity who said they'd leave the country if Trump won?

Lena Dunham wants to live in Vancouver.  Think Miley Cyrus said she'd leave.  Lots of celebs want to move to Canada.  Guess Steve Colbert and Cher are a bit out of luck (he wants to move to another planet, and she pick Jupiter).  Cher needs to learn a bit about planets, cause the radiation on Jupiter won't help her complexion.

I think Alex Baldwin said he'd move if George W Bush won back in 2004.  And there were some who threatened to leave if Obama won in 2012, and they're still here.  It's all really just a bunch of hot air by people who are used to getting what they want handed to them.

Hong Kong because A: Was born there and have friends there and B: HOLY SHIT pc parts are cheap as fuck there xD 64GB USB for £9.81 (price of a 32GB one here in England) :D

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

How do you know Trump will be able to achieve anything he claimed he would? He has the whole senate and house to deal with. Though it's Republican controlled, he's not the best of buds with existing Republicans. If anything, they'll be pushing bills on him. 

I want to be impressed by Trump but he's going off lip service like any other previous candidate. And a lot of the stuff he wants to do is simply not feasible (like how most candidates promise things and fail to follow through)

Current: i7 990x / GTX 950 / 12 GB RAM / Micro ATX

Waiting for the next amazing Mini ITX case!