Trump has won

NTDaws
Just now, SCHISCHKA said:

I dont buy the argument that government cant control money. They can shut down & criminalise speculation. Didnt Obama bail out banks and print a shit load of money?

No, monetary policy isn't printing money, and the president doesn't control monetary policy, the Fed does. Of course, there are a lot of pressures from all sides, but ultimately the Federal Reserve is an autonomous entity. The Chair is appointed by democratic institutions, but after that it can't be removed by the federal government.

In an informal sense, people may say the fed "is printing money" when expansionary policies take place, but that's not really how it works.

So it's not there is no control on money, is that the institution in charge of it is granted autonomy from the executive (same with the ECB and many other central banks).

1 minute ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Congress has control over money allocation, not the president. Everything you mentioned is the result of congressional actions.

i dont understand american politics. What the hell does the president do?

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, stconquest said:

Let me get some loans from some Chinese and Russian Institutes... brb.

Please do so ASAP. My interest rates for late fees are less than desirable. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

4 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

Well the usd did fall quite a bit. 

just saw that. it'll probably only be short term at least... it wont be another brexit right? 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Trump won, even if Hillary wins Michigan now she would only have 241 votes and the next closest state is Wisconsin but that's a 4% lead for trump and even if she won it she would only have 251 votes.

CPU: I5-6600k | MOBO: MSI Z170-A XPOWER Gaming Titanium Edition | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO |RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 2800 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition | Case: MasterCase Pro 5 | Storage: SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB, WD Blue 1 TB 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Display: Acer Predator XB271HU 1440p 144hz | Keyboard:Logitech G910 Orion Spark | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Headset: Logitech Artemis G933 | PcPP: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/sfgGjc

They are puppets to their donors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

In Trump's case:  as little as possible.

Enforce the laws that congress sets.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

1 minute ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

No, monetary policy isn't printing money, and the president doesn't control monetary policy, the Fed does. Of course, there are a lot of pressures from all sides, but ultimately the Federal Reserve is an autonomous entity. The Chair is appointed by democratic institutions, but after that it can't be removed by the federal government.

In an informal sense, people may say the fed "is printing money" when expansionary policies take place, but that's not really how it works.

So it's not there is no control on money, is that the institution in charge of it is granted autonomy from the executive (same with the ECB and many other central banks).

yea i dont know how it works. in NZ they appoint their mates from their cricket club

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

What countries are the easiest to obtain citizenship in?

A) If you are loaded?

or

B) If you are poor? Citizen via marriage of convience. Seems like Canada just lets anyone in.

Just now, danwager11 said:

Trump won, even if Hillary wins Michigan now she would only have 241 votes and the next closest state is Winconsion but that's a 4% lead for trump and even if she won it she would only have 251 votes.

Not counting Maine or Michigan, Trump would have 269 votes. Maine isn't a winner take all state so even if Hillary gets Michigan, Trump will have gotten past 270.

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

just saw that. it'll probably only be short term at least... it wont be another brexit right? 

All I know is I am watching the market closely after all of this I have no idea what is going to happen. 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Just now, Dawson Wehage said:

Trump is moving very fast.

Trump moves on them fast... Grab em by the- oh never mind...

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

Just now, Canada EH said:

What countries are the easiest to obtain citizenship in?

A) If you are loaded?

or

B) If you are poor? Citizen via marriage of convience.

Canada A and B.

The geek himself.

-bursts out laughing-

Just now, YedZed said:

Trump moves on them fast... Grab em by the- oh never mind...

The geek himself.

3 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Enforce the laws that congress sets.

is that what the police does?

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

is that what the police does?

good point

The geek himself.

I hope Congressional Republicans refuse to work with Trump like they did Obama.

#AllHailGodKingTrump

Just now, Dawson Wehage said:

good point

Yeh I thought the president is a bit more like a visionary and spokeperson.

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

2 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

I hope Congressional Republicans refuse to work with Trump like they did Obama.

#AllHailGodKingTrump

That is why the system is rigged!

I'd rather have a winner in office then a poser who has not accomplished anything in her life.

BTW - NYT website has The Don at 300 votes! He is the next PREZ!

who here thinks russia is rigging the election? :P #its_a_conspiracy_maaaaan

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1