What was your first ever PC game?

Misanthrope

I thought about discussing our first PC game so I'll start with mine: back then I didn't have a PC at home but I did a school and an 2 separate uncles had one so I asked my dad if he could get it for me to play whenever I could and since it was sorta cheap I got this big box:

Image result for pc game stunts box

I remember spending hours and hours creating my own tracks and such, luckily it came in both 5 1/2 and 3.5 floppies so I could actually play on some systems at a library and usually the workers there ended up watching and asking to take turns.

Now that it's your turn go ahead and make me feel super old guys.

-------

Current Rig

-------

rollercoaster tycoon 1. i was 4, so i had no clue how to properly play the game, but man was it fun killing people with unsafe rides xD and i even still have the game and everything (sadly, saves were lost in an OS upgrade :() and know i know how to properly play, but i don't think the game works on windows 10, even with compatibility mode, so now i can't enjoy it anymore.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

rollercoaster tycoon 1. i was 4, so i had no clue how to properly play the game, but man was it fun killing people with unsafe rides xD and i even still have the game and everything (sadly, saves were lost in an OS upgrade :() and know i know how to properly play, but i don't think the game works on windows 10, even with compatibility mode, so now i can't enjoy it anymore.

Nice! Yeah I remember that I got that and tried to test it on my cousin's PC and I was talking about how I was going to make this crazy coaster and as soon as I started it didn't quite made the first hill after the big drop out only the next car was coming down already.

I swear we must have laughed for a good hour and called our parents, uncles, grandma, everybody to come see the fucked up little people dying in a carnage...good times!

-------

Current Rig

-------

Age of Empires 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

Nice! Yeah I remember that I got that and tried to test it on my cousin's PC and I was talking about how I was going to make this crazy coaster and as soon as I started it didn't quite made the first loop after the big drop out only the next car was coming down already.

I swear we must have laughed for a good hour and called our parents, uncles, grandma, everybody to come see the fucked up little people dying in a carnage...good times!

i remember one time i was building a coaster in dynamite dunes i believe? and i built some corkscrew coaster with a tall ass reverse chain lift, but nothing after the station, so i tested it, and i forgot i left my speakers on full blast (i was 4, i didn't even know what a speaker was), and the coaster left the station and crashed, and it was so loud, i swear, it shattered one of my windows. i actually started crying because it was such a loud crash.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Gee, need to get the brain going.

Pretty sure it was Lord of the Rings: Battle for middle-earth, I remember having tonnes of fun playing it on Christmas day with him on his new Toshiba laptop he got, great times.

Microsoft Flight simulator. The DOS version. As it was on an old Windows 3.11 PC. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

The earliest games I remember playing were Doom and Rise of the Triad. I played them with my dad when I was around 5 years old.

The earliest game I played by myself was probably Warcraft: Orcs and Humans.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I know my first Horror Game was Alone in the Dark 1. That was a damn good Ride.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Oh, I've gotta dig for that one...

I THINK it was Age of Empires.

[EDIT]

Wait no, that was on my very first own PC. Back when my parents got their first PC, the first game they got (well, my mother got) was Settlers 3. We played that a lot.

And before that I played some variation of duck-hunt and asteroids on my uncle's PC.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

1 hour ago, Praesi said:

I know my first Horror Game was Alone in the Dark 1. That was a damn good Ride.

That was awesome, I still remember the first time I tried it. 

I think my first was Dangerous Dave on DOS. Excluding Pong and such games. 

dangerous-dave.png

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Need for Speed 2 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

I'd have to think either Command & Conquer(older one), or Diablo III.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

25 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Diablo III.

A game that came out in 2012?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

3D Pinball  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Waddup..

Current PC SPECS

Spoiler

CPUAMD Ryzen 5 1600  MOBO: MSI B350M Mortar GPU:Zotac GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Mini RAM: Kingston Fury DDR4 2400Mhz Power Supply: FSP Raider 550w 80+ Silver  Storage: 3TB (2 x 1TB Western Digital Blue HDD, 1TB External HDD) CaseCooler Master.... IDK what model..

Probably Solitaire as bundled with Windows 3.0.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos... oh the memories.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Some lame free to play MMORPG, can't even recall it's name lol

People die if they are killed. 

Battlefield 4 :ph34r:......

EDIT:

First video game I ever played was Mario Kart on Nintendo DS i Lite.

First Mobile game I ever played was Minecraft: Pocket Edition on an OG ipad.

First console game I ever plated was Forza 5...

1 hour ago, Bouzoo said:

A game that came out in 2012?

Lol...... Look at mine.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Most of us did start with consoles yes: my first videogame ever was probably Jungle Hunt:

After all I had a NES for years before I ever started to look at PCs to game

-------

Current Rig

-------