Linus benchmarking a turned off Pc

masadm199

would guess becauise of the air from the fans hitting the mic 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

fans are turned off and The GTX logo is also not glowing.. while the PC on

Ez video playback using chromecast :D

Magical Pineapples

Link please?

1 hour ago, masadm199 said:

the PC is probably not on at all. they verry well could have green screened in the Heaven footage or had something else use the display but i cant see a single display cable coming from the PC if i look at the PCI cutouts and as you said no LEDs are on. my best guess is that there is a laptop under the table running the display or pre-recorded footage

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, masadm199 said:

You can turn off the glowing logo I believe, and the fans might be connected to a controller that allows for them to be off until a certain threshold is hit.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

4 hours ago, masadm199 said:

Pc is turned off while he is benchmarking......

Benchmarks get done offscreen due to possible noise issues of the lav mic linus uses, screen and keyboard output could have been put in afterwards or are running from an external source, would make more sense to me if they did it that way instead of having s (noisy) system blow a constant stream of air into an expensive and sensitive microphone.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Why does it matter lol

Unfortunately the video has already failed to grasp your attention if you're inspecting the props

Shipping sucks

9 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

the PC is probably not on at all. they verry well could have green screened in the Heaven footage or had something else use the display but i cant see a single display cable coming from the PC if i look at the PCI cutouts and as you said no LEDs are on. my best guess is that there is a laptop under the table running the display or pre-recorded footage

They could have run any display cable in a way that is wouldn't be visible through the PCI vented slot covers, or it could be running from another source or be pre-captured footage from that computer or just a video running on another device.

Also, that is Valley running and not Heaven.

11 hours ago, masadm199 said:

Well, it wasn't benchmarking. There are no benchmarks in that video. It's only a build video.

(Edit: I mean there are no benchmarks ran onscreen).

The screenshot in OP comes from the peripheral choice discussion, including the monitor. Having some picture on screen was enough to discuss the monitor itself, doesn't matter if it comes from the PC he just built or not (it doesn't).

When he discusses BIOS setting, the monitor is showing the BIOS screens, but at that point the computer was on.

12 hours ago, masadm199 said:

You can turn the GeForce lights off in GeForce experience. 

ASU

3 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

You can turn the GeForce lights off in GeForce experience. 

It was off in any case. You can see the computer on later in the same video, with fans spinning and everything flashing.

At that point he was just showing the monitor, not running any benchmark. By the way, the benchmarks he does present at the end have nothing to do with the images displayed in that screenshot (they are all game benchmarks, not synthetic).

30 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

It was off in any case. You can see the computer on later in the same video, with fans spinning and everything flashing.

At that point he was just showing the monitor, not running any benchmark. By the way, the benchmarks he does present at the end have nothing to do with the images displayed in that screenshot (they are all game benchmarks, not synthetic).

I think the important question we're not asking is who the hell cares? 

ASU

12 hours ago, masadm199 said:

~snip~

You can turn off the lights for the graphics cards. Fans aren't spinning because they haven't reached the threshold for them to power on. You can tell that they are running when they are just showing the BIOS near the end of the video.

And something else to think of. The keyboard is lit when they are showing it with the benchmark.

Or maybe stop making debates since none of you can afford a 4k pc anyway

linus is an idiot sometimes, thats the charm of watching him and luke

they screw up sometimes and it's funny to watch

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

8 hours ago, demonix00 said:

They could have run any display cable in a way that is wouldn't be visible through the PCI vented slot covers, or it could be running from another source or be pre-captured footage from that computer or just a video running on another device.

Also, that is Valley running and not Heaven.

the Valley/heaven thing is my bad, everyone usiually just uses Heaven so i just assumed thats what was on it lol :P also yse they could have hid the cable but i still find it more likely that its something else running the display

Builds:

Spoiler

It makes perfect sense, it's not like they do the testing while filming. They put valley on the screen just for entertainment value so you can look at something while Linus talks. It looks a bit silly when the pc is blatantly powered off, but it doesn't detract from the quality of the guide...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*