What was your first computer?

xserd

Mine was a Pentium III which I was allowed to use when I was 7. I basically played NFS II SE all day.  :rolleyes:

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

something like this. It was not my PC, but it was the first computer i was able to use:

Dell_XPS_T600R.jpg

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

A Windows 98 machine with 32mb ram and 6mb hdd. Played FIFA98 well

a very old acer laptop

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

A Windows 98 machine with 32mb ram and 6mb hdd. Played FIFA98 well

I think you mean it had a 6GB HDD, not 6MB HDD. Windows 98 wouldn't even come close to fitting on a 6MB HDD. :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

My first system was a dell dimension xps t500.

Specs:

20gb hdd

128mb ram

pentium 3

windows 98

m_s_p_17650_1.jpg

My rig: Cpu: AMD 8350 | Cooler: Corsair h100i with Noctua nf-f12 fans | Ram: 8gb 1600 corsair vengeance | Hard Drive: 2x 1tb wd drives in raid 1 | SSd: 128gb plextor m5p  | Motherboard: asrock extreme9  | Graphics card: amd 7850 2gb | Power Supply: ocz modular | Case: cooler master cm 690 ii          Peripherals: | Monitor: x-star 1440p | Mic: blue snowball  | Keyboard: Flashget G600  | Mouse: No name |

Compaq Deskpro DPEND

CPU: Pentium II 400

RAM: 128mb ram

HDD: 6.4 GB 

GPU: ATI Rage 3d Pro

compaq-deskpro-e.jpg

Well, it is mostly a laptop.

IBM Thinkpad 640

Intel Pentium (the original)

32MB RAM

5GB HDD

13" 640x480

3.5" floppy drive and no CD drive

Windows 95

I still have it, believe it or not, and it still functions. Still want to buy a CD drive for it, tho. I play 24 Games for Windows 95. They are still addictive.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

kFIgcXF.jpg

Got it from my dad when I was a kid

Isn't that a Mac 256K?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Isn't that a Mac 256K?

I think so, I've never actually checked that since I only used it when I was young(er)

Something with Windows 95/98. It did not have onboard usb and the keyboard didn't use a PS2 connector. Also there was a extension card for sound and a video card. The CPU was from Intel.

Then I got a HP PC with a AMD cpu. The CPU fried, while in gaming. The Video card had a ton of unnecessary connections.

That got replaced with a Samsung X20.

A Emachines T5212 followed which the first PC that was actually new and not the old one from my dad. It became my sisters first PC, but as you may have seen on the Forum: "What is slowing down my sisters PC?" it is getting replaced.

After that I had a Sony Vaio Laptop.

And today I have my first self build pc and I love it.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Still have it. It had 256mb ram, somewhere 1.7GHz 40Gb hdd. Something. Like that. Still used until like 4-5 ago

Well, it is mostly a laptop.

IBM Thinkpad 640

Intel Pentium (the original)

32MB RAM

5GB HDD

13" 640x480

3.5" floppy drive and no CD drive

Windows 95

I still have it, believe it or not, and it still functions. Still want to buy a CD drive for it, tho. I play 24 Games for Windows 95. They are still addictive.

Do you know the clock speed? That is a large hard drive for a Pentium, unless its a higher clocked one.

kFIgcXF.jpg

Got it from my dad when I was a kid

That is not a Macintosh 256k, That is a Macintosh Performa. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macintosh_Performa

There was no macintosh named the 256k, although there was a 512k. That thing has way more than 256k of ram. Maybe along the lines of 8-32mb

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Do you know the clock speed? That is a large hard drive for a Pentium, unless its a higher clocked one.

That is not a Macintosh 256k, That is a Macintosh Performa. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macintosh_Performa

There was no macintosh named the 256k, although there was a 512k. That thing has way more than 256k of ram. Maybe along the lines of 8-32mb

Yeah well I had no idea as I said

Yeah well I had no idea as I said

Yeah, I was just letting you know :)

Old shit no one cares about but me.

No clue on clock speed. That is what it came with.

My mom didn't want a computer in the house when I was young. She was a little like Mama Boucher (computers are the debil!)... thankfully, she grew out of it. Now I can't get her off Facebook.

Anyways, my first computer was purchased at a garage sale for $50 in the late 90s or early 00s. Not sure exactly when. It had a Pentium II, something like 128MB of RAM, and a 60GB hard drive. It was running Windows 98, but you couldn't install anything on it for some reason, so we eventually took it to some PC store where they charged us $200 to replace the hard drive and install Windows again.

I ended up playing StarCraft and Age of Empires on that system for a long time. Over time, upgraded to a Pentium 3 and 256MB of RAM with a new hand-me-down PC and was able to play Age of Empires 2 and Red Alert 2 at 1024x768.

Those were the days.

Most of my parts from those PCs still work. They're buried in my closet... but they work. Asus made some really tough motherboards in the 90s...

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Used this as my sole computer from 2004-2011 with 0 upgrades done to the inside, by the time I opened it up in 2012 after it sitting idle for a year it was the 1st time the seal was broken and the fans wouldn't even spin from the amount of dust

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/dell-dimension-b110-celeron/4507-3118_7-31584485.html

I actually used this as my first computer, man this was my childhood right here. 

My build: i5 3570k , Sabertooth Z77, Be quiet Dark Rock 2, Corsair vengeance 16 gb ram, Corsair RM 750, WD Black 1TB , ADATA 256 GB SSD, Asus 660ti DCUII, NZXT H440, Noctua NF-F12 & NF-A14.

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

My first system was a dell dimension xps t500.

Specs:

20gb hdd

128mb ram

pentium 3

windows 98

All hail floppy drives, my first PC didn't even have a cd drive lol good times.

Our first pc here at home was a windows 3.11 machine with a 256 MB hard drive and a whopping 8 MB of ram, and a 66 MHz (or so, don't know exactly anymore) processor. Oh and it also had a floppy disk drive.

My dad got it from his work since they didn't need it anymore, was in the year 1999 or so.

In my first year in college, my elder cousin built me a new computer to replace my broken HP computer running Windows 98 :o . I am much Happier like upgrading USB1.0 to USB2.0 (Which really is :lol: )

Org Specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ :ph34r:

Gigabyte K8NF-9 Socket 939

Kingston DDR 400 512MB ram x 2 (Total 1GB) (Recalling my memory that each DDR 400 ram will cost you about $60 at that time! )  

GeForce 6600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16

Maxtor SATA 80GB Harddisk ( Taken by Seagate I think )

LiteOn DVD-RW

iCute 400W Power Supply

iCute ATX Computer Case 

Windows XP Professional

After two years of usage, I asked one of my friend worked in ISP as a senior technician about how to build a PC because the fact that the manufacture PC aren't come with good performance hardware and the prices are higher than buying one from HP,DELL (Whatever :rolleyes: ), and with his help I finally able to disassemble the PC and put it back in one piece, which is a great experience for me to know how to built it myself.

I gave it to my father to use in his office and try to start my own built after graduated from my college :P .(The company at that time was supplying computer running very slow Socket 754. I have done some upgrade before giving it to my father, the Althon X2 4200+ B) , another Kingston DDR 400 512MB x 2 and Antec EarthWatt 500W with a smaller ATX case.He is happy with it till present)

Of course before I gave away my old one, I have to built a new one. I have read through many computer magazines and forums to see what parts I can afforded. And my first DIY PC comes with:

Intel Quad 2 Cores Q9300

CoolerMaster Hyper 212+

MSI P35 Neo2-FR

Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 4G kit x 2

Gigabyte 8800GTS 320MB

Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS 320GB x 1

LiteOn DVD-RW Drvie (I found LiteOn is broken down with a year, including the one above.)

Antec EarthWatt 500W

LianLi PC-7 Plus ATX Case

Windows XP Professional

At that time, installing a windows XP is not that easy for me and my friend kindly teach me the procedure about windows installation. And this setup already used for 5 years till last October.It's quite amazing that I have successfully build my PC. During this built, I swapped the HDD with a larger one and SSD,GTS 450 the speed that brings to me just INSANE :wub: ! However, this computer is already disassembled and put in the boxes as my room has no space for two. So I just reuse the case and cooler, others are kept for later usage(Hopefully I can put it back when I moved to a new room.)

And the Specs now are the fastest one I ever built! B)

Intel Haswell i7-4771

CoolerMaster Hyper 212+

Intell DZ87KLT-75K

Team Xtreem Vulcan DDR3 1600 XMP 16GB kit x2

Asus GTX760 OC 2GB

Plextor M5Pro 256GB + WD Cavier Black 1TB

Antec High Current Gamer 520M

LianLi PC-7 Plus ATX Case

Windows 7 Ultimate

What about your story? ;)

MY SETUP
CPU: Intel i7-4771 , RAM: Team Xtreem DDR3 1600MHz 8GB x 4 , MB: Intel DZ87KLT-75K , GPU:Asus OC GTX760, SSD: Plextor M5P 256GB , HDD: 1TB WD Black , PSU: Antec HCG520M

Only one DIY PC to date with a couple of upgrades.

Got a new I started with no GPU, then when to a GT 420 and samsung EVO. Also bought a Define R4 but rest is original from when I bought it.

Plus I double the ram and got a new PSU. So only mobo and CPU is original tbh.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Only one DIY PC to date with a couple of upgrades.

Got a new I started with no GPU, then when to a GT 420 and samsung EVO. Also bought a Define R4 but rest is original from when I bought it.

Plus I double the ram and got a new PSU. So only mobo and CPU is original tbh.

Hello Almercenary, what makes you built you own? 

MY SETUP
CPU: Intel i7-4771 , RAM: Team Xtreem DDR3 1600MHz 8GB x 4 , MB: Intel DZ87KLT-75K , GPU:Asus OC GTX760, SSD: Plextor M5P 256GB , HDD: 1TB WD Black , PSU: Antec HCG520M

I've also had only one DIY PC to date with some upgrades. Stupid young age! Guess I should be thankful

Oh man I remember when I was building it, even with my brothers help, it pretty much took me like 4 or 5 hours total. I think the biggest issue I had was all of the cables that were already in the case, there were several of them and they confused the hell out of me, especially the damn power and led ones, but I finally got it workin and I was so happy and proud.

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.