What was your first computer?

xserd

I have yet to "own" a PC. 15 years old and I have never had a computer to my name :( always using other peoples.

Come up with a budget... (then mow lawns, babysit, collect aluminum cans, what ever it takes to meet that goal) You can have a computer if that is really what you want.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

Come up with a budget... (then mow lawns, babysit, collect aluminum cans, what ever it takes to meet that goal) You can have a computer if that is really what you want.

Yea I have everything planned out! I have two jobs but I only get work during the summer. I have my 4k ready build planned out but I need a good $500 build to hold me off until I have enough for my main rig.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Intel Pentium 4 1.8 GHz

256 MB DDR1

Gigabyte Motherboard

GeForce 2 MX (with active cooling lol)

40 GB IBM HDD

300 Watt PSU

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

The one in my signature (Since I don't really know the make/brand of the other past premade ones I've had)

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

My first PC was a hand me down from a bank in 1999 when they were changing their PCs. At that time i was a noob and was hired by a friend of a friend who had the contract to restock the bank with new PCs and he just gave me one of the old ones. This was my first purchase.....http://www.amazon.com/Sony-VGN-S260-Pentium-Processor-Centrino/dp/B0002XUXBQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top Yeah look at me with my 60GB hdd and my top of the line CPU....yeah!

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Had an old HP, got it around the age of 6 or 7, Loved it to bits, died a few years back though I fixed it last year (First PC I ever repaired) even though the guys at the local PC Repair shop couldn't work out how to do so. Came with a big chunky CRT. I remember playing MineSweeper and Club Penguin on it as a kid.

compu23.jpg

THIS - i think it was 300mhz, had 13gb of storage, and some ancient voodoo card i believe it was I cannot remember

time_computer.jpg

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

My first computer I've ever used was an old Gateway running Windows ME from forever ago. It's actually sitting in my basement right now and still works. The first computer I've ever owned myself (so not my parents computer, one that I bought) was an Asus laptop. It was just some $350 with a 2nd gen i3 and 4GB ram. Nothing special.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

I cant remember it was 2004, its still in my hall of olds but i have the spec:

• ASUS P4VP-MX
  • A 1GB DIMM ram and 1GB SO-DIMM
  • A 32GB or something around that HDD
  • A Pentium, but cant seem to open it because the motherboard is drilled in!
  • Oh it has a weird Airduct system like a hole but it leads to the cpu fan, so no case fan

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

lol well I am 26 so my first computer was when I was 11 and it was a Packard Bell. It was actually really nice and I would rip Wolfenstein and Doom all day. Then we upgraded to a HP when I was 13 and had that for like 8 years. I would rip Diablo 2 on that old HP all day. It only had 256MB of RAM but back then that was really nice.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

This....

old-mac.jpg

I was four years old ^_^ I remember for my brothers birthday party I installed a Clifford the dog game :D 

lol well I am 26 so my first computer was when I was 11 and it was a Packard Bell. It was actually really nice and I would rip Wolfenstein and Doom all day. Then we upgraded to a HP when I was 13 and had that for like 8 years. I would rip Diablo 2 on that old HP all day. It only had 256MB of RAM but back then that was really nice.

I remember Wolfenstein... CRT Monitors, the days...

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

E-Machine... something something...

I distinctly remember the case saying "2GB Hard drive. NEVER OBSOLETE!"

-

Found the box for mine up in the attic awhile back:

fddAUh.jpg

25MHz, 4MB ram, 170MB hard drive

we8Egh.jpg

gy2Dvh.jpg?1

CPU - 3770k @ 4.7GHz | Motherboard - Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB @ 1600 | GPU - EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX (2x SLI) | Case - Coolermaster HAF XM | Cooling - CM EVO 212 | Storage - Corsair Force 3 90GB | WD 2TB x 2 | PSU - Thermaltake SMART 850W | Display - Asus VG248QE 144hz + GSYNC kit |  Mouse - R.A.T. 7 | Sound - Creative Titanium X-FI HD | DT990 | ATH-M50 | ATH-AD700

I was using computers at a very young age in school, but my very first computer would have been the family desktop we got in 1999. I got my own laptop in 2006 and have gone through about 6 of them since (none of them had problems; just felt like upgrading).

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

desktop.jpg

p4 at 2.66GHZ

512MB Ram

40GB IDE HDD 4600RPM.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Corsair H100i Pro | ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 | Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x16gb @ 3200mhz  | Vega 64 @ Stock | Fractal Design Define R4 | Corsair RM750

ThinkPad T480 | Intel Core i7 8650u | Nvidia MX150 | 32GB DDR4 @ 2400mhz | Samsung 840 Pro 1tb | 1080p touchscreen

673-PC-L.jpgit

CPU : 4670k MOBO : MSI Z87 G45  RAM : 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz Graphics : MSI GTX660 OC Twin Frozr (Unfortunately) PSU :Corsair CX600M Storage : Crucial mx100 256GB, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm  OS : Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit 

I was a cool kid, lol;

P4 HT @ 2.65 GHz

1GB od RAM (not sure if DDR or DDR2)

Don't remember the mobo

A really nice Sound Blaster Audigy sound card

And two DVD drives, perfectly fit for all my YARR needs.

All this was run off a 350W PSU.

Not bad for 2003-2004-ish

CPU: i5 2500K (@ stock for now) GPU: Gigabyte GTX650Ti OC MOBO: Intel P67 RAM: 2x4GB Kingston (@1333MHz) PSU: 550w Xilence CASE: Generic :D MONITOR: Dell U2412M (24', 1200p 16:10) MOUSE: Acme something KB: Logitech K260

My very own was a laptop, my first real PC was the one in my specs.

Hey.

I was too young to even know how to check hardware specs on my childhood computer, but based on the POST screen, it had an Intel Celeron 266Mhz running it.  I seem to recall a 20GB hard drive as well.  So much!  I'll never run out of that much space!

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Sony Vaio that Originally Shipped with Windows ME,

It had a 40GB Deskstar (Deathstar) Drive

like 512MB ram

Not sure what else, 

By the time I got it it was running XP, I used it for a few months then It's hard drive crashed when I tried to install Windows 7 on it.

Booted from USB to Ubuntu until I got a laptop later that year.

Strong Bads Cool Game For Attractive people was the only game I ever got the chance to play on it.

2e3x8H1l.jpgASjiwSrl.jpg

My first computer was a Sinclair ZX Spectrum East-European clone. It had a Zilog Z80 CPU running at a blazing 3.5 MHz. I can't remember if it had 16kB of memory or 48kB, but I think it was the former. The language of choice was BASIC, but the more adventurous could give Assembly Language a try. You could manually save and load data from standard cassette tapes (MC) using a normal boom box. Whatever can be said about it, I think I had more fun programming that thing that I do now on my Intel 4930k that has 64GB of RAM and Intel SSDs in RAID0.

That being said, I think that I am one that can really appreciate an Intel 4930k that has 64GB of RAM and Intel SSDs in RAID0. Up until a few years ago I kept dusting off the old ZX Spectrum but it developed problems with it's keyboard. Fixing it requires a bit of DIY since replacement parts don't exist anymore.

There are more things in heaven and earth then are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Ah, time to show what an old fart I am.

I got my first PC around '93-'94 (I'll let that sink in a bit).

It was a no-brand clone, came with 4MB of RAM, 1/2MB graphics card and some really crappy sound card. The processor was an AMD 486DX2 running at 80Mhz (I was later able to underclock it to 13Mhz, which was all kinds of awesome). Oh and the OS, Windows 3.11 (Finnish).

Oh boy, the times of creating .bat files to run games and such, I feel so spoiled with new PCs.