What was your first computer?

xserd

My first computer was a imac g3. Those things are seriously indestructible as the same one i have had since 1999 is still functioning. I was only around 5 years old when i first started using it haha.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

My first comp was  a Dell pre-built machine. Intel quad q8200 if i remember correctly, 4 GB ram ( later expanded to 8 GB), Nvidia 9800 GT.

| CPU: intel i7 3820 OC to 4GHZ with H100i cooling | Case: Enthoo Evolv ATX glass | Mobo: Asus P9X79 Socket-2011 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz 16GB | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X

| PSU: Silver power 750w plus silver | SSD: OCZ Agility 3, 240GB / Toshiba 500GB | Monitors: Dell U2713HM, Acer Predator 27" | Headset: Sennheiser HD650| Soundcard: Xonar Essence STX

Lenovo x41 with ubuntu 5.03! (Thanks Dad!)31351954-2-440-overview-1.gif

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

Can't remember it's name but it had the monitor on top of the desktop and also the monitor was a cube. I think that it ran win 95

hmm the first pc my family owned was a pentium 2 266 128mb ram 8gb hdd shitty non 3d graphics card and some sort of sound blaster sound card. the first pc I built myself was a amd athlon xp 2500+ with 512mb ram, some geforce 2 gpu, 160gb hdd, some sound blaster sound card. litle fuzzy on details as it was a long time ago, but thats the gist of it.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

My first computer was a Commodore 64 which I had from 1985-91. I then had an Amiga 500 for two years and my first PC I got in 1993. It was a 486DX2 66MHz, 4MB RAM, 343MB HDD, some Tseng Labs graphics card (ET2626?) with 512KB vram. The OS was DOS 6.2. It also had Win 3.1 which I hardly ever used.

I forgot lol but it was in a beige case and every time I try to double click on the CD drive icon in Windows 98, it causes the whole computer to freeze. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

This was my old dell computer. The sad part is that I forgot the name of the model, so I just typed in google "old dell computer" and the one I had popped up...

dell-723415.jpg

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

It's long gone now, I managed to sell it actually.

It was a Pentium III 667 MHz, with ??? MB of DDR RAM.

It had a CD burner and floppy drive, came with a 15" CRT. 

Most importantly, it had the Voodoo 3 3000. Unfortunately, it could not play GTA 3 when it came out :(

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

It's long gone now, I managed to sell it actually.

It was a Pentium III 667 MHz, with ??? MB of DDR RAM.

It had a CD burner and floppy drive, came with a 15" CRT. 

Most importantly, it had the Voodoo 3 3000. Unfortunately, it could not play GTA 3 when it came out :(

what's a floppy drive? /sarcasm

I don't remember much about my first PC... All I remember is that it had a slot for 8 inch floppy disk and seemed to be running on MS-DOS or some variant. (No GUI, only command lines)

After that we bought a Packard Bell PC, 128MB of Ram, Intel P3 733Mhz. I don't remember anything else about it. But a quick search on google gave me this
http://www.backoffice.be/prod_uk/Packard_Bell/p180111614_packard_bell_platinum_8700_gf_rw_mt_1_x_piii_.asp

Can't be 100% sure it's the same, but the look of it is extremely similar from what little I remember of it, especially that monitor with the speakers on the side, I remember that. We bought that PC for over $2k at the time... Today, you'd have to pay something to get rid of it, :lol: .

(We had upgraded the memory to 192MB (128+64) relatively quickly, then again to 256 a year or so later and once more near the end to 512, we switched to Windows XP from the time it had 192MB of RAM)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I don't remember much about my first PC... All I remember is that it had a slot for 8 inch floppy disk and seemed to be running on MS-DOS or some variant. (No GUI, only command lines)After that we bought a Packard Bell PC, 128MB of Ram, Intel P3 733Mhz. I don't remember anything else about it. But a quick search on google gave me thishttp://www.backoffice.be/prod_uk/Packard_Bell/p180111614_packard_bell_platinum_8700_gf_rw_mt_1_x_piii_.aspCan't be 100% sure it's the same, but the look of it is extremely similar from what little I remember of it, especially that monitor with the speakers on the side, I remember that. We bought that PC for over $2k at the time... Today, you'd have to pay something to get rid of it, :lol: .(We had upgraded the memory to 192MB (128+64) relatively quickly, then again to 256 a year or so later and once more near the end to 512, we switched to Windows XP from the time it had 192MB of RAM)

I don't think you are allowed to have 192mgs of ram.

Look at my signature!! hehehe :P

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+

AMD 286 running at 25 MHz this bad boy had a Hercules graphics adaptor, 1 MB of system RAM, 25MB HDD and a dot matrix printer but no mouse.

It had two colours green and dark green. It was very old when it was given to me in the early 90's. I would have been 6 or 7.

Kicking around in Xtree Gold and DOS 3, them were the good old days.

It eventually died a slow and painful death at my inexperienced hands.

I got to dismantle it in the end that was almost as fun as miniature golf in a charter based display.

I don't think you are allowed to have 192mgs of ram.

Yes you can. In 2009 when I had an Inspiron 3500 I swapped one of the 64MB sticks for a 128 which gave me 192MB. (Yes. In 2009 I had a PII laptop with a HDD the same size as my flash drive that I had at the time.)

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

Don't remember the brand exactly... only know it was a 386. in 1993.

i could only play games on it, in DOS. i played doom, dune 2, lands of lore, wolfenstein 3d, spear of destiny... etc..

doom ran crap. was only able to play it perfectly about 5 years later when it was old and everyone was playing cooler games :(.

i remember getting a new better PC few years after the 386... it had windows 95 on it. All i wanted to know is how to get back to DOS cuz windows sucked... didn't understand a thing about it :P.

didn't even want to. i just wanted to play games.

I have no signature

One custom built by my uncle, I don't remember the specs, but it was from like 2003 or something, the one I do remember is the one I had before this one, I don't quite remember when I got it but it must've been like 6 years ago, it had an intel pentium d 948, 1 gig of ram and no discrete gpu, and this one I have now is the first one I can call my own

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

An IBM thinkpad that had a whopping 2 GIGS of storage!

It was actually used up until around 2004 for playing c&c:ra2:yr

until it died.

We still have it somewhere, I might try to fix it up/take it apart.

Woo!

My current rig. 6 months ago is when i got it. 

UNless you count a ps3

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Was an assembled one everthing died except the CRT.

P4 1.8 Ghz

256Mb RAM SD ram

15 inch CRT

40 Gb HDD

CD and Floppy Reader

I think it was a XP, 98, or 95 machine. I wasn't interested in computers back then. Back then I could tinker with the OS and change things, but that's it. I watched my brother play Rollercoaster tycoon on that thing. It was a simpler life back then.

I LITERALLY went from console gamer to PC Enthusiast within a year. 2012-2013 was the biggest change in my gaming life.