What was your first computer?

xserd

Some creme colored cookie cutter PC from 98' I believe with a rockin' Pentium 2 Cartridge processor.. ( I still have the processor laying around somewhere.)

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

How can we get this topic pinned ? 

doubted, considering the experiences with non techies has over 150+pages and hasn't been pinned. 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Well I'm only 16 so no 8086 or anything but....

Athlon 64 @ 2.2GHz. 3000+ I think. 2001 is on the IHS.

I'm 15 and I have an 8086. Age has nothing to do with what you have. ;)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I'm 15 and I have an 8086. Age has nothing to do with what you have. ;)

Generally the first computer you get would be something applicable to the time you'd be getting a computer :)

Generally the first computer you get would be something applicable to the time you'd be getting a computer :)

Guess my family is off. :P My first was a Socket 370 Celeron 633 MHz eMachines.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Something with windows 95 on it. That's all I remember.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

my first computer (I was round 6) my father helped me build (more like I helped him), it had an AMD 939 3800 2X 64 processor, 512MB of RAM, a (I don't remember the name of this GPU exactly) GeForce gt 8600?, it also had no fan on the heat sync, 75GB HDD, 2 optical drives, both CD drives, the best future to have of its time, a 350w PSU, and a floppy drive... [i have no idea what mobo it had] and I still have it!

man technology has come a far way in 10 years, considering my current build...

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

Always had laptops, never built a rig yet I really want to. (parents say no, laptops are the future quit thinking about desktops)

Anyways, my first system was a Lenovo T41.

My parents let me build a system (although it was mostly my dad doing the building) It was probably because they weren't paying for it and I have an eye impairment so I needed the screen size.

Anyway my FIRST compooper that I owned (I spelled the word like that for a reason) was a dell D630 my dads work lets him take home old laptops that aren't in use.

it was 16 years ago. a IBM with a Pentium Slot 2 (before sockets), 4 128Mb sticks of RAM. 5gb WD 300 and a 5.25 inch 13gb Maxtor Bigfoot

it was 16 years ago. a IBM with a Pentium Slot 2 (before sockets), 4 128Mb sticks of RAM. 5gb WD 300 and a 5.25 inch 13gb Maxtor Bigfoot

No.

There were sockets far before slot CPUs. the only CPUs to use slots were Pentium II and Pentium III based computers. the 8088/86, 286, 386, 486, Pentium, Pentium MMX and Pentium Pro CPUs used sockets. The 286 and 8088/86 used DIP sockets while the 386 sometimes used LIF sockets. the rest are ZIF sockets.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Hmm. You learn something new everyday. Well every computer that age or newer I was given or I worked on/took apart was slot. I guess I could say before socket was the only removable option. . . but if I did say that, somebody would probably tell Mme there was a wireless based CPU or something like that.

First computer I can actually say I own would have to the HP dv6, it had a dual core AMD at 1.8Ghz and came with 1gb of ram.... upgraded to 2gbs a couple of years down the line. Dang.... those were the days... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I don't remember.

All that I remember is playing a game that was nothing but black and orange with a block that ate letters in a maze thing. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, I'd like to know what it was. I'd love to play it again (literally my ultimate nostalgia).

Whatever computer that was, it was my first one. I was 3-4 years old which put it at 1996-1997.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

This little beauty:
Compaq_Presario_2200_Desktop_PC.jpg

Here are the specs:
Developer Compaq

Type Desktop/Small form factor
Release date 1997
Discontinued 1998
Operating system Windows 95
Power Steady-state 51 Watts
CPU 180 MHz Cyrix MediaGXi CPU
Memory 16 - 32 MB EDO RAM / 80 MB Maximum / 12 MB On-board Memory reserved for display
Input PS/2 Keyboard, PS/2 Mouse
Connectivity Dial-up Modem upgradable to 56K ; 33.6K modem standard

-------

Current Rig

-------

This little beauty:

Compaq_Presario_2200_Desktop_PC.jpg

Here are the specs:

Developer Compaq

Type Desktop/Small form factor

Release date 1997

Discontinued 1998

Operating system Windows 95

Power Steady-state 51 Watts

CPU 180 MHz Cyrix MediaGXi CPU

Memory 16 - 32 MB EDO RAM / 80 MB Maximum / 12 MB On-board Memory reserved for display

Input PS/2 Keyboard, PS/2 Mouse

Connectivity Dial-up Modem upgradable to 56K ; 33.6K modem standard

Eew, Cyrix CPU. Runs hot and poor FPU. Also, a black case from the 90s is awesome, really can't find many of those. That was the beige era.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

Eew, Cyrix CPU. Runs hot and poor FPU. Also, a black case from the 90s is awesome, really can't find many of those. That was the beige era.

Oh that machine was an eternal struggle but I strangely have many fond memories of it staying up all night to download 2 or 3 new mp3 songs or playing Doom and Blood. Interesting fact: To this day I never actually owned a desktop with an intel processor: after that one all my systems have had AMD processors. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

I have been thinking about this for a while, but I can't remember what was in it, it was in 1990, and it was home built. waaaay too long ago to remember! 

It was using pentium 4 and run windows 2000. Given for donation long ago unfortunately.

Back when i was 6 my dad brought a Pentium 1 PC. A flat one not the tower type. I used to play mario dos and tetris. And sometimes scare myself in windows screensaver. 

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Mine was some frankensteined thing that ran ms dos only. Good ol' days of /run Aladdin and Lion King. It was the family computer my brother brought home one day, it blew my mind out of the water.

My first computer was a Tandy machine.  Don't remember the model numbers.  I also used a Gateway 2000 that ran windows 95.  At the time, the computers were family computers.

If you never need to pull a server out of racks, you are probably doing something right.

Our family had some crappy 15 year old dell desktop that crashed if you tried to download anything. I don't know the specs because we got rid of it before I became interested in them.