What was your first computer?

xserd

A Lenovo G570, first computer I had that was only mine, it was my Baby :wub: , Core i3 with Radeon Graphics, a great laptop, added more RAM to it, replaced the thermal paste, almost replaced the CPU, and I replaced the keyboard. but then the LCD screen died a week before my birthday :(  and it was too much to fix, so I got a new $1000 AUD laptop (in hindsight that cost a bit more than fixing my old laptop), I salvaged the hard-drive and RAM which I shoved in my new laptop. The HDD just sits with an eSATA cable, ah well.

YcUiJl9.png

Computers and Stuff

Spoiler

Crappy PC: i5 4690K, Z97I-Plus, 16GB DDR3 1600MHZ, WD Black 1TB, Hyper 212X, Gigabyte R9 270, Fractal Design Integra M, Red Bitfenix Prodigy

Peripherals: Headphones- HyperX Cloud II Keyboard-Vengeance K70 Cherry Red Mouse-Thermaltake Black Element Monitor-Asus VE248 Laptop: Yoga 2 Pro : i5, 8GB RAM 256GB SSD 

My first computer that i owned, parents gave me it. I played Myst, Doom and Castle Wolfenstein on it.

snap1.jpg

this is the first computer i used.
mac_plus_g4.jpg

it became my sisters when they upgraded :P

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

I had my first PC with 6. It had some 300 MHz processor and was abled to play Command & Conquer Tiberium conflict and Tiberian Sun. Best games ever! :D

who cares...

Some old P4 thing, it was the family computer.

The first one I actually owned was an AMD acer system, it could play Portal 2 at low :3

Dell Inspiron 17r 2011

AMD FX-8320@4.7ghz|8GB Avexir Core Series Ram|Phanteks Enthoo Pro|Gigabyte Windforce GTX 760 4gb|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|Corsair CX600

DSC01087.jpg I think its a Packard Bell IMEDIA 5061

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

My families first PC was the famous Commodore 64 back in 1982. The first PC I ever had that was mine and what got me really interested in PC from then on was the HP Hewlett Packard Pavilion 6350.

19980827_hp_pavilion_6350s_zps818b2adf.j

Back then, this baby was a beast, the only deference between mine and the one in the Pic above, is that it came with a DVD rom instead of a CD rom.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Today I cracked open the first family PC that I can remember. It's a Packard Bell ALT-COL2 from 2003ish. I has 256 MB of RAM, 80 GB HDD, an Intel Celeron D processor and windows XP. I think it died a bit as it takes about 20 minutes to boot and I can't even run the old Pinball game that came pre-installed properly.

My first computer was the Spectrum Sinclair ZX81

zx81.jpg

My next computer was then the Spectrum 48K

48k.jpg

Then my next computer was the Spectrum 128K

128k.jpg

Then I got my mind blown away by the Amiga A500 & A1200

amiga_500.jpg

a1200.jpg

A Lenovo G570, first computer I had that was only mine, it was my Baby :wub: , Core i3 with Radeon Graphics, a great laptop, added more RAM to it, replaced the thermal paste, almost replaced the CPU, and I replaced the keyboard. but then the LCD screen died a week before my birthday :(  and it was too much to fix, so I got a new $1000 AUD laptop (in hindsight that cost a bit more than fixing my old laptop), I salvaged the hard-drive and RAM which I shoved in my new laptop. The HDD just sits with an eSATA cable, ah well.

lemme get this straight: you replaced an i3 laptop for $1000AU because the screen broke and was "too much to fix"?

*facepalm*

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAPTOP-LCD-SCREEN-FOR-LENOVO-IDEAPAD-G570-G575-15-6-WXGA-HD-/370604563142?pt=US_Laptop_Screens_LCD_Panels&hash=item5649c0dac6

*headdesk**headdesk**headdesk**headdesk*

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

-=|Fighting computer ignorance since 1995|=-

Always had laptops, never built a rig yet I really want to. (parents say no, laptops are the future quit thinking about desktops)

Anyways, my first system was a Lenovo T41.

The first computer I bought with my own money?

A MacBook Pro Retina from mid 2012 with an Intel Core I7-3615QM @ 2.3 GHz, 256GB SSD, nVidia GeForce GTX 650M and 8GB RAM.

I like both MacOSX and Windows, and I use it on an equally skilled level as when using Windows. Let the hate flow.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

I can't remember other than it used Windows 98 and ran duck hunt.

Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly
They go to the lake of fire and fry, Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July

Tandy (Radio Shack) TRS-80 model III with dual 360KB floppy drives, and a whole 48 Kilobytes of RAM!

gvpr.jpg

Taught myself TRSDOS without a manual and made my own single player games, like yahtzee!

I also went to summer computer camp in 1985, which had Lego/Logo, which used the Lego Dacta appleII set, a set which allowed you to program an interface board to lego motors, lights, and sensors using an apple II computer.

OMG, I remember using those in computer lab back in elementary school back in the early 90's, they had a few of them left in there, most of the computers were 386s by then. My first computer was an ibm 386 runing windows 3.1 and dos 6 which I still have all the install disk for.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

Holy crap guys never thought this topic would be hot lol thanks everyone 

Keep going 

Aaaaah, yes, my good old Commodore c128. Awesome computer and Giana Sisters is still better than Super Mario Bros ;)

Commodore_128_With%20FDDunit_s1.jpg

Holy crap guys never thought this topic would be hot lol thanks everyone 

Keep going 

Thank YOU for the topic!

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Used this as my sole computer from 2004-2011 with 0 upgrades done to the inside, by the time I opened it up in 2012 after it sitting idle for a year it was the 1st time the seal was broken and the fans wouldn't even spin from the amount of dust

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/dell-dimension-b110-celeron/4507-3118_7-31584485.html

5379563810.jpg

Dimension 3000 FTW

My first computer was the Spectrum Sinclair ZX81

Posted Image

My next computer was then the Spectrum 48K

Posted Image

Then my next computer was the Spectrum 128K

Posted Image

Then I got my mind blown away by the Amiga A500 & A1200

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice!

Amiga=envy of all

I remember it was an old compaq with speakers that you can put in the side of the monitor and i always got electric shocks when i touched them. It also had one of thise old screen protectors that went ovet the crt screen.

I was too little to remember much but it looked like this:

41E482TC1GL.jpg

BTW, i had NO idea that they were JBL speakers but i remember that they had a logo like the image, if i could i would have kept them.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

It was a Medion model something:

Pentium 4 2.8GHz, geforce fx 5200 (I still see this gpu in stores for PCI E slots), 512mb of RAM and a whopping 160GB of of hard drive space. The PC was probably good at some time but I got it in 2005 and used it till 2010 because I didn't have money to get a new PC.

Dimension 3000 FTW

ahhhhh I wish they had at least went for the 3000 series

I've also been trying to track down the guy my dad gave like 2 grand to to find us a computer. Cause that asshole is the reason I didn't get a pentium D in 2005. And is also the reason in late 2010 when I got yelled at when I told them that the computer was running bog slow. "you ungrateful **** we spent $2000 on that machine not 6 years ago. 

If I find him, I don't know what is going to happen to him... 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Toshiba Tecra A8:

1286806080_117984538_1-Toshiba-Tecra-A8-

I still have it and use it, it wasn't the first computer I used but that one is dead and I don't know the model number, it was also a toshiba laptop with Windows 2000.

i'm a potato