AMD Mantle vs NVidia G-SYNC

I'm Batman

MANDEL

HowieMandelM07.jpg

MANDEL

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Clearly G-Sync, because Mantle will already die when the 20nm GPU's come out wich should be next year or the Support of the 7000/9000 will go away.

(Because thats how a Low Level API works)

With G-Sync 40FPS on an Nvidia will look better then 60FPS on AMD wich could make a mid range Nvidia GPU a better option then a High End AMD GPU.

Stable 30FPS are better then jumping higher Framerates.

Ignorant little dog-turd-hi.png

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Can't compare these two technologys. GG

CPU: 2500k 4.6 Ghz 1.38V   Cooler: CM Seidon 120M   Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V   Memory: Patriot 1600 Mhz (4x4Gb)   GPU: MSI Twin Frozer 3 7950 (1100/1500)  

Storage: Patriot Pyro SE 120Gb, Seagate 500Gb,  HGST 1Tb   PSU: OCZ 700W   Monitor: Dell ST2420L   Mouse: Razer Naga 2012   Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire Ultimate (Mx Blues)  

Mantle is the obvious choice.. G-sync just limits your frame rate to your refresh rate..

The opposite

Spoiler

I hope AMD releases something like G-Sync later on with some monitors, it looks like it would allow much higher "refresh rates" if the right monitors supported it. I don't care about Mantle, never had any problems with DX.

G sync is revolutionary technology.  And judging by what Carmack and the other dude were saying, Mantle's gonna be a failure.

What do you guys think which technology is better?

what is G-sync?

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

you're comparing toothpaste to to-mah-toes

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

I hope AMD releases something like G-Sync later on with some monitors, it looks like it would allow much higher "refresh rates" if the right monitors supported it. I don't care about Mantle, never had any problems with DX.

You haven't but devs have. Also the extra FPS wouldn't hurt.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

qspk50.jpg

Hurrr.

In all seriousness, they're both great technologies. Whether or not people make use of it, time will tell.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Like what earlier posts have mentioned, you're comparing different technology. Voted this thread 1 star.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽRAISE YOUR DONGERS༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

170534f59aa55e5bbf.jpg

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

G sync is revolutionary technology.  And judging by what Carmack and the other dude were saying, Mantle's gonna be a failure.

So, G-Sync is better because NVidia said it's better? Seems legit, not like they're biased or anything...

Though, in all honesty I don't expect Mantle to be a big deal unless the numbers come in and it is RIDICULOUSLY effective at increasing framerates, and even then they need to convince enough developers to implement it that consumers will start moving over to AMD cards in massive numbers. After that it would keep itself going, but I expect it to be a slight improvement and that AMD will have trouble getting a lot of developer support for something that gets a little improvement for only some customers.

G-sync on the other hand... Well, that mostly depends on the price, and I think they should have announced and released it at roughly the same time as the 700 series cards; by this point people who built a new PC with those cards already have a monitor which is new enough that they won't want to replace it right now. If the prices are low enough then anybody who has an NVidia GPU looking to buy a new monitor will just go "well, there's no reason not to" but if they released this when people were more inclined to buy new monitors... Well, I just think it could have been better. They also said something about being able to add something to existing monitors to get the functionality, but I don't see how that could work. I do think it has a higher chance of being successful; it requires only a small investment on the consumer's part, offers improvements which are slight but noticeable, and if you switch to AMD later then you at least still have a normal monitor. NVidia seems to be going down the route of adding "features" more than raw performance, things like shadowplay, game streaming, GPU Boost 2.0 (AMD is putting something similar in their new cards, but it won't be adjustable. Or so I've heard), and now G-Sync. Time will tell which is better.

Which of these two completly different technologies which aren't even released to the market yet are better?

We have to see and wait untill we know how much better bf4 performs on an amd card with mantle on vs mantle off. Also, I want to see gsync in action.

THEN we can say which of the two is more important for us.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

The way I see it, the only really new technology here is G-sync, mantle is "just" an API. Mantle provides a way of writing software that makes better use of selected HW in selected game titles. G-sync does fundamental changes to the last step in the graphics pipeline, changes that breaks with convention that's present because of how CRTs work. G-sync will admittedly not make the GPU able to do more because of more optimized code, it'll improve the experience a lot. G-sync will also only work on selected HW, but unlike Mantle, it'll work on all game titles.

I prefer G-sync because it addresses fundamental issues with core technology. Because of this, G-sync will ultimately do a lot more good for gamers and the industry than Mantle will ever have the chance to do. Short term, Mantle will probably benefit more people because you don't need a new screen.

I can't help but wonder if G-sync ties in with nVidias HW-based solution for frame pacing 

Mantle is the obvious choice.. G-sync just limits your frame rate to your refresh rate..

The other way around ;) You just described V-sync, G-sync limits your refresh rate to your frame rate. That's to say, the monitor will display a picture each time it gets a new picture as opposed to displaying a picture each 1/60th of a second. With G-sync, the monitor will display a complete picture as opposed to whatever the frame buffer had lined up at the correct interval ;)

Are you serious right now?

I really want to insult you but i was warned by a mod already to not use strong language.

Do it anyways #yellow xD

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

I really hope that you actually check the technologies' merit than someone's little speech

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

G-sync is a chip that goes into a monitor, while mantle is a program for a GPU, they are 2 completely different things.

While this does seem to have devolved into a no holds bar troll match, I figured I might as well give my thoughts on Mantle and G-sync.

Mantle:

• Best case scenario: It is a really robust powerful API that is hands down better than DX11 or OpenGL, most Console game are easily ported to PC, AMD gain huge customer base.
  • Worst case: It is just one more API that clutters the market making devs choose which one to spend the most time programing for (this heavily favors Nvidia as they currently have the majority of the consumer GPU market).
  • What I think will happen: Mantle will be a good API that delivers on much of what it promises and makes it easier to port some titles from Console to PC I doubt it will be market crushing in the way AMD hopes but it will probably be a good offering that creates competition and if nothing else encourages improvements to DX11 and OpenGl.

G-sync:

• Best case: Totally game changing for FPS games and 3D gaming, every panel maker wants to implement it, AMD licenses it and the technology spreads and becomes ubiquitous.
  • Worst case: Problems implementing it in high end panels (IPS) pared with high development costs, high manufacturing cost and low consumer interest keep G-sync from ever becoming mainstream.
  • What I think will happen: It works as advertised and is successful but slow to gain footing due to high up front cost early on, AMD wont use it and will instead develop their own version thus forcing consumers to purchase a monitor to match their graphics card and further splitting the market, IPS panel implementation is slow and expensive; 5+ years before it is very wide spread.

I don't think these are readily comparable as they represent completely different approaches to different problems (hardware solution for end user quality of life vs dev tool for horse power impovement). I do think that both AMD and Nvidia had good conferences (though, as always, I would prefer more new cards as opposed to incremental increases and naming refreshes). I continue to think that while game bundles entice consumers they are stupid long term as they cut into profit margins and create the expectation of game bundles in the market place, this is particularly problematic for AMD given their secondary position in the market (though if they can use the bundles short term to gain a larger user base it may give them greater economies of scale).

Anyway that's just my two cents.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

@OlekKing @I'm Batman - stop de-railing this thread with pointless stuff. 

I voted for G-Sync. It depends on costing but it relies on tech that has been proven to work. The cost and availability depends on its success. As Linus uploaded and it was discussed even though by NVidia who of course wont favour AMD's Mantle, the argument is a valid one. Even though it allows direct coding to the hardware instead of routing around through DirectX it will need to be coded for each infrastructure or GPU card variation. It's a valid point, one I cant ignore and because of this I don't think it will be a smashing success though this is purely my opinion and am happy to be proved wrong. Any advancement in tech by either team is great for us :) 

r u serious these are 2 completely different things. Although mantle is a good idea, I'm unsure how much influence they'll have over directx, when microsoft is such a huge benefactor in all of this. And I don't think game developers would only want to code games that work better on "half" of the pc market, it's a great idea but idk how far it will go.

Yes we already have optimizations for nvidia/amd but this is a whole nother story

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089