AMD Mantle vs NVidia G-SYNC

I'm Batman

Mantle is the obvious choice.. G-sync just limits your frame rate to your refresh rate..

You've got that backwards there chief, your frame rate limite your refresh rate.

Also, Mantle is completely pointless because the game engines need to be optimized for it.  Mantle is no different than OpenGL.  Since NVIDIA has the bigger market share and DirectX has been entrenched for so long the only way Mantle will ever be a factor is if NVIDIA supports it *AND* if several big name engines incorporate and optimize for it (think Unreal engine, etc).  Until then a few AMD partner companies will make games with it and it will turn out that game developers don't put much time into optimizing for it, the results will be lackluster and then everyone will forget about it.  Then ten years from now people will say "Hey, you remember mantle, lol."

There is no point in comparing G-Sync and Mantle because they are completely different things.

In essence they both are good things and should be adobted by both manufacturers for all I care.

Mantle to take better use of the GPU and harness the performace more efficiently.

G-Sync to clean up discprepancies in refresh rates between GPU and monitor to make the end result even smoother.

I hope people know that it is possible to compare apples to oranges.  Here I go, Mantle is better because you don't need a new monitor.

FX 8320@4.1Ghz, Noctua NH-D14, MSI 7870@1050Mhz, 8 GB 1600 MHz, M5A97 LE R2.0, NZXT H440, CX500M

Your rights matter because you never know when you are going to need them.

-Edward Snowden

Most of the games I play are from before when mantle was made a thing so I'm going to have to go for g-sync. Also I can't wait for my 780 tomorrow!

Mantle is software made to better utilize the GPU, g-sync is actual hardware inside a monitor working with the GPU. I'm thinking g-sync is the "better" new technology and most usefull. But only once it is available in better monitors, mva/ips/oled/etc.

i can run at 300 mph  :D (Lamborghini)

i can raise a 300 tons  :lol: (Excavator)

i am a koala  :rolleyes: (a Koala)

yeah...  :ph34r:

I like how everyone made fun of him, but then voted....smh  <_<

It's a good thread OP, it would've been interesting to see everyone's opinion as to which they are more excited for.

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database