Iron Man 1 remake thoughts?

BurntNewt

I was watching Iron Man one and thinking they can make a remake now with RDJ when he has more acting experience as him and it would have Cheetle as Rhodes. It would have the same plot line but in higher quality and better CGI and editing. RDJ would be less stuff and a little more emotional because he really knows the character now 

2 minutes ago, Quinnbeast said:

Soooo, a remake with... exactly the same cast?

Ir0n M4n?

No it would replace the old rohdes and they would change some plot points and would be like someone completely different because of how much RDJ changed. It would also incorporate new effects and ideas and possibly make more money for marvel 

Or they could just pick any other Marvel character that hasn't already had three standalone films in less than 10 years. Too soon for a remake. Paint still wet.

Not to mention that Iron Man 1 is still a kickass movie, that still holds up just fine today, as good as most of the MCU movies.

I doubt remaking it would make it fundamentally better in any way. I'd rather see RDJ simply make a new IR movie/role.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

This is why I love Linus Tech Tips forum.

Some absolutely mental posts. But you have to enjoy reading them. Either way.

My Rig "Valiant"  Intel® Core™ i7-5930 @3.5GHz ; Asus X99 DELUXE 3.1 ; Corsair H110i ; Corsair Dominator Platinium 64GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 ; 2 x 6GB ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti Strix ; Corsair Obsidian Series 900D ; Samsung 950 Pro NVME + Samsung 850 Pro SATA + HDD Western Digital Black - 2TB ; Corsair AX1500i Professional 80 PLUS Titanium ; x3 Samsung S27D850T 27-Inch WQHD Monitor

Stop remaking stuff.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

8 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Not to mention that Iron Man 1 is still a kickass movie, that still holds up just fine today, as good as most of the MCU movies.

I doubt remaking it would make it fundamentally better in any way. I'd rather see RDJ simply make a new IR movie/role.

Well I would only say remake it incorporate no actors and potential plot lines 

OK guys, I put $10 on vocalize. 

Theres no way in he'll they'll remake a movie 5 years after the release with the same cast for. 

- snip-

Stop remaking stuff that is not even 10 years old. Seriously, we don't need an Iron Man remake or a Skyrim remake. They are still modern and hold up!

The point of a remake is to make something you couldn't previously make (because of technology, time or money constraints) and now can.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

Stop remaking stuff that is not even 10 years old. Seriously, we don't need an Iron Man remake or a Skyrim remake. They are still modern and hold up!

The point of a remake is to make something you couldn't previously make (because of technology, time or money constraints) and now can.

I'd rather have Iron Man 4 over an Iron Man 1 remake.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, Centurius said:

Stop remaking stuff.

While you were posting that, I just pitched a future remake to this remake planned for 2022 and it was basically rubber stamped. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

no more remakes please i dont want it to be like texas chainsaw massacre where it gets remade 5 years in a row :P 

I lurk a lot

9 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

While you were posting that, I just pitched a future remake to this remake planned for 2022 and it was basically rubber stamped. 

Iron Man 1...3

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

6 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Oh no the tendency is to have reductionist titles so we'll just call the third remake "Iron"

Or the stuiply long titles

Iron Man, The time he did a thing in a vague Middle Eastern country 4

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Just now, ShadowCaptain said:

Or the stuiply long titles

Iron Man, The time he did a thing in a vague Middle Eastern country 4

Ok you keep going loner I keep going shorter:

Image result for fe element

-------

Current Rig

-------

5 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Ok you keep going loner I keep going shorter:

Iron Man 6

The fall of the beginning of the end of the start of another War, also Captain America is Hydra, The Return

Or it gets Philosophical

MAN

The Man behind the Iron mask

OR

Aluminium Man (easier to recycle)

Most likely, they go full reboot, and start all over again with a new actor and call it

Iron Man

Please let Elon Musk Play as iron man lol! xD instead of having him play shitty cameos in shitty movies like 'machete"

Details separate people.

13 hours ago, BurntNewt said:

I was watching Iron Man one and thinking they can make a remake now with RDJ when he has more acting experience as him and it would have Cheetle as Rhodes. It would have the same plot line but in higher quality and better CGI and editing. RDJ would be less stuff and a little more emotional because he really knows the character now 

whats the goal or use of that? they really can't change anything at all since it would create plot holes for the whole avengers set up and other marvel cinematic universe related things that are still to come.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

2 hours ago, Bsmith said:

whats the goal or use of that? they really can't change anything at all since it would create plot holes for the whole avengers set up and other marvel cinematic universe related things that are still to come.

Yeah lol at best we'd get glorified reshoots of the same scenes that were already filmed. Boooooring. RDJ already did a kickass job back then.

The point is that RDJ isn't a better actor now, compared to then. He was already good back then. But his CHARACTER has grown. You can't just have Captain America Civil War era Iron Man walking around in Iron Man 1, it wouldn't make sense. Him acting the way he does is a direct result of his experiences in Iron Man 1, Avengers, and Avengers 2.

If you put "current" Iron Man character into those Iron Man 1 scenes, they just would not make sense given the backstory and his experiences at that time.

what really needs to be done is just name it "Iron Man"

Then we will remake that movie and title it "Iron Man'

than the remake of that "Iron Man" can be called "Iron Man"

That way when someone says

-"hEY HAVE YOU SEEN THE NEW IRON MAN"

-"which one" 

-"the one with RDJ"

-" oh... which remake"

-"the one with the middle eastern country and the arc reactor"

-"..."

-"it came out in the past few years"

"..."

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

3 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Yeah lol at best we'd get glorified reshoots of the same scenes that were already filmed. Boooooring. RDJ already did a kickass job back then.

The point is that RDJ isn't a better actor now, compared to then. He was already good back then. But his CHARACTER has grown. You can't just have Captain America Civil War era Iron Man walking around in Iron Man 1, it wouldn't make sense. Him acting the way he does is a direct result of his experiences in Iron Man 1, Avengers, and Avengers 2.

If you put "current" Iron Man character into those Iron Man 1 scenes, they just would not make sense given the backstory and his experiences at that time.

een though he has more experience, it still isn't a good idea if you ask me.

RDJ kinda went the same route as tony liquor, failing, screwing up and almost ending badly, but then a chance comes and that chance is taken.
RDJ had a chance to proof himself with the 1st iron man movie, just like tony had to proof himself as a hero.

acting experience is a legit idea, but I doubt it would be worth shooting it again, just for a more experienced actor playing the same role in the same movie again.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.