AMD Trolls: Shows R9 290X VS GTX 780 at Nvidia's Event

Ethnod

God it would be nice IF, to have 290 VS 780, 290x VS Titan, and my main point.................................................................a hidden saucy (non-x 290) dual-gpu they've had under wraps all this time and no leaks.

Its ok... I used an IF

:)

22531367.jpg

Is this in Greek or German?

Are you attempting to say that it will be cool if they had a R9-295, a dual R9-290 GPU card?

Well....as you cant decypher it, I'll try again.

Regardless of what we know...

God it would be nice,.....IF.........the 290 was VS the 780, the 290x was VS Titan......and an unknown....a GPU well hidden and known only by those "needing to know" that they have,....... yes, a DualGPU card still waiting to launch :)

Wouldnt it be nice.....

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

God it would be nice,.....IF.........the 290 was VS the 780, the 290x was VS Titan......and an unknown....a GPU well hidden and known only by those "needing to know" that they have,....... yes, a DualGPU card still waiting to launch :)

Wouldnt it be nice.....

Why do you use so many ellipses? If they have a dual-GPU card up their sleeve don't expect to see anything until next year. AMD would need to source parts and design everything to stay within 375w.

Thats what their called....?

I dunno why, habit I guess...

If they have a theoretical dualcard up their sleeve, why would I have to wait until next year... If its super secret like I stated and they held it close to their chest, no one would know if they wanted it to be that way..

It has been 2 years since the 7000 launch, 1 year since the original 7990 dualgpu, and a couple of months since the 7990 refresh's came out. They are pretty good at squeezing the same if not more power out of the same TDP envelope.

It wouldnt surprise me that they have it worked out already and are just biding time...

As I said, theoretical opinion, but It would be nice to get the dual GPU surprise.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I'd rather see some 1080p and 1440p results...  very very very very few people actaully do any gaming at 4k res...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

This is great... AMD usually has a meh PR team, but they know how to burn.

I hope Linus was able to see the 290xs :D

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Thats what their called....?

I dunno why, habit I guess...

If they have a theoretical dualcard up their sleeve, why would I have to wait until next year... If its super secret like I stated and they held it close to their chest, no one would know if they wanted it to be that way..

It has been 2 years since the 7000 launch, 1 year since the original 7990 dualgpu, and a couple of months since the 7990 refresh's came out. They are pretty good at squeezing the same if not more power out of the same TDP envelope.

It wouldnt surprise me that they have it worked out already and are just biding time...

As I said, theoretical opinion, but It would be nice to get the dual GPU surprise.

It took AMD a very long time to release the 7990. Neither company rushes into doing dual-GPU cards anymore. AMD will need to see how the cards perform in the real world first and that can't just take two PCBs and glue them together. Nearly everything in dual-GPU cards is custom made. It takes a significant amount of time and money to design them. That is all ignoring the issue of chip yields. While we don't know what yields are like for the 290(x) given the last several years of GPU launches it is unlikely AMD will be able to meet demand for months which means they won't be able to do a dual-GPU card without removing potential sales from their other cards.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 299 or whatever before AMD's next generation of cards launch, dual-GPU cards do have their niche.

I'd rather see some 1080p and 1440p results...  very very very very few people actaully do any gaming at 4k res...

How about some 2560x1440 's

GeForce GTX 780

BioShock

Min: 41

Max: 51

Tomb Raider

Min: 14

Max: 36

R9 290X

BioShock

Min: 47

Max: 61

Tomb Raider

Min: 15

Max: 40

http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/1onv1y/official_r9_290x_benchmarks/

The thing amd did here it's kinda cheap , if they were man enough they should have release the card by now . The thing I m waiting for is temp. results of this card and power consumption .

Go into this Comedy First

I saw it today, think its funny, has the topic involved, so I'm sharing here for the laugh factor.

I'm not putting this up for any fire and flames.

This post needs no reply, quote or remark...

Sneaky and dirty... exactly how I love to see them fight

144Hz goodness

If AMD does well then it may force Nvidia to lower prices on their higher end cards.  Consumers win here but it won't help me as at this time I am not spending $500+ or up on anything.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

GeForce GTX 780

BioShock

Tomb Raider

R9 290X

BioShock

Tomb Raider

Glad I don't care about 1440p either as I am gaming on 1080p for the foreseeable future.  I haven't enjoyed it enough yet.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

That's raw comedy, especially the Nvidia bouncers

+1 AMD

Error: 410

This is only two games though and both of which are sponsored by AMD. Perhaps another few games that are not sponsored by either Nvidia or AMD. Crysis 3 perhaps.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

GeForce GTX 780

BioShock

Tomb Raider

R9 290X

BioShock

Tomb Raider

Read into the page a little bit lol. Those arent 1440p numbers.

(With that said, the community was looking for any indication of how 290X would do. Based on everything else I've run at 4K, at least, these numbers are not misleading. Performance at 25x14 and 19x10 remains to be seen.) quote from the same guy you quoted just a few posts later.

PSU AX850 Processor 3930k @ 4.2  Motherboard Asus x79 Sabertooth Ram Gskill Ripjaw Z 32gb 2133Mhz GPU EVGA GTX 780 reference HDD 128gb Samsung 840 Pro Monitor Asus pb278q Case 800d Cooler H100i Audio Interface Mbox mini Monitors JBL LSR305's

Regardless of what we know...

God it would be nice,.....IF.........the 290 was VS the 780, the 290x was VS Titan......and an unknown....a GPU well hidden and known only by those

"needing to know"

that they have,....... yes, a DualGPU card still waiting to launch :)

Wouldnt it be nice.....

It seems as though you are trying to suggest that you are in the know

Nope, I'm speculating.
Leaving their top tier dual gpu to be the real secret, unleashed a little later than the 290x or the same time,... with so many people focusing on 290/290x, just hopeful dreaming a new dualgpu card at the same time.

This is pretty funny. I like 

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

1080p in this test would be like 200FPS vs 202FPS or something dumb. 4K separates the men from the boys. 

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

What I love is that they put it against a 780.. I thought this was supposed to be a Titan killer?

I'm sorta wondering if they are having issues with meeting that claim?

Exactly what I thought. Remember there is the 290 as well. Is that now supposed to compete with a rumored 770ti as the 280X is the direct competitor for GTX770...

As long as it drives down the price for performance I really don't mind what happens.

The performance difference between the 780 and the Titan isn't that big of a gap.

It might be @ 4k...

Well at least they showed something useful instead of handing out bags of potato chips lol.

Bold move, I don't see what you mean it's only going to get ugly... worst thing that can happen is nVidia will launch a GPU that can kick AMD's ass or lower prices on the Titan/780 (less probable), what's wrong with that? It does seem like the 290x is significantly better for the price than a 780, even if it's not quite Titan level in actual gaming performance (it's supposed to beat Titan in some benchmarks though, however much that matters).

1080p in this test would be like 200FPS vs 202FPS or something dumb. 4K separates the men from the boys. 

not really...  I didn't get 200 fps in 1080p in either of those games on my 780

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's