Does anyone else hate seeing the word "Gaming" attatched to hardware?

CoffeeandBagels

Yeah i hate that becuase also you can't buy a laptop with a good quad core cpu without it being a 'gaming' laptop

CPU: Intel Core i5 6400 ~ ASUS GTX 950 OC STRIX GB ~

RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 16GB dual channel 

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-H170-HD3 ~ SSD:HyperX Savage 240GB  ~  PSU: Corsair CX550M

~ MOUSE: Logitech G700s ~ KEYBOARD: Razer Blackwidow tournament

HEADPHONES: Focousrite HP60  ~ MIC:Focusrite CM25 ~ A.I: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 ~ MONITOR: Asus VC239H 23-inch IPS Monitor ~ CASE: Fractual Design define R4  ~ Corsair MM300 Medium

Just now, Mr Robot said:

Yeah i hate that becuase also you can't buy a laptop with a good quad core cpu without it being a 'gaming' laptop

Asus N series are the first one that come to mind, classified as multimedia laptops. :P

Waiting for a response "But he said good". 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Absolutely hate it. They usually have terrible design overall and some font that makes me want to vomit on sight. This is especially true of clearly non-gaming designed products like the Zalman waterproof keyboard. It's a cheap waterproof keyboard that would be great in certain lab situations, but says gaming right on it. It's so out of place!

CPU: i7 4770K  |  Corsair H80i  |  ASUS Z87-Pro  |  8GB Corsair 1866Mhz  |  GPU: MSI Gaming X RX 480 8GB  |  Corsair HX  750

Totally hate it, but not because it's good marketing. I hate it because most of things labeled for gaming are pure junk. Where to even start... Used 70€ few years back to get SteelSeries Siberia v2, pure junk, volume control broke after few weeks RMA ones lasted few days, got far better headset with buying 25€ headphones (Superlux HD-330) and some junk 5€ microphone.

Friend bought some 300€ gaming chair, 300 euros for a chair that's ergonomy is so wrong that I think some graphic designer has made it. No real support for lower back except a pillow that doesn't work no where near like a real lower back support made to the back rest, neck support is another moveable pillow, no height control for back support, the whole back support is connected and secured to the seat. You can get some goddamn for long office hours made really ergonomic chair at cheapest for 500€! Not to talk about asking around if someones office is renovating and they are throwing away some real stuff. I have now used Iskus (Finnish office furniture maker) chair for around 6 years and before that it was used in office for something like 2 years and as new it cost something around 1500€ (I got it for free because they were throwing every chair to trash and getting new ones). That's 8 years on average 8 hours of sitting per day and all that has some wear on it is the covering which was more than easy to replace.

Only good things that I have that are "gaming"-branded are Logitechs G19 and G700.

If it's something like a keyboard/mouse where it's obviously aimed at gamers with extra macro keys and what not, I'm fine with that, it's just stating the obvious and making it easier to find... But things like routers? That's just a gimmick and most likely just has a QoS that favor certain online games/platforms over other stuff possibly enabled by default, if that at all really. (Not to mention the QoS list is filled with outdated services/games like Quake and Unreal Tournament.. Seriously my router's QoS has some old ass games in it, even though they were already long outdated when it came out)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Seeing the word attached to a product doesn't bug me too much. What annoys me is when "gaming" influences the design of a product. Like cheap "gaming" keyboards which just mean you get an ugly design and stupid colors.

No, it doesn't bother me.  It's plastic or metal, not a god damn life insurance policy.  (If you sign up with us today, you get 3 free respawns!!!)

But no.  So what.  Some "gaming" marketed gear looks pretty good to me, others look downright ugly.  Either way, I'll use it if I like it.  Plus a lot of gaming marketed stuff comes with extra functions.  Like how gaming mice come with extra buttons and adjustable DPI (both which I benefit from in games such as Overwatch) and macro keys and RGB backlighting in keyboards.  I don't mind those.  I like backlighting, and if I want something besides boring vanilla white, I have that option.  

At the end of the day though, it gives options to the consumer.  Meaning, even if you never buy a "gaming" product, you benefit, because you have the option to either buy it, or not buy it.

Same with me.  I have a Reddragon gaming mouse.  I like it, it was only $13 and it's kickass.  But my buddy wanted a Logitech MX master.  We both have those options to buy the mice we want.

In the end, just live and let be.  You don't like it, can't stand it, don't buy it.  But it's kind of cynical and narcissistic to want them to disappear because YOU personally don't like it.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

Absolutely hate it. It's as if any moderately decent PC is instantly a GAMING PC. It doesn't only apply to PCs, either. I mean, gaming chairs? Soon we're going to have "Gaming" Glasses, "Gaming" Food, "Gaming" Drinks, "Gaming" Routers, "Gaming" Phones, etc.

Oh wait, those all exist already...

Though, I have to say this guy has his marketing on point:

SUPER ULTRA VIDEO GAMES NOTEBOOK PC GAMING LAPTOR GAMERS.png

some stuff annoys me, like when i see a pc or laptop that says "extreme gaming" or something like that and it has integrated graphics. wtf

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Gaming is a useless marketing term. Any computer can play games of varying demands. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Agreed with RahulR! Absolutely hate it. It's as if any moderately decent PC is instantly a GAMING PC. It doesn't only apply to PCs, either. I mean, gaming chairs? Soon we're going to have "Gaming"

Just now, haronaroum said:

Agreed with RahulR! Absolutely hate it. It's as if any moderately decent PC is instantly a GAMING PC. It doesn't only apply to PCs, either. I mean, gaming chairs? Soon we're going to have "Gaming"

The new Gaming game for gamers xD 

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

It's overused, and sometimes misused.  But not nearly so annoying as the more often than not misused term 'bottleneck.' 

That word needs to die in a fire.

Like how I hate how the MacBook "Pro" is nowhere near a professional tool, nor is the iPad "Pro". And for the PlayStation Pro, yea I have no clue what Sony is doing.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

9 hours ago, ThomasD said:

It's overused, and sometimes misused.  But not nearly so annoying as the more often than not misused term 'bottleneck.' 

That word needs to die in a fire.

futureproof is worse

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

11 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Like how I hate how the MacBook "Pro" is nowhere near a professional tool, nor is the iPad "Pro". And for the PlayStation Pro, yea I have no clue what Sony is doing.

Nah Bro it stand Fur them PRO GAMERS 4Lyfe

I feel like automatically if it has Gamer marketing done to it its got a 75% chance of being completely crap or way overpriced and then theres the Too flashy but cheap looking problems 

Completely not tech wise but another example of marketing completely false  that bugs the crap out of me 

Nissian Maxima is always talked about a sedan sports car by them even though its no faster no more Horsepower then any other car in its class...  just trying to sell it to that 28 year old that now has a kid.

12 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

When your system provides enough power for professionals to use on a daily basis, I think their marketing isn't too far off.

It's better than Dell with their XPS systems. My $800 Inspiron can wipe the floor of a $1000 XPS 15. "Extreme Performance System" my butt.

1 hour ago, M.Yurizaki said:

When your system provides enough power for professionals to use on a daily basis, I think their marketing isn't too far off.

It's better than Dell with their XPS systems. My $800 Inspiron can wipe the floor of a $1000 XPS 15. "Extreme Performance System" my butt.

Well the MacBook Pro is just an Ultrabook. When I think of Professional, I think of something rugged, waterproof, able to survive in any condition you throw it in to get stuff done. Not something that spends most of its time in a coffee shop.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

21 hours ago, Mr Robot said:

"workstation" laptops...they have quads and quadros so...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

gaming = poo with rgb

oc = beast with no functions other than making cpu and mems go fast :) 

ws = over priced for noobs who are going to run everything at stock to be "stable" even though they bought ££££££££££££££££ of hardware and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ of water cooling.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016