Note 7 exploded in hands of a 6yr old-now has serious traumas

Djole123
1 minute ago, Citadelen said:

The battery is apart of the phone, it still needs to be checked. It doesn't matter how rare it is, if it happens, it needs to be stopped.

Thats the point though. It did happen and it is in recall. My friend who has a note 7 said he got like 3 emails and a text when the recall went active. They are in fact notifying customers unless this guys carrier screwed up (which isnt hard to believe). Yes I also understand that batteries are part of the phone but Samsung doesnt make the batteries. They come from a 3rd party. The phone as designed isnt doesnt have the defect. The problem is with that particular shipment of batteries they got for this and not even all batteries in that batch have the problem. They don't test every single device and it appears only to happen when the battery heats up due to high draw or charge.

5 minutes ago, tlink said:

the parents could simply not have been watching the news, lets not jump to conclusions on this.

WAY PAST THAT.

It's all over my facebook feed about every last single time the phone has exploded and did something to someones this or that. Samsung needs to brick all un recalled phones and it'll stop this. 

They're already planning to do so on the Sept 30.

Just now, NumLock21 said:

Too bad the media don't put the recall on the front page, instead we get bs crap about celebrities.

Hmm, maybe we need a celebrity to get horribly disfigured that will get attention!

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

WAY PAST THAT.

It's all over my facebook feed about every last single time the phone has exploded and did something to someones this or that. Samsung needs to brick all un recalled phones and it'll stop this. 

They're already planning to do so on the Sept 30.

yea sure but that there are a load of frauds out there doesn't delegitimize every individual case. don't judge the sheep by its herd.

17 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

but why would somebody give 6 year old a phone. When I was 6 years old we do some other shit

"The child was watching videos on the phone"

This is quite typical actually nowadays, lots of parents show kids cartoons in their phones in the same way our parents back then used to show us cartoons on TVs.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

3 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

-snip-

Some degree of responsibility does lie with them, this particular injury is however the fault of the person who gave to phone to the child.

2 minutes ago, Hunter7263 said:

-snip_

It forms apart of their product, so it is their responsibility, that's how it works. I would have liked to have thought batteries are checked as well as the phone.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

10 minutes ago, Thread212 said:

For real? there's no picture of the victim

Do you want to see?

Just now, Thread212 said:

yes sir

Sorry I don't have it. I don't think they would picture the horrifying image

1 minute ago, Citadelen said:

Some degree of responsibility does lie with them, this particular injury is however the fault of the person who gave to phone to the child.

It forms apart of their product, so it is their responsibility, that's how it works. I would have liked to have thought batteries are checked as well as the phone.

Im not saying samsung isnt at fault. All i am saying is that it takes an incredible number of tests to find out problems like this. Thats why even beta tests with thousands of people cant find all the bugs in software. Samsung doesnt test each individual phone and nor does any other company.

Just now, Thread212 said:

yes sir

Same, I would like to know the degree of damage the phone inflicted on his hands.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

28 minutes ago, Djole123 said:

So, as you know, the Note 7 is a bomb, both specs wise and literally exploding in hands.

Today's victim is a Note 7 exploding in hands of a 6yr old. Just read this:

After the bomblet exploded, the child was immediately taken to hospital because he was seriously injured.

He now doesn't want to go near by any phones or devices.

Oh great Samsung, not only are you nuking houses, cars and individuals but also children. How nice and great.

Source:

http://wccftech.com/galaxy-note-7-explosion-saga-continues-6year-olds-hands-latest-victim/

Well, don't worry, it's fine as long as you are wearing a ballistic vest...

22 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

but why would somebody give 6 year old a phone. When I was 6 years old we do some other shit

Ya I remember when I was six I was in a e-bike with my uncle when guess what, batteries exploded.

Times didn't change.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

32 minutes ago, Djole123 said:

So, as you know, the Note 7 is a bomb, both specs wise and literally exploding in hands.

Today's victim is a Note 7 exploding in hands of a 6yr old. Just read this:

After the bomblet exploded, the child was immediately taken to hospital because he was seriously injured.

He now doesn't want to go near by any phones or devices.

Oh great Samsung, not only are you nuking houses, cars and individuals but also children. How nice and great.

Source:

http://wccftech.com/galaxy-note-7-explosion-saga-continues-6year-olds-hands-latest-victim/

first parents bitch about children spending too much time on phones. Now Samsung made a feature that will keep them away from phones and parents now bitch about kids not spending time with phones.

What is wrong with people?

21 minutes ago, tlink said:

the parents could simply not have been watching the news, lets not jump to conclusions on this.

You get an email and a text message. Its just blatant ignorance at this point.

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

You get an email and a text message. Its just blatant ignorance at this point.

i wouldn't get either of those since i dont buy monthly payment contracts. i buy phones with hard cold cash. they have no idea how to contact me unless they did an ota update

1 minute ago, Prysin said:

first parents bitch about children spending too much time on phones. Now Samsung made a feature that will keep them away from phones and parents now bitch about kids not spending time with phones.

What is wrong with people?

Wow, this is the first time a flaw suddendly became a feature. But that's too painful and expensive.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

5 minutes ago, tlink said:

yea sure but that there are a load of frauds out there doesn't delegitimize every individual case. don't judge the sheep by its herd.

No it doesn't. But my local news, has covered each case of the explosive Note 7's every time one happens. Then they mention EXACTLY how to return your phone before moving on to the next topic. 

Facebook feed basically does the same, along with the "Trending" section.  Hell I even got a message from Sprint about returning the Note 7 for another device. Then it's all over every tech blog that's worth a shit. They're dissecting how this is going to affect this or that in the future for Samsung.  

So go figure, I run a company, play PC games, and screw off on Imgur most of the time. I'm still not "SOO BUSY" that I can't take 10 mins out of my day to return a potentially explosive device. 

To me, there is no excuse PERIOD. For this to continue to happen. The only reason it does is people don't want to return that shiny new phone they just leased from So and So and get stuck with some bullshit ass phone. But they won't be. Return it and get a S7 to use until the Note 7 supply replenishes. That or they choose to continue using and now some poor kid got hurt.

It's 2016 and I choose to judge the book by it's cover. Since that's all people want now with everything else.

15 minutes ago, Daring said:

Every time I hear something about the Note 7, the more I wonder how Samsung's ever gonna recover from this. The Galaxy Note line's reputation is tarnished, probably forever.

Well it's galaxy line is still safe, perhaps they'll have like a Galaxy S8+ which would basically what the successor to the Note 7 would be. The Note 7 looks like a really good phone, just a shame all the trouble it has caused for Samsung and damage it has done to their public image.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

23 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Yeah when I was 6 years old we were good wholesome kids that used to hunt pigeons and cats with a BB gun, look at me now there's nothing wrong with me....appart from the 30 dead hookers in my basement though, nothing wrong I tell you!

The only thing I took away from your post was you have hookers in your basement, does that say anything about my mental state I wonder? 

@topic, it's been very heavily spread so why did their kid have the phone at all? 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

correct me if i´m wrong but hasn't Samsung already ordered a recall? if so everything that happens now is the owners fault for not having returned it yet. 

Just now, tlink said:

i wouldn't get either of those since i dont buy monthly payment contracts. i buy phones with hard cold cash. they have no idea how to contact me unless they did an ota update

They can get your number thru the phone. Friend of mine got it like that, bought it outright off ebay. Got a text about tuesday last week informing him of recall.

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

1 minute ago, tlink said:

No matter who you sign up with the carrier knows what phone you have. They should be able to send out texts to every person with that type of phone no problem. Its not like an individual has to look up your account.

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

Well it's galaxy line is still safe, perhaps they'll have like a Galaxy S8+ which would basically what the successor to the Note 7 would be. The Note 7 looks like a really good phone, just a shame all the trouble it has caused for Samsung and damage it has done to their public image.

Ill still buy another samsung phone. They dont make the batteries, plus this isnt something you expect to happen. And its not like theyre sitting on their asses hoping itll be ignored.

2 minutes ago, Djole123 said:

Wow, this is the first time a flaw suddendly became a feature. But that's too painful and expensive.

I mean there's this quote from the USMC. "Pain is just weakness leaving the body".

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization