Note 7 exploded in hands of a 6yr old-now has serious traumas

Djole123
3 hours ago, Minibois said:

Oh man Samsung, you really screwed up this time. This will likely be a big lawsuit coming towards them. 

I hope the kid is doing fine.

They issued a recall so its not their fault

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

9 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

They issued a recall so its not their fault

That's a weird way of looking at it. You're actually saying "It's okay this electronic consumer device exploded, because they are aware of it and want people to send it back". Especially when it's less (I think) than a week after they issued the news.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Minibois said:

That's a weird way of looking at it. You're actually saying "It's okay this electronic consumer device exploded, because they are aware of it and want people to send it back". Especially when it's less (I think) than a week after they issued the news.

No, I mean like they cant sue. If you haven't heard of the recall you live under a rock. It is there fault that is exploded, but they can't be sued for it

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

9 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

No, I mean like they cant sue. If you haven't heard of the recall you live under a rock. It is there fault that is exploded, but they can't be sued for it

Is that like part of an American law or something? Seems kinda weird to me. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Samsung, will somebody there please think of the children!

Oh they did care!

One kid that won't be run over cause looking constantly at the phone

/s

This is a signature.

So in the future there will only be 1 person in the world who has a healthy fear of technology... if I were the parents I'd rename the child John Connor regardless of gender or current last name.

-KuJoe

How about this, people stop fast charging their Note 7 until they can be replaced-because I've only heard of the Note 7's battery exploding when its been fast charged-not trickle charged (500-mA-900mA).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

30 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Is that like part of an American law or something? Seems kinda weird to me. 

How? Samsung said the device can explode and to not use it and send it in.

Spoiler

AXIOM

Of course Samsung is the primary party at fault here but who is dumb enough to give their kid a phone that is known for exploding and has been reported on in almost all forms of news media for days...

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

MW-EV723_samsun_20160912112602_NS.gif?uu

Wowza. It was up 4.6% from selling printer business to HP Monday. It's Tuesday now in Korea, and it's starting to drop again. They must have received the news that a child was harmed in a Note 7 battery explosion. 

Parents are idiots. People in this thread blaming Samsung for the daft parent's fault are equally if not more idiotic than the parents.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

This is bad for Samsung. I don't know how they let something like this pass through testing?

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL RIPJAWS 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL16 | GPU: XFX 6700XT 12GB | Case: Deepcool Matrexx 70 | Storage: XPG Gammix Gen3x4 M.2 (NVMe) 256GB - ADATA SU 740 SSD 500GB - T-FORCE Vulcan 2.5" SSD 500GB - Mushkin Enhanced Source 2.5" 500GB SSD - Gigabyte Aorus 2TB NVMe Gen 4  | PSU: Enermax Triathlor Semi-Modular ECO 800w 80 PLUS Bronze | Display: MSI Optix MAG27OVC 144Hz | Cooling: Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B | OS: Windows 11 Home | Steam Deck 

PC Peripherals: 

Mouse: G502 Hero & Razer Basilisk HyperSpeed Wireless | Keyboard: Ducky One Mini 65% | Mousepad: Techsource Topo Black | DAC: Schitt Fulla 2 & SYBA USB DAC | Headset: Alienware AW510H & Astro A40 TR | Speakers: Logitech Z323 

2 minutes ago, Deon7Dust said:

This is bad for Samsung. I don't know how they let something like this pass through testing?

Because they most likely had confidence that the company making the batteries for them actually had competent QA and didn't feel the need to do their own QA on "working" batteries. Same process they could go through with all other outsourced components.  

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

PSA: Don't let a 6-year old use an electronic device while unattended.

I would not be surprised if Samsung is already legally protected from this case because it's reasonable for them to include in their user manual or whatev, a dan't let children use this device unattended.

Because batteries ecksploding is one big flashy thing, but leave your child with a phone and if they're young enough they will want to try the taste of that delicious lithium ion battery.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 minute ago, Noctus said:

Because they most likely had confidence that the company making the batteries for them actually had competent QA and didn't feel the need to do their own QA on "working" batteries. Same process they could go through with all other outsourced components.  

That makes sense. They just need to be more careful...

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge WIFI | RAM: G.SKILL RIPJAWS 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL16 | GPU: XFX 6700XT 12GB | Case: Deepcool Matrexx 70 | Storage: XPG Gammix Gen3x4 M.2 (NVMe) 256GB - ADATA SU 740 SSD 500GB - T-FORCE Vulcan 2.5" SSD 500GB - Mushkin Enhanced Source 2.5" 500GB SSD - Gigabyte Aorus 2TB NVMe Gen 4  | PSU: Enermax Triathlor Semi-Modular ECO 800w 80 PLUS Bronze | Display: MSI Optix MAG27OVC 144Hz | Cooling: Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B | OS: Windows 11 Home | Steam Deck 

PC Peripherals: 

Mouse: G502 Hero & Razer Basilisk HyperSpeed Wireless | Keyboard: Ducky One Mini 65% | Mousepad: Techsource Topo Black | DAC: Schitt Fulla 2 & SYBA USB DAC | Headset: Alienware AW510H & Astro A40 TR | Speakers: Logitech Z323 

Just now, Deon7Dust said:

That makes sense. They just need to be more careful...

Yeah it's the only thing i can think of that would make sense out of this. And i dunno, being from the far east, might consider it a grave insult to do their own QA when they've trusted another company to do so, and in turn don't want to gravely insult the outsourced company? Could be the type of thing the aged heads (who are of the old school traditions) of the far eastern companies do.

Yeah it's the only thing i can think of that would make sense out of this. And i dunno, being from the far east, might consider it a grave insult to do their own QA when they've trusted another company to do so, and in turn don't want to gravely insult the outsourced company? Could be the type of thing the aged heads (who are of the old school traditions) of the far eastern companies do.

I agree 100%. 

PC Specs:

PC Peripherals: 

3 hours ago, Citadelen said:

One would assume the entire batch of batteries was faulty, one would hope that of said batch several were tested for faults. I will also say the fault mostly lies with the battery maker, but that Samsung is still at fault.

Why would the entire batch have to be faulty? If i dropped a nickel bolt into a batch of aluminum by accident at a plant some of that aluminum from that batch could be at risk for faults but also some from the very same batch may not have any faults at all. It entirely depends on what happened where in the process of their creation. They never specified why the batteries were faulty. Remember the first exploding phone didn't surface until 8 days or so after the launch. This means there was probably 10's of millions of charge cycles before one had a fault and since then I've only seen maybe a dozen different incidents. Maybe the batteries would have been okay if they were shipped a certain way (due to things like heat, pressure, or extra hard movements like dropping cases of phones). Maybe only a small part of a batch was contaminated. Also consider how are they suppose to test them? How many times do you full charge and discharge a battery? Until it dies? Some of these batteries actually do last thousands of cycles which could take months or years to test. You also have to remember that the phone is relatively sealed so maybe the battery is just fine in an open air environment for testing but not while in the phone itself. There are thousands of factors you cant test for. 

Also they did assume the entire batch was faulty which is why they recalled all of them and made companies offer a non note 7 phone until they could catch up with production for phones they were as sure as they can be that wont explode.

Honestly I forgot what I was arguing at this point. Still cant wait for my iPhone 7 :P

Parents are idiots. People in this thread blaming Samsung for the daft parent's fault are equally if not more idiotic than the parents.

It's a voluntary recall that officially started Sept. 9th in the U.S. It's only been 3 days since, which means it is completely possible that those parents received that recall notice today or will receive it sometime later this week. All prior "recalls" we're not recalls, just an exchange program offered by carriers.

Also the article doesn't say whether the exploding Note 7 was an exchanged device. You're literally assuming a whole lot to call anyone an idiot. 

31 minutes ago, Noctus said:

To be fair they use the same battery manufacturer for the galaxy s7 and previous ones as well. After 10's or even 100's of millions of phones being fine its easy to assume that they are doing okay at making batteries.

Idiot retarded parents. The note 7 has been recalled for a reason. If people choose not to change their phones then it is not Samsung's fault.

For the love of god and all that is holy. Did the owners of Samsung do something like hugely bad. It seems like Karma is beating the shit out of them. They just want catch a break. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

This would have never happen if he were playing on Note 6. 

Magical Pineapples

Note 7 exploded in hands of a 6yr old-now has serious traumas

That makes it sound like the phone is traumatised about exploding.

10 hours ago, Citadelen said:

Oh look my phone model has been imploding yay lets give it to my six yearold that's a brilliant thing to do. >:(

10 hours ago, Katsunaka said:

Exactly.

People are only doing it to cash in at this point. Samsung just needs to move that date up that they're planning on shutting off all non recalled phones. That or send an update to it that bricks it and all it says "Please return to Samsung for a new Note 7"

10 hours ago, Vash_327 said:

i mean is not news that the phone has been exploding all over the place, so why do such a stupid thing to your child willingly. I almost feel like they did it on purpose or they might just live under a rock, just my 2 cents.

all of you are idiots......if it wasnt for ltt i wouldnt have know about it......just because your in the know doesnt mean everyone is. oh and the idea of a parent trying to injure there child just to get some money is stupid...

10 hours ago, Katsunaka said:

Its not really Samsung's fault in all this. Samsung just happened to be using a bad battery. They are doing EVERYTHING in their power to stop it but if idiots don't want to return the phone and get a less explosive phone for a while. Then it's on them.

This has been going on for how long now? I'm sure even people in back woods swamp waters that live off the grid know about it at this point. Period, I ordered the phone and my order was placed on hold over this recall. I placed my order 8-30-16. So 2 weeks people have had a chance to come in, get a replacement, or even return the motherfucker. 

No they choose to let it hurt their children, burn down their car, damage a hotel room.  Samsung should just say "Yea we recalled it, you've had 2 weeks and if its not back in by now, we're assuming you choose to waive all rights in litigation"

WHAT! its completely samsungs fault for allowing it in the first place...end of.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017