Note 7 exploded in hands of a 6yr old-now has serious traumas

Djole123
17 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

They probably didn't realize it was praying to Mecca 5 times per day and constantly thinking about destroying infidels.

Seriously though, I honestly think there is such a thing as ill informed parents: I've seen a lot of people saying how it's impossible not to know at this point yet I've dealt with my relatives long enough to suddenly hear how they want to show me this funny new video about a Korean dude dancing like a horse, like unironically today in 2016.

Adults can be alarmingly out of touch yet have enough money to buy products they know nothing about. It happens.

I thought sumsang gives out email/text messages? I really doubt ill informed parents will buy smartphone unlocked from no carrier. If you buy it unlocked and dont use a carrier, you know what you are doing with phones and should have known the recall. And if you buy it with a carrier, you must have be informed thru email and stuff.

We have to know more abt the situations here, is there any further infor abt if the parents is informed abt the situation or not?

1 hour ago, Notional said:

Seriously though, this must be turning into a nightmare for Samsung. I'm sure it will leak over to lower S7 sales as well.

Leak...? Batteries... electricity... explosions...

Welp, Chernobyl 2.0 just happened. Brace your seats, hold on to your pants, and go catch the next Yvettal.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

7 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

all of you are idiots......if it wasnt for ltt i wouldnt have know about it......just because your in the know doesnt mean everyone is. oh and the idea of a parent trying to injure there child just to get some money is stupid...

Then leave, GOOD BYE. Don't need you around here anyway. 

PFFT, Parents beat their children, kill them,  drown them and all kinds of stuff over what seems to be basically nothing. So you don't think one would hurt their child trying to hit the Samsung Lottery? Sure love to know what you're smoking.

7 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

WHAT! its completely samsungs fault for allowing it in the first place...end of.

How the fuck is Samsung supposed to know the battery had an issue when they received them? The maker QC'd them, probably sent over paperwork saying the parts that they sent were A OK and Samsung just started slapping them in the phones.

Samsung did start the recall IMMEDIATELY. After they heard about the issue, they recalled them. So you choose to be that idiot that blames Samsung in all this. I'm sure ALOT of people have lost their job over this in Korea. Why? Because the Koreans take pride in their work. They feel ashamed when something goes wrong with it. 

I bet you also choose to blame all the car companies that used them Takata airbags. When in fact, it was Takata that caused it all. 

this better stop sometime soon before they outright ban Lithium-ION batteries and we are stuck with NiCD and NiMH again lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

19 hours ago, Citadelen said:

Oh look my phone model has been imploding yay lets give it to my six yearold that's a brilliant thing to do. >:(

Despite what you may think, the Note 7 exploding recall thing hasn't made big news. It's been reported on, sure, but not widely enough IMO. If the parents didn't actively read through the news, It's very plausible that the parents simply did not know about the issue with the Note 7.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

2 hours ago, SamStrecker said:

Then it's the grandmas fault. Why does a grandma have a smart phone too?

Being a grandmother =/= Technologically illiterate

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

3 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Did you purchase the Note 7?  If you did you would have been contacted by your phone service provider about the recall when it happened.  It's Samsung's fault for sure they released the dangerous device, but don't think that the owner/ account holder hasn't had emails or calls to warn them.

what if i got mine from a store contract free?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

41 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

So you don't think one would hurt their child trying to hit the Samsung Lottery

Are you seriously proposing that the parents might have willingly blown up their six-year-old for lawsuit money?

Are you also be the kind of person that believes that the world is run by lizard people and that the moon is a hologram?

2 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

what if i got mine from a store contract free?

Then you register the device with Samsung, unless you're rich and careless enough to spend $800 on a device and not register it for warranty.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

9 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

oh and the idea of a parent trying to injure there child just to get some money is stupid...

OH because NOBODY has ever tried that before... Just sayin and BTW I am a parent of two so im not just talking shit for no reason. and it has been all over social media/tv i mean ppl even stop me to tell me about it because i have a note5 but whateva not my problem....

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @4.2ghz MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero-RAM:HyperX Fury 8gb PSU: Corsair CX750M-GPU: MSI 390x 8g HDD:WD Green 1TB KEYBOARD: Rosewill RGB8-MOUSE: Corsair Gaming RGB M65

2 hours ago, SamStrecker said:

Then it's the grandmas fault. Why does a grandma have a smart phone too?

Agreed. Old people and tech dont work.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

4 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Then you register the device with Samsung, unless you're rich and careless enough to spend $800 on a device and not register it for warranty.

errrr nope sorry not every one does......hers another what if you dont answer numbers you dont know

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

10 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Are you seriously proposing that the parents might have willingly blown up their six-year-old for lawsuit money?

Are you also be the kind of person that believes that the world is run by lizard people and that the moon is a hologram?

Not saying it's the case in this situation but it's not a far fetched idea, people will do a lot for money.  I'm sure a google search of crimes committed by parents against children will show you numerous accounts.  Katina Powell, that lady in the Louisville Basketball scandal, was pimping out her 14 year old daughter for money.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

11 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

errrr nope sorry not every one does......hers another what if you dont answer numbers you dont know

Yeah, I described the type of person who doesn't. I'm not saying it's impossible to not have been notified, just putting it into perspective.

17 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

-snip-

17 hours ago, SamStrecker said:

-snip-

Kids? They're six, how many six year olds do you know that watch the news. At that point it was whoever gave the phone to the boys fault.

10 hours ago, jaggysnake57 said:

-snip-

If you'd have bothered to have read ahead in the thread you'd see me arguing it is also Samsung's fault, but the fault trickles down to whoever gave the phone to the boy in the first place.

1 hour ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

-snip-

I originally saw it on the news, not LTT.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

And it wasn't actually a Note 7 after all.

http://www.androidauthority.com/exploding-galaxy-note-7-childs-hands-clarification-716245/

It was a Galaxy Core Prime.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

36 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

And it wasn't actually a Note 7 after all.

http://www.androidauthority.com/exploding-galaxy-note-7-childs-hands-clarification-716245/

It was a Galaxy Core Prime.

image.jpg

This needs to end. Samsung is getting to the point where they need to be fined for releasing a deadly product.

22 hours ago, Citadelen said:

It forms apart of their product, so it is their responsibility, that's how it works. I would have liked to have thought batteries are checked as well as the phone.

The batteries are checked by the manufacturer or at least they are supposed to be. Yes samsung has to QC their phones but there are very few industries that QC every single product they produce. The cost of that would just be too high to sustain.

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240

4 minutes ago, FratStar said:

-snip-

I really don't think automated battery testing is that expensive to maintain...

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

2 hours ago, Citadelen said:

I originally saw it on the news, not LTT.

Good for you: they might not have.

8 minutes ago, Citadelen said:

I really don't think automated battery testing is that expensive to maintain...

I don't know any specifics of QC for things like batteries but I would put the opus of battery testing on the manufacturer. Samsung is a customer in this case the product the vendor is selling to them should have been QC'd before even being shipped to them. See the thing I've learned about QC especially since I work in logistics currently is the cost that it takes to have someone design a system (software), another person to design the hardware, another person to support it (for a qc system or any system for that matter that is automated) etc. add up to a lot of money. 

I'm being generous when I'm saying paying "a person" because it'll most likely be a group of people. You'd have to have specialized mechanics for the machines and if you use a vendor for all of those things the rate that they would charge you if something goes wrong/needs support is astronomical.

Ultimate I definitely understand what you're saying and I'm of the mind that yes every battery needs to be tested before shipped to a customer or put in a product. Someone in this thread said that Samsung themselves produced the batteries and if true then they should have QC'd every single one and it's totally Samsung's fault in that case.

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240

3 hours ago, Kimmers said:

This needs to end. Samsung is getting to the point where they need to be fined for releasing a deadly product.

I don’t suppose you know how fining a manufacturer is supposed to magically end exploding phones, do you? 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Why are people even still arguing this?  It wasn't even a Galaxy Note 7, it was a different phone.

22 hours ago, Donut417 said:

For the love of god and all that is holy. Did the owners of Samsung do something like hugely bad. It seems like Karma is beating the shit out of them. They just want catch a break. 

yes, they thumbed their nose at everyone wanting a removable battery. I can't feel too bad for them...it would have been easier to just exchange batteries but they omitted that feature. Have fun!