Ask a Microcenter Employee

Rune

Yeah I buy random shit if its cheap enough too, even if I dont need it.

....And yes its hard to tell sarcasm in textual format. (Note: Is textual even a proper word?)

You get free OS pro versions on request for yourself & close friends & family?

Details separate people.

1 hour ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

You get free OS pro versions on request for yourself & close friends & family?

Not sure where you heard that. We barely get any discount on windows.

9 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Yeah I buy random shit if its cheap enough too, even if I dont need it.

....And yes its hard to tell sarcasm in textual format. (Note: Is textual even a proper word?)

Textual is a real word, but not in the context you used. "Text" would be sufficient. Textual means you're talking about a text (as in a body of work, like Lord of the Rings, or The Bible), or the plural variant of the same thing... BUT that's super off topic xD

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2016 at 8:47 AM, Rune said:

Not sure where you heard that. We barely get any discount on windows.

So you get different levels of discount on different items? Sounds nice.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

can you guys come to germany?

saturn and mediamarkt fucking suck for in stock stuff , usually all they have is GT 210 / 720 and maybe some powersupplies and harddrives gah.gif

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

Of the three states I've lived in (South Dakota, Iowa, and currently Florida) you guys have never had a store close to me :( my goal for my next move is to at least be an hour or two away from one lol.

Has Microcenter ever thought about bringing their concept arround the globe?

If not, maybe they should, i think that there are manny people in Europe that would love to have a large hardware store like MC in their countries.

We are currently mainly limmited to small stores with a limmited diversaty of available hardware parts.

If we want more choice of hardware parts, we are pretty much stuck with an webstore, and thats just sad.

11 hours ago, bob51zhang said:

So you get different levels of discount on different items? Sounds nice.

Yes. Every item is different. Cables and software are the big two most of the time, but everything has its exceptions.

11 hours ago, Space Reptile said:

can you guys come to germany?

saturn and mediamarkt fucking suck for in stock stuff , usually all they have is GT 210 / 720 and maybe some powersupplies and harddrives gah.gif

International is going to have to wait a bit. Sorry :P

4 hours ago, imreloadin said:

Of the three states I've lived in (South Dakota, Iowa, and currently Florida) you guys have never had a store close to me :( my goal for my next move is to at least be an hour or two away from one lol.

Out west is probably your best bet :)

48 minutes ago, Sintezza said:

Has Microcenter ever thought about bringing their concept arround the globe?

If not, maybe they should, i think that there are manny people in Europe that would love to have a large hardware store like MC in their countries.

We are currently mainly limmited to small stores with a limmited diversaty of available hardware parts.

If we want more choice of hardware parts, we are pretty much stuck with an webstore, and thats just sad.

I'm sure the idea has been submitted to them by now, but at the moment, it looks like expansion seems to have halted and current stores are being renovated. Somewhat uniquely, it looks like Microcenter doesn't take out any loans when they open a new store and (from what I was told) everything from the infrastucture to the opening inventory is paid for up front.

4 hours ago, Rune said:

-snip

Lol this is literally becoming the "Can A MicroCenter open near me" thread. xD

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

14 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

Lol this is literally becoming the "Can A MicroCenter open near me" thread. xD

Hey, its a good question to ask because the more people that do, the more likely it is! :P

Why dont they have a Microcenter in the Metro Detroit area? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

54 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

These questions have been asked like a dozen times in the thread already: Why haven't they opened a location [insert city name here]?

Besides, do you really think a front-line sales associate is going to know the real answer to that? :P

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

11 hours ago, Donut417 said:

No idea. Probably not enough demand with madison heights so close.

10 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

These questions have been asked like a dozen times in the thread already: Why haven't they opened a location [insert city name here]?

Besides, do you really think a front-line sales associate is going to know the real answer to that? :P

I should probably add a FAQ to the first post :P

11 hours ago, Donut417 said:

High crime rate for robbery.

Do you know why you're willing to put such a discount on open box items? Is it based on a percentage of the MSRP or are those parts sold at cost?

CPU: i7 4770K  |  Corsair H80i  |  ASUS Z87-Pro  |  8GB Corsair 1866Mhz  |  GPU: MSI Gaming X RX 480 8GB  |  Corsair HX  750

20 hours ago, Canada EH said:

High crime rate for robbery.

We have Best Buys and other electronic stores in the area. Also, I said Metro Detroit. Not in the city of Detroit. Big difference. Romulus, where Im at, is 28 miles from that crime ridden city. You dont nearly hear about as much crime happening in this area as you do in Detroit. 

20 hours ago, Rune said:

No idea. Probably not enough demand with madison heights so close.

Which is why Ive never shopped at Microcenter. Because Madison heights is not close to me. Not when I can drive for like 15 min and go to best buy and such. Or go online and shop. 

Ive always wanted to stop in and check one out though. They just seem like the bee's knees. 

Yeah when I hear Detroit, it reeks of crime. Dont matter if its Metro D or not.

They still selling houses for $500 down there?

8 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Yeah when I hear Detroit, it reeks of crime. Dont matter if its Metro D or not.

They still selling houses for $500 down there?

Houses in my neighborhood or going for $80,000+. I dont know of any houses that cost $500. 

3 hours ago, Funtron5000 said:

Do you know why you're willing to put such a discount on open box items? Is it based on a percentage of the MSRP or are those parts sold at cost?

The longer an open box item sits, the more it gets marked down. No exceptions. It usually starts around 5% off and then goes down from there. It creates a really tense game of "if I wait, will it go down further or get sold". My store in particular has a few Vives in the back marked down hundreds at the moment. Three of us are just waiting for them to drop down even further before buying them for giggles.

Was wondering why when there were promotions with graphics cards with games did Microcenter never have those vouchers. I remember a couple years ago, a friend bought a GTX 770 and it didn't come with a digital code for a couple games. He returned the card and bought the same one on Amazon and got the vouchers with the card.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Just now, deVIZtation said:

Was wondering why when there were promotions with graphics cards with games did Microcenter never have those vouchers. I remember a couple years ago, a friend bought a GTX 770 and it didn't come with a digital code for a couple games. He returned the card and bought the same one on Amazon and got the vouchers with the card.

Oftentimes we'll get sent the vouchers in really discreet boxes and unfortunately they can be misplaced. However, if you had contacted a manager about it s/he should have been able to manually get one for you from the vendor. I'm sorry it didn't go well.

Edit: Should also mention that some offers are online only. Its possible that promotion may have been one?

1 minute ago, Rune said:

Oftentimes we'll get sent the vouchers in really discreet boxes and unfortunately they can be misplaced. However, if you had contacted a manager about it s/he should have been able to manually get one for you from the vendor. I'm sorry it didn't go well.

Edit: Should also mention that some offers are online only. Its possible that promotion may have been one?

Oh I'm not butthurt about it. My friend was. I think it was during the time when they were offering that Ubisoft spy game that is going to have a sequel (can't remember the name) with any GTX 700 series cards.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

35 minutes ago, deVIZtation said:

Oh I'm not butthurt about it. My friend was. I think it was during the time when they were offering that Ubisoft spy game that is going to have a sequel (can't remember the name) with any GTX 700 series cards.

Watchdogs? I don't remember it unfortunately.

Can I get a job at my local store as a cashier? 

How old must I be?

I have experience dealing with multiple customers. 

The only thing is that I am still in high school :/   

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4.