Verdict is in, EU demands apple to pay 13 Bilion EUR (+Interest) in taxes owned to Ireland

1 minute ago, patrick3027 said:

Given Apple is sitting on $216 billion in cash, I think they can miss the money.

Still,its allot of money 

4 minutes ago, patrick3027 said:

Given Apple is sitting on $216 billion in cash, I think they can miss the money.

I don't think Apple shareholders will be happy to find out that it lost 6% of its value over a single transaction :P

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 minutes ago, keNNySOC said:

Still,its allot of money 

that technically count as stolen money 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Just now, suicidalfranco said:

that technically count as stolen money 

Money is Money,does not matter

Drug money buys everything that hard earned money buys

Money is JUST Money

1 minute ago, keNNySOC said:

Money is Money,does not matter

Drug money buys everything that hard earned money buys

Money is JUST Money

I think the point is that Apple had it coming

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

19 minutes ago, patrick3027 said:

Losing 13 billion when you have 216 billion in the bank is like losing 160 dollars when you have 1000 dollars in the bank, it's still a lot.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Energycore said:

I think the point is that Apple had it coming

Had it did not have it

Money is Money

Its Apple's mistake for thinking they will get away with a tax of  €13 Billion

Thing is, Apple is not the only large corp that does this, and Ireland is not the only place these corps use as tax havens.

Big corporations such as Apple, Mircosoft, Google, etc. all do this so they can have profits to use in other areas of their business.  Plus, places like Ireland, Luxembourg, etc. benefit as well from the arrangement as this does provide some cash flow to them that they other wise would not get if they did not have low corp taxes.  They use these low corp taxes to entice large corporations to their country.

Get right down to it.  This not going to bother Apple much.  They will probably either just move the so called HQ to another low corp tax haven, leave it there but increase end products cost to the consumer, cut employee hours (employees and their hours are large loss of money to a company reason these get cut), or cut some jobs in some places to remake up the loss.

Is it Ethical to be doing this, no.  Does a large company really care, no.  At the end of the day it about making that dough.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

13 BILLION ???? They might as well buy Irelend at that point :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

23 minutes ago, Thony said:

13 BILLION ???? They might as well buy Irelend at that point :D

The Irish GDP is 228 billion Euros. Which is pretty similar to Apple's revenue.

LOL at the EU, even Ireland says that Apple does NOT owe them any money.

“Ireland’s position remains that the full amount of tax was paid in this case and no state aid was provided,”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2016/08/29/apple-could-hit-irish-tax-bill-millions/89548370/

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

4 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

“Ireland’s position remains that the full amount of tax was paid in this case and no state aid was provided,”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2016/08/29/apple-could-hit-irish-tax-bill-millions/89548370/

Sounds like someone over at the Irish government is getting their palm greased quite a bit...

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

12 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Dont believe the Irish government one bit massive companies have been avoiding tax in Ireland for quite sometime now, The government have it in their heads that if they start asking for tax the companies will up and leave. Google and Facebook also own a lot of money in tax but they are not targeted by the Revenue but the hard working Joe Moe gets taxed up the ass and scrutinized by the Revenue if you miss paying tax. No shits giving to these mega rich tax avoiding companies. 

3 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Dont believe the Irish government one bit massive companies have been avoiding tax in Ireland for quite sometime now, The government have it in their heads that if they start asking for tax the companies will up and leave. Google and Facebook also own a lot of money in tax but they are not targeted by the Revenue but the hard working Joe Moe its taxed up the ass and scrutinized by the Revenue if you miss paying tax. No shits giving to these mega rich tax avoiding companies. 

6 hours ago, Deli said:

Read the news from other news site. Thanks.

So Apple paid 1% or less of tax for 20 years. And EU is going after other big dudes like Amazon and Google.

US is going to retaliate, Popcorn time. xD

Stephen Popcorn.gif

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

54 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

The Irish GDP is 228 billion Euros. Which is pretty similar to Apple's revenue.

Im sure Apple is more profitable than Ireland :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Good for the EU. Too bad Ireland is Brexiting and thus can likely avoid the veredict and keep the tax heaven soon.

-------

Current Rig

-------

7 minutes ago, Thony said:

Im sure Apple is more profitable than Ireland :D

Wouldn't be surprising considering Ireland is 200 Billion in Debt 

5 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

makes me wonder whatever happened to the small business in the UK who wanted start using the same loophole as the big boys do in order to get the government to patch those holes 

It was an entire town I believe. One guy set it all up then got other small business owners to do it through him. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

Good for the EU. Too bad Ireland is Brexiting and thus can likely avoid the veredict and keep the tax heaven soon.

Nope, Northern Ireland is brexiting, Eire are staying put. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

18 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

It was an entire town I believe. One guy set it all up then got other small business owners to do it through him. 

yeah, but is there an update to that story? i remember they decided to do that because they find it unfair that the likes of facebook paid less taxes than they did individually 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

time to buy stock?

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

Big news, but I'm still waiting on the bigger news called Panama papers. 

It will be a slaughter. 

snip

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz