UK teacher left her job to become a full-time Pokemon GO player

Djole123

#killme

So, we all know that Pokemon GO has it's good and bad things, but this is some next level... I don't even know what to say.

pokemon-go.jpg

So, a 26 year old teacher quit her job to be a full time Pokemon GO player. Her plans are to collect virtual characters and sell them on eBay.

She said: “I downloaded it and immediately realised there is money to be made.

“If you can get to a decent level you can sell it on to people on Ebay.

“I heard accounts were being sold and I looked on eBay and some accounts at level 20 and above were going for a £1,000 and level 15 bids were about £100-£200.

“If you put the time in you can get to level 15 after a day or two.

To be honest... Human race is gone.

Source:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1495920/teacher-quits-her-job-to-become-britains-first-full-time-pokemon-go-player/

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

Yeah, because selling Pokemon Go accounts is a sustainable market. No way it will ever get saturated with people in less developed countries who can do it cheaper and more efficiently. 9_9

All I can say is it's a good thing this person is no longer teaching children, she is a horrible role model who makes bad decisions.

-KuJoe

A Venasour got away from me today i was so sad

Main system:

i7 6700k @4.8ghz 1.45v

ROG Maximus Hero VIII

Gigabyte G1 980ti Sli @1500 ghz

Samsung 950 pro 512gb

16gb G.Skill Ripjawz V @3400mhz 

Corsair H115i 280mm AIO

Corsair 400c Case

Corsair RM1000i

Backup/Older/Toys:

Intel i3 6100 @4.6ghz 1.52v

Asrock B150M Pro4/Hyper

Intel 750 series 400gb

Radeon Rx 470 XFX

Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm AIO 

inWin 303 case

AMD Phenom II x4 940 @3.9ghz 1.65v

Gigabyte 780g mobo

Corsair H100 240mm AIO

Corsair Dominiator 8gb DDR2 @1066

Evga GTX 750ti FTW @1450mhz

Thermaltake Matrix case (modded)

"The best way to look stylish on a budget is to try second-hand, bargain hunting, and vintage" 

2 minutes ago, ModuleLFS said:

This game was a mistake.

We are a huge mistake

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

well Pokemon go has made billions (think it was 7b) and 5 billion is all it takes to solve world hunger, is it not sad?

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

5 minutes ago, Djole123 said:

We are a huge mistake

Not all of us are a result of failed protection.

20 minutes ago, Julian5 said:

well Pokemon go has made billions (think it was 7b) and 5 billion is all it takes to solve world hunger, is it not sad?

Not sure on the first part. It would cost about $30 billion per year to end world hunger (according to the UN). The US gives out $33 billion per year in foreign aid so it looks like the countries we're helping out are using the money for things other than food.

-KuJoe

20 minutes ago, Julian5 said:

world hunger isnt a "one-time solve" because people get hugry again ;)

you would basicly need to change the world in order to change world hunger.

Yeah sorry about my last dumb post, got my facts wrong

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

8 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

Not sure on the first part. It would cost about $30 billion per year to end world hunger (according to the UN). The US gives out $33 billion per year in foreign aid so it looks like the countries we're helping out are using the money for things other than food.

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

world hunger isnt a "one-time solve" because people get hugry again ;)

you would basicly need to change the world in order to change world hunger.

Surely it meant it would take that amount to fix the areas that are in hunger places (make farm land, teach them out to live off the land, relocate/housing etc) and not just "we bought you food, now you aint hungry" type deals ?

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Just now, Noctus said:

Surely it meant it would take that amount to fix the areas that are in hunger places (make farm land, teach them out to live off the land, relocate/housing etc) and not just "we bought you food, now you aint hungry" type deals ?

the problem is much more deeper and complicated than that.

it is also not really material for a tech forum :P

1 minute ago, Noctus said:

I'm not sure what you're asking. Here's an article from 2008 that I found (so that $30 billion I mentioned before is wrong and the cost is higher than that): http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/04/news/04iht-04food.13446176.html It outlines some of the things required.

-KuJoe

7 minutes ago, manikyath said:

the problem is much more deeper and complicated than that.

it is also not really material for a tech forum :P

Yeah i guess thats true for both your comments :D

4 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

I'm not sure what you're asking. Here's an article from 2008 that I found (so that $30 billion I mentioned before is wrong and the cost is higher than that): http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/04/news/04iht-04food.13446176.html It outlines some of the things required.

cheers

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

50 minutes ago, ModuleLFS said:

This game was a mistake.

No it was not...

But people are stupid and that will never change. I have installed the game, but I do not feel the need or the urge to go outside at 3 am just because there's a Pikachu in my neighbour's yard. Still, some people do that.

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

1 hour ago, Djole123 said:

#killme

To be honest... Human race is gone.

Honestly I don't see the problem. If you can make money doing something you like why on earth shouldn't you? This is the same treatment people first got when they started making money through youtube and twitch...and they still get it by people who are stuck in the past. I mean, people seem to project some sort of moral superiority on these new ways of making money and this isn't even a moral issue.

Granted, I think it's a stupid idea, it's unlikely to be able to continue making her money for very long (as demand for these accounts diminish) but it's hardly something to throw in the towel on humanity. Comparatively there are far worse things you can do to make money and they've been happening for...pretty much the extent of human existence and we've not died out yet.

13 minutes ago, Yog said:

Honestly I don't see the problem. If you can make money doing something you like why on earth shouldn't you? This is the same treatment people first got when they started making money through youtube and twitch...and they still get it by people who are stuck in the past. I mean, people seem to project some sort of moral superiority on these new ways of making money and this isn't even a moral issue.

Granted, I think it's a stupid idea, it's unlikely to be able to continue making her money for very long (as demand for these accounts diminish) but it's hardly something to throw in the towel on humanity. Comparatively there are far worse things you can do to make money and they've been happening for...pretty much the extent of human existence and we've not died out yet.

It's not about moral superiority, it's about quitting your job that pays your bills, gives you a roof over you head, and puts food on the table because they "heard" people were selling accounts. Had they said "I did the research and I see that I can pump out X amount of level 20 accounts per day and based off the average account sold on Pokemon Go I can make $XXXX per week" it wouldn't be as bad, but risking your well being because you heard somebody sold something on eBay is not a smart way to start any venture. At the very least make your first sale before quitting your job to see if it's even possible for you to do.

EDIT: And it's made worse that this person was supposedly shaping children's minds and futures.

-KuJoe

What do you expect its the fucking Sun, the whole article is probably bs.

It's the sun, the chances of it being real are lower than the chance of pokemon go disappearing tomorrow. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

9 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

Had they said "I did the research and I see that I can pump out X amount of level 20 accounts per day and based off the average account sold on Pokemon Go I can make $XXXX per week" it wouldn't be as bad

That is exactly what she did. It says she heard about the selling of accounts, she researched how much they sell for and how many she can do a week.

3 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

It's the sun, the chances of it being real are lower than the chance of pokemon go disappearing tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, Overkilled said:

^^^^^

The Sun is the WCCTech of the U.K.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

4 minutes ago, Yog said:

That is exactly what she did. It says she heard about the selling of accounts, she researched how much they sell for and how many she can do a week.

I didn't interpret any of that from the article I read. She said she saw some bids.

-KuJoe

1 hour ago, ModuleLFS said:

This game was a mistake.

yeah blame the game, not the people 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

33 minutes ago, Overkilled said:

Well said fuck the S*n

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s