What happens when you die?

Pranav Vishal

Most of the time, friends and family mourn, and a funeral takes place.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Depending on the death, your consciousness is either given a new body (reincarnation) or will go to another timeline or universe where you are still alive.

(just making shit up)

you die.

Just joined the forum? Read this:

A Quick Guide To Get Started

Need Help Doing Something? Read this:

Guides & Tutorials Catalog

Need a New SSD? Read this:

Droidbot's SATA3 SSD Tier List

Need a New PSU? Read this:

PSU Tier List

In the mood for some memes? Look at these:

Linus Memes

Want to know my PC Specs and Peripherals?

Spoiler

CPU - Intel Xeon E5 2609 v3     Motherboard - ASRock X99 Extreme3      RAM - 16gb HyperX Fury DDR4      GPU - EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 SC      

Case - Inwin 103       Storage - HyperX Savage 240gb SSD      PSU - 550W Enermax NAXN      Display(s) - 2x Lenovo L27i-28, Dell 24"      Cooling - Corsair H100i Platinum     Keyboard - Corsair K95 Platinum MX Speed      Mouse - Logitech G900      Sound - Audio Technica ATH-M50x     Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

Join the LTT F@H Team!

You can help scientists studying Alzheimer's, Huntington's, and many cancers by simply running a piece of software on your computer.

Start now: Folding@Home Install Guide and Links

Depends, a large scale police investigation may be initiated if death appears suspicious.   

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

worm food (or some ash)

hopefully you are dead before they bury you 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

die, then you will know what happens!

:)

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

It's a tough question, one that no person has a definitive answer to. I find it is best to believe whatever gets you through day after day, and eventually, you will find out. Or not, depending. It can be scary to think about, but I prefer to view it as a bit of an adventure.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

When you Die you will live in spirit form next to a spirit guardian seeing only black and white waiting for someone to resurrect you. You can also run in spirit mode to the place you died and self-resurrect by entering your body,  or you can ask the spirit guardian to revive you, but when she does you will have a resurrection sickness.

Trust me I died like a million times.

Depends. I died several times my clothes with different colors.

I think the most logical answer based on our knowledge of how organisms work is that we just turn off, like a light switch (que the music!!! Book of Mormon? Anyone? Okay...). Just dark, that's it. Your personality, memories, other stuff, just all gone. It's comforting to think that you'll get to keep all the things that make you you after you physically die, living in some white paradise, walking around in a robe, but it's simply not realistic because of what we know for certain about life. Yes I am an atheist, yes that probably influenced my words above, no I do not want to have a stupid debate with you about religion. 

ASU

9 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

I think the most logical answer based on our knowledge of how organisms work is that we just turn off, like a light switch (que the music!!! Book of Mormon? Anyone? Okay...). Just dark, that's it. Your personality, memories, other stuff, just all gone. 

Not like a light

because when the light is off, it still exists

its more like. when you turn off the lightswitch, a nearby sun goes supernova and destroys the light in a blackhole, and then dissapears forever

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

2 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Not like a light

because when the light is off, it still exists

its more like. when you turn off the lightswitch, a nearby sun goes supernova and destroys the light in a blackhole, and then dissapears forever

Well the photons it was emitting are no longer present, it was a metaphor. 

ASU

10 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Well the photons it was emitting are no longer present, it was a metaphor. 

I guess when we die our body still exists so its like a lightbulb that had the filament blow :D

If you are facing that or/and are worried about it, please go to your doctor and talk about that.

They will find you someone to talk about that.

If that's realy bothering you, don't read comments on forums and online, since there are many trolls.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

3 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

I guess when we die our body still exists so its like a lightbulb that had the filament blow :D

Yes. We're all just light bulbs wandering around at various states of almost burnt out.  

ASU

Your life as a transistor in a 9590 has ended. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

If gaming has taught me anything, you will return the last time you saved. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Your family discover your internet history, the contents of your hidden folder, the payments to your dominatrix, Mistress Asphyxi-Booty, your drug paraphernalia, your gambling debts, your previously unknown child in Berlin. Messy business, just as well you're not around to deal with the fallout.   

7 hours ago, Pranav Vishal said:

Reincarnation? 

Your brain stops working and as such your body can no longer function it's current state.

That is all we know.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

6 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

-snip-

You know, this is possibly the most plausible option right now... regardless of religious beliefs.

Groomlake Authority

Your body shuts down, muscles relax, and you enter rigor mortis.

As for more religious things like the soul, it really depends on your beliefs.