RX 470 and RX 460 specs confirmed by AMD

Phoenix721
1 minute ago, dionkoffie said:

Nice. I really wonder what the prices/performance is gonna be. AMD is really doing a good job here. 

And most importantly, Nvidia has nothing to compete at the moment. Hope they regain that market share.

I have a Fury Nitro and an FX 8320E. Screw my life?

2 minutes ago, Phoenix721 said:

I doubt that it will cost that much, it would be stupid having the 470 launch at 150-170, the 480 at 200 (I'm talking about MSRP prices) and then having the 480 at 200. I think it will be more like 80-100, 150 and then 200 for each card.

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

I was not paying attention :D I won't edit it because it's hillarious af.

22 minutes ago, Phoenix721 said:

I doubt that it will cost that much, it would be stupid having the 470 launch at 150-170, the 480 at 200 (I'm talking about MSRP prices) and then having the 480 at 200. I think it will be more like 80-100, 150 and then 200 for each card.

wat

Te R7 370's MSRP is $120~ And shit I made a typo.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

30 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Can't believe Dr. Su in another video said RX460 as a card for e-sports. -_-

And still same 6 pin on RX470.

AMD can literally name their RX line up to "FirePro"

3DMark will need a new Fire Strike rating system for the RX 4xx series: 1 to 5 alarms :) ... 

Folding For Linus since July 2015

58 minutes ago, Phoenix721 said:

It will cost around ~100, amazing for the price.

and the 470 will cost about $150 and perform very similar to the 480, so no the 460 is not amazing as long as the 470 exists

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

1 hour ago, Starelementpoke said:

I'd buy it if the problem was fixed. Don't get me wrong, if the problem persists, then I won't get it. If it ends up getting fixed, why not?

wait until custom AIB solutions with custom VRMs come up

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

2 minutes ago, rattacko123 said:

wait until custom AIB solutions with custom VRMs come up

I'm aware of that.

1 hour ago, DildorTheDecent said:

RX 480: 2304 Stream processors

RX 470: 2048 Stream processors

RX 460: 896 Stream processors

maybe the RX460 has really big CUs, who knows, it may have more stream processors than the R9 Fury X if rumors are to be beleived

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

Looks really good low budged lineup. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

If the 480 from board partners stays a hazardous piece of shit, the 470 actually a rly good alternative, at 120w tdp a single fan solution would be just fine.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

896 stream processors for the 460?

That's not a lot.

Then again I do like the 470. Hope it can be OC'd very well.

Ye ole' train

3 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

896 stream processors for the 460?

That's not a lot.

Then again I do like the 470. Hope it can be OC'd very well.

It can be compared to the 750Ti. With a die shrink. And much higher clocks (1400 was the last rumoured).

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

14 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Can't believe Dr. Su in another video said RX460 as a card for e-sports. -_-

And still same 6 pin on RX470.

AMD can literally name their RX line up to "FirePro"

Except on the 470 it would be much less of a problem. You have less CUs to deal with so OC-ing it on the stock cooler wouldn't be much of a problem actually. Then again, wait on custom cards for that.

Ye ole' train

If RX 470 can be OCd to the performance of stock RX 480 then I think I will go for the RX 470.

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Or BIOS unlocked... I really want that to happen xD 

Yes, that may be possibility. However I wouldnt do that unless I have dual BIOS card as the disabled CUs may be disabled for reason.

19 hours ago, petem said:

3DMark will need a new Fire Strike rating system for the RX 4xx series: 1 to 5 alarms :) ... 

3Dmark's newest benchmark, optimized specifically for AMD gpus:  Introducing Fire Alarm.

On July 1, 2016 at 5:46 PM, Phoenix721 said:

I was not paying attention :D I won't edit it because it's hillarious af.

Some people need to hear things twice for it to really sink in.  ?  lol

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Why would the 460 only have 2GB of VRAM?  Isn't that low nowadays?  

For the type of game AMD targets it at, not really. 1080p esport-y games are usually really light on the hardware (Dota 2, CS:GO, LoL, the lot, with the only exception being TF2 because that game is unoptimized as shit) so that input latency is reduced and the fps can be kept really high.

Ye ole' train

11 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

For the type of game AMD targets it at, not really. 1080p esport-y games are usually really light on the hardware (Dota 2, CS:GO, LoL, the lot, with the only exception being TF2 because that game is unoptimized as shit) so that input latency is reduced and the fps can be kept really high.

Ah.  That makes sense.  Thank you for clarifying that.

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 0:34 AM, Phoenix721 said:

I suppose so, but that would be hard.

It would be considering the 480 struggles to maintain 390 level of performance.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

On 2 juli 2016 at 0:43 AM, DildorTheDecent said:

RX 480: 2304 Stream processors

RX 470: 2048 Stream processors

RX 460: 896 Stream processors

Feels like AMD is going to release something with the RX xx5 handle again, with something like 20 CU, 1280 SP (RX465?) and a slightly bigger, 40 CU, 2560 stream processors P10 chip (RX485? with double the ROPs as well) next year or so. AMD is leaving quite a gap in power between the RX470 and the RX460.

Ye ole' train

2 hours ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Feels like AMD is going to release something with the RX xx5 handle again, with something like 20 CU, 1280 SP (RX465?) and a slightly bigger, 40 CU, 2560 stream processors P10 chip (RX485? with double the ROPs as well) next year or so. AMD is leaving quite a gap in power between the RX470 and the RX460.

I don't think they can aford to make more GPUs. Also, a bigger polaris 10 is NOT happening, since the rx 480 is the full one. We will have to wait for Vega for a potential 490, assuming it exists. There is definetely a fury 2 coming, though.