Parents won't let me spend my money?

Drkrinklez
6 minutes ago, dizmo said:

If you need a good laxative, it sure is! Or maybe that's just me... :P:(

Perhaps, but there's always ways to get a cash infusion. Summer work ftw. When I was his age I always had little summer jobs to do. I don't think I had money at 9. At least not money I could touch. There was no real reason for me to have any, either. The world sure is changing. Now I feel old.

Haha that money was all Eid money (basically christmas except twice a year and cash only and from old to young only) and money from my $0.25/week allowance! I think I bought a lego kit with it once but that was about it. Once I reached 12-13 tech started to drain my finances but by then KK Studios was a thing.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

1 hour ago, Jonnyswboy said:

He's 14. :\

Yes. A 14 year old who needs to learn the value of money and the importance of saving.

1 hour ago, Drkrinklez said:

What else could a 14 year old buy besides playing cards and entertainment? 

You don't need to spend it! Learn the value of saving and watch it grow. 

4 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

weed

Rare Pepes

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

Rare Pepes

I know thats what I was buying with my birthday money when I was 14 xD 

1 minute ago, GreezyJeezy said:

I know thats what I was buying with my birthday money when I was 14 xD 

All the Pepes

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

7 hours ago, thekeemo said:

I have to agree with your parents here.

At the end of the month you should have more than you did the previous month.

That doesnt appear to be happening here.

Not at 14 FFS...

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

7 hours ago, Drkrinklez said:

Why not? They didn't give me the money, I got it for Christmas from my aunts!

#IEARNEDIT xD

get a job, it's summer so you probly don't have school for a good couple of months

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

5 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

Yes. A 14 year old who needs to learn the value of money and the importance of saving.

You don't need to spend it! Learn the value of saving and watch it grow. 

It's like not being so impulsive on buying stuff, and deciding if you really need it or not.

For example, i had money saved up for a PSU but an unexpected thing happened and my SSD failed. Spent the money that i'd saved to buy a new SSD, if i was impulsive and spent the money on random stuff, then where would i have the money to pay for the unexpected things that would happen to me? 

I'd used to blow all of my money on Steam cards but after a while, learned that games aren't everything.  I'd decided to save my money for things that i may need to use or for unexpected things.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

4 hours ago, Bubblewhale said:

Exactly! You save it with a purpose is mind. He just has the mentality of "I have it therefore I spend it." Just read through his comments here.

IMO, a 14 yr old should be able to spend the money they have earned. The parents job at that age is to teach them that once it's all spent, you can't spend anymore until you earn more.

You learn to be responsible with money when you're old enough to need it to survive (rent, bills, etc.)

My roommate has parents that still somewhat boss him around about money and he's in his late 20's, with a masters degree and a real job, lol. As a result, he's obnoxiously cheap. There's a difference between being money smart and a tight wad. It's a little sad. Better him than me I guess.

Yeah, they are not doing this because they hate you, but because they care about you. They don't want you seeing spending your heard earned money on, in their eyes, non-important stuff (talking about the Magic cards here. And not mocking that, I'm a collector or other types of cards, just thinking about how your parents see it) and would rather see you have a stable financial life by maybe making you spend less.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

look mate, I am 15. I get £10 a month (from my parents respectfully) and £20 from working on a Saturday every fortnight. I usually end up with around £50 each month and I usually spend that on items that I don't actually need and wish I had a debit card or something so I could keep the money away somewhere so I don't spend it. If you think it bad that you can't take any more than £10 with you at a time, you should be grateful that your parents care for you and what you spend it on. Personally, I wish my parents would do that to me every now and then because I will just simply spend it on shit that will have no use for me, for example, I have way too many vinyl sheets for things that I will never use on. It is just like hoarding your items hoping that they have a use in the future and I guess that you don't want to be that person either? So just take a bit of this as a lesson learnt and that it is also a good thing, not a bad thing.

So now that I have actually said this, I shall be a responsible teen and pursue my likings to getting a debit card somewhere in town

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

18 hours ago, Drkrinklez said:

I am 14

Well I'm sorry mate, but your parents have the right to do this.

To be honest, it's probably for good reason. I would do the same to my kids if (god forbid) I had any.

So yeah, listen to them. You have to anyway up until you're 18 so get used to it.

Like even though I'm in my twenties, when I go home from time to time, I'm still told to do things. Like I have a mortgage, pay my own bills and have a full-time job and yet, I still get bossed around.

Good parents, wish mine were like that.

let us all remember now and today, computers do not like abuse, they will fight back!

Old Skool KILLBOX. XEON E5640 4.0ghz / ASUS P6X58D-E ~ Noctua NH-L12 ~ eVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB 1312/7000 ~ 4TB 7200 RPM RAID0 ~ CoolerMaster Haf 922 ~ DELL P214H 23" 1080 IPS 2ms ~ HP w2007v 1680x1050. Now Playing: Splinter Cell OG XBOX / CSGO PC

Original XBOX - Xecuter 2 4981.67 Bios. Playstation 2 Slim SCPH-70002. Sega Dreamcast. N64

Just get a job.  Then you can spend on anything you like and you'll may reset it later or you may not. When you earn money you worked for it so you can do what you like,  but when people give you money they always like to control it and it's never really your's. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Until you are the age of 18. Your parent has full control of your money, nothing you can do. It's the law. Almost $40 bucks on plastic cards and $10 is not enough for lunch. For $10 u can have 2 days worth of lunch.

Most fastfood have those $4-5 lunch box. Don't want that, then tell your parent to make lunch for you.

When your a adult, u will thank them for doing what's right for you. Don't want to be like those wondering on the streets homeless begging for pennies, cause they won't listen, when their young.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

24 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Until you are the age of 18. Your parent has full control of your money, nothing you can do. It's the law. Almost $40 bucks on plastic cards and $10 is not enough for lunch. For $10 u can have 2 days worth of lunch.

Most fastfood have those $4-5 lunch box. Don't want that, then tell your parent to make lunch for you.

When your a adult, u will thank them for doing what's right for you. Don't want to be like those wondering on the streets homeless begging for pennies, cause they won't listen, when their young.

People on the street begging for Money do it because they can make a decent living. At least thats how it is in Metro Detroit. Most of these fuckers are not even homeless, they just do it because some suckers give them money. Im going to say this, I have a friend who had some what controlling parents. The minuet he turned 18 he was the the hell out of his parents house. No joke he struggled. But, he did what he needed to do to survive. Some times you just have to let the kids learn from there own mistakes. My Best Friend had controlling parents and he ended up moving out of state. I think that was part of the reason he did. Not that he and his parents didnt have a good relationship but he was a college age and still had a curfew. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 7:41 PM, Drkrinklez said:

Why not? They didn't give me the money, I got it for Christmas from my aunts!

Then you didn't earn it. Simple as that. Unless you are employed either by yourself or by a third party and actually earn money, you didn't earn it.

On 6/19/2016 at 8:39 PM, Drkrinklez said:

But 10 dollars! I can't get anything with 10 dollars!

This is why your parents are controlling your money. You can get a lot for $10 in the US.

Honestly, I wish my parents were like yours. My parents let me spend my money on anything I wanted whenever I wanted as long as my bills were paid (I paid for my cell phone and car insurance). Before I even had my first real job outside of retail and fast food I had multiple credit cards with over $15k in debt when I was 18. Luckily my wife is better with money than I am so that lifestyle is behind me (aside from the mortgage, 2 car payments, and dozens of student loans).

-KuJoe

On 6/19/2016 at 8:44 PM, Drkrinklez said:

I'm not working, though. Plus I'm not saving up for anything, if anything I was saving up for more cards

Lies, you'reour always saving money, never know when you might actually need it.

On 6/19/2016 at 10:17 PM, Donut417 said:

The fact is, if the OP earned the money then its his to spend. My parents told me if I wanted something, like when I wanted a PS2. I had to buy it myself. So I saved up all my bday and holiday money. Id take jobs watching pets while people were away. I saved. Thats how I learned to manage money. Hell I been out of Work for a year now and still have thousands of dollars to my name. Its the OP's money. All his parents can do is give good financial advice. Which is what my parents did. Which is why I have money and my sister is generally broke, because she didnt listen. 

This isn't Earning money.

This is earning money. 

Work, Save up, then spend a small portion.

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

People on the street begging for Money do it because they can make a decent living. At least thats how it is in Metro Detroit. Most of these fuckers are not even homeless, they just do it because some suckers give them money. Im going to say this, I have a friend who had some what controlling parents. The minuet he turned 18 he was the the hell out of his parents house. No joke he struggled. But, he did what he needed to do to survive. Some times you just have to let the kids learn from there own mistakes. My Best Friend had controlling parents and he ended up moving out of state. I think that was part of the reason he did. Not that he and his parents didnt have a good relationship but he was a college age and still had a curfew. 

My ex-co worker told me, him as a full grown adult, is married, probably have kids right now, still gets spanked by his dad.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list